Community Forum

The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

Who We Are
The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership is for individuals who breed and love Quarter Horses. Here we will work together to better our breeding programs and produce horses that are exceptional examples of the breed!

What Is A Quarter Horse?
American Quarter Horse, one of the oldest recognized breeds of horses in the United States. The breed originated about the 1660s as a cross between native horses of Spanish origin used by the earliest colonists and English horses imported to Virginia from about 1610. By the late 17th century, these horses were being raced successfully over quarter-mile courses in Rhode Island and Virginia, and hence received the name Quarter Horses.

In the early 19th century, Quarter Horses were overshadowed by Thoroughbreds, which ran better over longer distances. But Quarter Horses soon found a new acceptance in the western and southwestern United States as stock horses. The breed’s inherent quickness and agility made it ideally suited to the tasks of the developing frontier. Its good-natured disposition and natural cow-sense made the American Quarter Horse a favourite mount among cowboys during the open-range era of the West.

Modern American Quarter Horses are short and stocky, with heavy muscular development; short, wide heads; and deep, broad chests. Since these horses are used to cut cattle from herds, fast starting, turning, and stopping ability and speed for short distances are essential qualities. Their colours are variable, but all are solid. They have a calm, cooperative temperament.

Rules
-Be kind!
-Participate
...that's about it :D

Horse Standards:

STANCE -The American Quarter Horse normally stands at ease with his legs well under him, which explains his ability to move quickly in any direction.

HEAD -The head of an American Quarter Horse reflects alert intelligence. He has a short, broad head topped by small ears, and short muzzle. Well-defined jowls give off an impression of strength.

NECK - The medium length, slightly arched, full neck blends into sloping shoulders.

SHOULDERS -The American Quarter Horse’s good saddle back is created by medium-high distinct withers, extending back and combining with deep sloping shoulders.

CHEST- The American Quarter Horse is deep and broad chested.

BACK -The short back of the American Quarter Horse is full and powerful across the kidneys. The barrel is formed by deep, well-sprung ribs, which extend to the hip joints. The underline, or abdominal area, should rise cleanly to the flank.

HIND QUARTERS -The hindquarters are broad, deep and muscled fully through the thigh, stifle and gaskin down to the hock. The thickly muscled hind legs indicate the American Quarter Horse’s great power and speed.

COAT- All solid colors allowed, with white markings on face and legs permissible.

Member Application Form:
(Please Private Message Application)
-
Do you breed Quarter Horses? y/n
-Are you interested in working with group members towards bettering the breed in HWO, and producing horses with nice conformation and high performance? y/n
-Do you agree that as a part of this breeding partnership, you will open your breeding program to other members so we can all work together to achieve the goal of breeding beautiful Quarter Horses? This also means making studs available at reasonable prices for members. y/n

Members:
Founding Members-
StallionLover
emuhzee
melanta

Club Members-
H0rsey
Dakotamccurley7
alaskabarrelracer
goldenbay
Delboiz4ever(HorzeCollector003)
Katy_Kanes
Spottedleaf10
Star_Equestrian
Last edited by StallionLover on Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 20 times in total.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Re: The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

Post by StallionLover »

QHBP Announcements
Announcements go here
1/29/2020- Once we have a few members join, I would like to do a monthly check-in where members share their latest accomplishments! This will also help to keep track of active members.
Last edited by StallionLover on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership Official Studbook

Stud Standards
-Must have at least 3* Quarter Horse Eval score
-Must have at least 3 correct distinguishing Quarter Horse features from the above horse standards (ie Short face, thick jowls, small ears, powerful hindquarters, etc)
-Preferably proven and championed in at least one discipline
-Minimal white body markings (White on face and legs permissible).

Stud Registry Form:
(Please Private Message Form)
Does this horse follow the posted Standards? y/n
How much is the stud cost?
Is this stud available to HWO members outside of this group?

Studs:

SL Fall

Eval: 4*
Speed- 37
Strength- 26
Stamina- 27
Balance- 31
Movement- 23
Agility- 39
Tempo- 37
Cost: $3000
AMO: YES

SL Relic

Speed- 39
Strength- 36
Stamina- 31
Balance- 33
Movement- 29
Agility- 39
Tempo- 43
Cost: $4000
AMO: YES

Triple CH.➸ Sweet Hollywood

Speed- 21
Strength- 26
Stamina- 34
Balance- 44
Movement- 36
Agility- 52
Tempo- 33
Cost: $10,000
AMO: No

➸ Hollywood Dreams

Speed- 20
Strength- 13
Stamina- 27
Balance- 41
Movement- 29
Agility- 36
Tempo- 42
Cost: $10,000

