Community Forum

Quick Question!

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Callen
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Quick Question!

Post by Callen »

Regarding the spamming rule:

Does spamming a horse on the marketplace count? There is this one horse (Never sold) that every minute is taken down and put up again. Don't need the player to be banned or anything, just need clarification for the spamming rule :mrgreen:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Quick Question!

Post by BlackOak2 »

Callen wrote:Regarding the spamming rule:

Does spamming a horse on the marketplace count? There is this one horse (Never sold) that every minute is taken down and put up again. Don't need the player to be banned or anything, just need clarification for the spamming rule :mrgreen:
Spamming is generally restricted to the forums and chat, but can extend to behaviors in other areas.

Putting a horse up for sale, taking it down and then reapplying a horse for sale, really isn't a form of spamming. It's just moving the horse to the first on the list again. And actually, takes time to do. :|
Spamming in the sales may be something like repeating the same text (for example: For Sale, For Sale, For Sale, For Sale) in a single horse ad.

Spamming can also take the form of multiple topics opened (even in separate forums) with the same text. Or repeating a post in multiple different topics. And of course, repeating the same image, emoji, words, texts, etc. more than three times. And this repetition of image, emoji, words... etc. can be anywhere on the site where a player has access to.

It is difficult to sell horses at times. Keeping a horse near the top of the list could, theoretically, get it seen more often, but isn't necessarily a good tactic. In order to get horse's sold, one must extract what's different about the horse and enlighten the community to what stands out. For instance, conformation score values, unusual outcomes for shows, or unique (or well-known) bloodlines.
Just putting a horse up and expecting community members to look for themselves... when there's a ton of identical other horses on the market, just doesn't work.

;) There are topics that give ideas on how to sell horses in my quicklinks. And also there's a rules topic in the community reminders. But, maybe it wasn't covered there? Hmmm... it's been awhile since I looked at it. :lol: It may need an addendum.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 7:39 am

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:39 am