Community Forum

My Money Problem

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Golden Ridge TC
Visit My Farm

My Money Problem

Post by Golden Ridge TC »

I have a bad habit of spending money as soon as I get it in games and I do that a lot here, is there any tips or tricks to earn money other than the obvious one (using turns and mowing the fields)? thanks to all that do help.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: My Money Problem

Post by BlackOak2 »

Golden Ridge TC wrote:I have a bad habit of spending money as soon as I get it in games and I do that a lot here, is there any tips or tricks to earn money other than the obvious one (using turns and mowing the fields)? thanks to all that do help.
Completing the quests. If you choose one and focus on just that one, it should give you some movement as long as you refrain from the temptations of buying those market horses. ;)

The recipe breeding quests can be cheaply done (for the most part) and will earn you a little bit here and a little bit there.

I recommend all of our newbies to acquire a grinder, that's the bread & butter monies earner, to be used in locals. There are a lot of senior and even junior members that will offer you your first freebie grinder as a newbie (and even those that will offer returnees a freebie under certain circumstances).

The only things you will need to use your monies on at first, is the player skills and expansion. And only barn or pasture expansion when you run out of room. Don't waste your monies immediately on barns, use it on pastures, same use, but they're a bit cheaper. A small 4-stall barn will suffice when you need to have a competing horse on a restricted diet.

Other than that, always give your grinder a try in player-made's. One never knows when even a grinder can be a hidden, money-earning gem. Just be smart on what competition you put your horse up against and be aware of the current record holder times. Competitive times aren't going to be far off of the record times with the sole exception of in-hand.

Then, of course, contests. There are many of these and even ones that don't really require much effort at all (some are distinctly designed for newbies that have nothing at all to offer).

And, if you do find yourself suddenly out of funds, asking the community at large for a donation is also acceptable. So that's also available if you run yourself accidentally out.

There's also a money-earning topic around here somewhere... I might've remembered and linked it in my quicklinks below. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horses4heather
Visit My Farm

Post by horses4heather »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Golden Ridge TC wrote:I have a bad habit of spending money as soon as I get it in games and I do that a lot here, is there any tips or tricks to earn money other than the obvious one (using turns and mowing the fields)? thanks to all that do help.
Completing the quests. If you choose one and focus on just that one, it should give you some movement as long as you refrain from the temptations of buying those market horses. ;)

The recipe breeding quests can be cheaply done (for the most part) and will earn you a little bit here and a little bit there.

I recommend all of our newbies to acquire a grinder, that's the bread & butter monies earner, to be used in locals. There are a lot of senior and even junior members that will offer you your first freebie grinder as a newbie (and even those that will offer returnees a freebie under certain circumstances).

The only things you will need to use your monies on at first, is the player skills and expansion. And only barn or pasture expansion when you run out of room. Don't waste your monies immediately on barns, use it on pastures, same use, but they're a bit cheaper. A small 4-stall barn will suffice when you need to have a competing horse on a restricted diet.

Other than that, always give your grinder a try in player-made's. One never knows when even a grinder can be a hidden, money-earning gem. Just be smart on what competition you put your horse up against and be aware of the current record holder times. Competitive times aren't going to be far off of the record times with the sole exception of in-hand.

Then, of course, contests. There are many of these and even ones that don't really require much effort at all (some are distinctly designed for newbies that have nothing at all to offer).

And, if you do find yourself suddenly out of funds, asking the community at large for a donation is also acceptable. So that's also available if you run yourself accidentally out.

There's also a money-earning topic around here somewhere... I might've remembered and linked it in my quicklinks below. :mrgreen:
Omg thank you for this. I have been looking for guides on what I need for racing and this is very useful
Just figuring stuff out. Haha
Golden Ridge TC
Visit My Farm

Post by Golden Ridge TC »

thanks for the tips!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 pm