CH.-Bar K- The Town Legend

Speed- 27
Strength- 27
Stamina- 45
Balance- 41
Movement- 40
Agility- 42
Tempo- 36
Cost: $5,000

CH.-Bar K- Ima Stellar Story

Eval: 5*
Speed- 31
Strength- 27
Stamina- 31
Balance- 26
Movement- 44
Agility- 38
Tempo- 27
Cost: $15,000

Multi CH.-Bar K- Perfect Sunset

Eval: 5*
Speed- 26
Strength- 25
Stamina- 38
Balance- 28
Movement- 28
Agility- 44
Tempo- 34
Cost: $15,000

Multi CH.{RRS} Hollywood Eclipse

Eval: 3*
Speed- 30
Strength- 20
Stamina- 29
Balance- 30
Movement- 42
Agility- 50
Tempo- 25
Cost: $5,000
AMO: Yes
Last edited by StallionLover on Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 38 times in total.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

Hall Of Fame

Have a horse you bred that you are proud of? Whether it's their conformation, stats, or performance, show them off here!

Horse application:
Horse name:
Owner's name:
Tell us why are you proud of this horse:

-Bar K- Hollywood Natural Superstar
The face of QHBR, and the most beautiful Quarter Horse I ever had the honor of producing. Named after my friend's breathtaking Quarter Horse IRL of whom he was identical!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
May he live on through his beautiful offspring <3
Last edited by StallionLover on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

Sales List

Horses available for sale will be listed here! If you would like to post a horse for sale fill out the form below, and be sure to post it as private sale ONLY if it is only available to group members! [/color]

Horse's name:
Link to Horse:
Price:
Private sale?:

-Bar K- Legendary Rise Of The Titan

Price: $5,000
Private Sale: No
Last edited by StallionLover on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 42 times in total.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

space holder
melanta
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

StallionLover wrote:ping
emuhzee wrote:ping
Hello! Thanks a lot for making the thread (:

As I can see, RenegadePegasus really took time to make that introduction, and I suppose you also made some edits already... Thank you guys.
So I just wanted to bring up some points for discussion.

1) The picture
The stallion on the photo is really gorgeous tbh :D I just wonder whether we need the image to be so large? Because the top post is probably going to be long, and we may want to reduce the amount of scrolling for the guests/members... I also suppose that it will look a bit better in a smaller size in terms of quality.

2) What Is a Quarter Horse?
This one is really for discussion, I don't know for sure... I know giving info about the breed in the top post is kind of a rule, although not everyone follows it. On the one hand, I like this description — it's concise and straight-to-the-point. On the other hand, it depends on the length of the first post whether we want to have it like this or just list some links. That way we still provide information but save space.

3) Horse Standards - Evaluation 4* or 5*
Not sure what is meant here. The horse must be 4 or 5 for being registered in the Partnership? Presented as a stud? Guess this one needs a little more clarification (:

Conformation Standards
Hmm, I am certainly not against establishing conformation ideals/goals. (I need to work on them...)
It's just that am concerned about the connection between the real-world and HWO standards. For example, there could be little dispute about such point as short head or round hindquarters — these are quite clear. But some points could be vague or disputable, like stance, leg muscles and so on... There is also the question about how it is applicable to the game's possibilities (:
(And, on the second thought, there may potentially be players who breed QHs for racing, for example. And for racing long muzzles, long necks and less body size are preferable... Although in reality the length of the head has no to little effect on the horse's speed, on HWO it does make a difference competition-wise).

I really don't have a clear opinion about this one yet. For me, I guess it's the question about how strictly we want to connect it to the Partnership's goals or membership. And that leads me to the next point below...

4) Member Application Form
Do you try to follow or agree to start working towards following the standards posted as closely as possible in your breeding program? y/n
The question here is, if a player responds "no" (for example) to this question but is still willing to provide studs and whatever help for other members, should we dismiss their application? (:

Personally, I think we shouldn't. At least until we can really see where the Partnership goes.
That person's help may still be valuable and important for other members even if their goals/results do not coincide completely with these standards.

These are just my thoughts, I am in no way trying to push them. I would love to hear your opinions on these.

Also, StallionLover, if you need any help with writing and formatting, be sure to let me know! It must be time-consuming to make all these posts on your own, and I don't want to be just saying things and not making any contribution.
If needed, don't hesitate to send me the code/contents of the top posts for edits/additions, and I then will send it back to you. Also, if we have any further posts to write, I will be happy to help (:
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

melanta wrote:
StallionLover wrote:ping
emuhzee wrote:ping
Hello! Thanks a lot for making the thread (:

As I can see, RenegadePegasus really took time to make that introduction, and I suppose you also made some edits already... Thank you guys.
So I just wanted to bring up some points for discussion.

