Community Forum

Tutorial Question!!

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Oat;
Visit My Farm

Tutorial Question!!

Post by Oat; »

Hi! So both of the horses I adopted are shetlands, they are 8.33h, and my tutorial says to enter them in competition, but they are both TOO SHORT!! What should I do?
Thanks,
Oat :?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Tutorial Question!!

Post by EclipticEnd »

Oat; wrote:Hi! So both of the horses I adopted are shetlands, they are 8.33h, and my tutorial says to enter them in competition, but they are both TOO SHORT!! What should I do?
Thanks,
I'm not super familiar with the height requirements of competitions, but I'm guessing horses below a certain height are designated for In-Hand Jumping, which is a Premium only discipline. I've never really worked with super short horses so I don't know what that height threshold is.

My best advice would be to buy a $1 horse from the market and use it to complete this part of the tutorial. If you don't want to keep the horse afterwards, you can always resell it or else rehome it if it has no foals. Alternatively you can pay for Premium to unlock In-Hand Jumping, but I couldn't say if your horses are short enough for it or not; I've never done so and have no experience with that.
Oat;
Visit My Farm

Post by Oat; »

Thanks!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Oat; wrote:Hi! So both of the horses I adopted are shetlands, they are 8.33h, and my tutorial says to enter them in competition, but they are both TOO SHORT!! What should I do?
Thanks,
I'm not super familiar with the height requirements of competitions, but I'm guessing horses below a certain height are designated for In-Hand Jumping, which is a Premium only discipline. I've never really worked with super short horses so I don't know what that height threshold is.

My best advice would be to buy a $1 horse from the market and use it to complete this part of the tutorial. If you don't want to keep the horse afterwards, you can always resell it or else rehome it if it has no foals. Alternatively you can pay for Premium to unlock In-Hand Jumping, but I couldn't say if your horses are short enough for it or not; I've never done so and have no experience with that.
:)
You've been around too long EclipticEnd. In-hand isn't premium only.

There are some competitions that the shetlands can still enter in. Look for the ones that don't require a horse to be ridden.
But... isn't that part of the tutorial meant for local shows? In which case, you should be able to enter either of those horses into any of the local shows I think... It's only the player-hosted competitions that the height really comes into play.

Check the tutorial wording again and I think... THINK.. it means local shows, which is a tab on the horse's profile page. If not, take a look at the non-riding disciplines. Or, you can also take EclipticEnd's advice and find yourself a $1 horse on the market and go for that instead. Just make sure your horse is under... I think it's 20 years. They stop competing in player-hosted competitions at 20... or 21? Was it 22?

Yeash! My memories are failing me recently. -_-
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:22 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:22 pm