Community Forum

How does training affect foals?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
AfricaGirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

How does training affect foals?

Post by AfricaGirl »

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question.

Does training of the parents affect the quality of a foal?

so for instance if I breed from my mare and stallion, do their training stats affect how good the foal turns out, or only their base stats?

Will foals that are born after training the parents be better than foals born before the parents were trained?

Thank you!
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: How does training affect foals?

Post by Mega »

no it does not. Also you can show an untrained horse and it still beat horses that are trained.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

AfricaGirl wrote:so for instance if I breed from my mare and stallion, do their training stats affect how good the foal turns out, or only their base stats?
Training does not affect the quality of a foal whatsoever.
However, training and competing the parents will give hints as to what sorts of "performance genes" (heart) they have- as well as just making it easier to assess the quality of the parents. Technically you could compete the parents untrained and use that as an indicator as well but that may not be as reliable.
Basically "heart" is the ability of the horse to perform well against other horses.
There are a handful of really great guides that cover breeding and "heart" in more detail. I wouldn't worry about it too much until you have an established line and are looking into getting that line more solidly competitive, but it's something to keep in mind.
AfricaGirl
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AfricaGirl »

Thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 3:01 am

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:01 am