1) The picture
The stallion on the photo is really gorgeous tbh :D I just wonder whether we need the image to be so large? Because the top post is probably going to be long, and we may want to reduce the amount of scrolling for the guests/members... I also suppose that it will look a bit better in a smaller size in terms of quality.

2) What Is a Quarter Horse?
This one is really for discussion, I don't know for sure... I know giving info about the breed in the top post is kind of a rule, although not everyone follows it. On the one hand, I like this description — it's concise and straight-to-the-point. On the other hand, it depends on the length of the first post whether we want to have it like this or just list some links. That way we still provide information but save space.

3) Horse Standards - Evaluation 4* or 5*
Not sure what is meant here. The horse must be 4 or 5 for being registered in the Partnership? Presented as a stud? Guess this one needs a little more clarification (:

Conformation Standards
Hmm, I am certainly not against establishing conformation ideals/goals. (I need to work on them...)
It's just that am concerned about the connection between the real-world and HWO standards. For example, there could be little dispute about such point as short head or round hindquarters — these are quite clear. But some points could be vague or disputable, like stance, leg muscles and so on... There is also the question about how it is applicable to the game's possibilities (:
(And, on the second thought, there may potentially be players who breed QHs for racing, for example. And for racing long muzzles, long necks and less body size are preferable... Although in reality the length of the head has no to little effect on the horse's speed, on HWO it does make a difference competition-wise).

I really don't have a clear opinion about this one yet. For me, I guess it's the question about how strictly we want to connect it to the Partnership's goals or membership. And that leads me to the next point below...

4) Member Application Form
Do you try to follow or agree to start working towards following the standards posted as closely as possible in your breeding program? y/n
The question here is, if a player responds "no" (for example) to this question but is still willing to provide studs and whatever help for other members, should we dismiss their application? (:

Personally, I think we shouldn't. At least until we can really see where the Partnership goes.
That person's help may still be valuable and important for other members even if their goals/results do not coincide completely with these standards.

These are just my thoughts, I am in no way trying to push them. I would love to hear your opinions on these.

Also, StallionLover, if you need any help with writing and formatting, be sure to let me know! It must be time-consuming to make all these posts on your own, and I don't want to be just saying things and not making any contribution.
If needed, don't hesitate to send me the code/contents of the top posts for edits/additions, and I then will send it back to you. Also, if we have any further posts to write, I will be happy to help (:
Take a look at the edited posts and let me know what you think!
melanta
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

Yep, looks good to me (: Thanks!

Also, I won't submit Samson for stud, as his evaluation isn't the best, but to just let those interested know — I'll put him up for stud for 5,000$ for members only. Just ping me or send a message.

Aaaand, taking this opportuniry, wanted to share some news (:
I've got my first foal out of Samson:
SL Samson's Goldstone

She has 62k HGP and some decent stats. What's even more important, she's the first horse I got so close to purebred: 99% HQ. Her QH evaluation is also a bit better.
Hopefully, I'll get my horses to purebred soon without losing any good qualities.

I also have another foal on the way from a different mare, we'll see about it (:

Update: Just had the second foal, veeery pleased with him.
SL Relic

His is 4*, finally (although he is still 10% Arabian...)! 64k HGP and 4 gold stats. Can't wait to see him grown up.
Definitely having another foal from this mare. I had my doubts about her but it turned out well.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

melanta wrote:Yep, looks good to me (: Thanks!

Also, I won't submit Samson for stud, as his evaluation isn't the best, but to just let those interested know — I'll put him up for stud for 5,000$ for members only. Just ping me or send a message.

Aaaand, taking this opportuniry, wanted to share some news (:
I've got my first foal out of Samson:
SL Samson's Goldstone

She has 62k HGP and some decent stats. What's even more important, she's the first horse I got so close to purebred: 99% HQ. Her QH evaluation is also a bit better.
Hopefully, I'll get my horses to purebred soon without losing any good qualities.

I also have another foal on the way from a different mare, we'll see about it (:

Update: Just had the second foal, veeery pleased with him.
SL Relic

His is 4*, finally (although he is still 10% Arabian...)! 64k HGP and 4 gold stats. Can't wait to see him grown up.
Definitely having another foal from this mare. I had my doubts about her but it turned out well.
Congratulations! Beautiful foals <3!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 10:18 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:18 am