The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by horsesfurever »

Wingless Flight wrote:
horsesfurever wrote: You're in!
We could probably factor conformation into our requirements for registration and studs, once they're up and running. We already have a "type" set up, so all that would need to be added is ideal stat totals and an approximate place on the scale when it comes to the individual features.
Great! :D

Its really tough deciding by oneself where the ideals on the scales are (and of course some of them vary horse to horse) so it would be nice to have the opinion of someone that has a better eye for horses than me so I can learn a bit more.
I was running into about the same problem with my other breeding projects before I went inactive. I tend to focus on extremes in order to get the trait fully introduced to my herd, but when it boils down to the specifics, I'm kind of all over the place! :lol: I'm planning on polling the rest of the group to figure out ranges to aim for in specific traits so that we are all on the same page.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Chips wrote:I’d like to help.
User: Chips
Side accounts: Chips2
# of RABA Arabs: none yet, but I want this to be a small project. I had some, but a tall Arab ruined the whole line so I sold them. (And the darned graying Gene)
Rules: I agree.
Trade: yes. I will trade.
Breed: yes. I will. I’ll sell any horses that don’t meet the standards
Questions: I’m breeding race horses rn, so is it ok to focus on two projects? I can do both
As long as you're fine with tackling two projects at once, I'm fine with it. :D I'll add you to the list!
Xzeina
Visit My Farm

Post by Xzeina »

Not to hijack this forum, but would someone here take a look at the 4-year-old picture on this Arabian and tell me if he would meet the standards for which you peoples are breeding for? I'm just curious.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2742163
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

Xzeina wrote:Not to hijack this forum, but would someone here take a look at the 4-year-old picture on this Arabian and tell me if he would meet the standards for which you peoples are breeding for? I'm just curious.
All I can say is heck no. He has a graying gene, so all his goals have a chance of loosing there color slowly. First his face, then his whole body.
Xzeina
Visit My Farm

Post by Xzeina »

Chips wrote:
Xzeina wrote:Not to hijack this forum, but would someone here take a look at the 4-year-old picture on this Arabian and tell me if he would meet the standards for which you peoples are breeding for? I'm just curious.
All I can say is heck no. He has a graying gene, so all his goals have a chance of losing their color slowly. First his face, then his whole body.
Why does the graying gene matter? I know quite a few pureblooded Arabians that are gray IRL.
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

Xzeina wrote:
Chips wrote:
All I can say is heck no. He has a graying gene, so all his goals have a chance of losing their color slowly. First his face, then his whole body.
Why does the graying gene matter? I know quite a few pureblooded Arabians that are gray IRL.
hi. My cousin said that. This is my account now. I don’t know to much, but she showed me one who did from the ac center and told me not to breed them because the foal could be a pretty color and then be ruined if there gray. Apparently her foals had gray and she sold them. Maybe I still have one
Xzeina
Visit My Farm

Post by Xzeina »

Chips wrote:
Xzeina wrote: Why does the graying gene matter? I know quite a few pureblooded Arabians that are gray IRL.
hi. My cousin said that. This is my account now. I don’t know too much, but she showed me one who did from the ac center and told me not to breed them because the foal could be a pretty color and then be ruined if there gray. Apparently, her foals had gray and she sold them. Maybe I still have one
I just don't understand why/how my horse having a graying gene would goad a "heck no" to the question of whether or not the horse has a good/realistic Arabian form/body/image.
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

Xzeina wrote:
Chips wrote: hi. My cousin said that. This is my account now. I don’t know too much, but she showed me one who did from the ac center and told me not to breed them because the foal could be a pretty color and then be ruined if there gray. Apparently, her foals had gray and she sold them. Maybe I still have one
I just don't understand why/how my horse having a graying gene would goad a "heck no" to the question of whether or not the horse has a good/realistic Arabian form/body/image.
Hi this is Chips. Sorry. My cousin doesn’t know much so she asked for help. So it has a good body, but I don’t know about that gene. If you like, I can try breeding it with one of my Arabs and if the gene appears I can breed it out eventually and use the foals for breeding.
Xzeina
Visit My Farm

Post by Xzeina »

Chips wrote:
Xzeina wrote: I just don't understand why/how my horse having a graying gene would goad a "heck no" to the question of whether or not the horse has a good/realistic Arabian form/body/image.
Hi, this is Chips. Sorry. My cousin doesn’t know much so she asked for help. So it has a good body, but I don’t know about that gene. If you like, I can try breeding it with one of my Arabs and if the gene appears I can breed it out eventually and use the foals for breeding.
If you would like to try that I'd be willing to place him as up for stud.
Aurelia
Visit My Farm

Post by Aurelia »

Xzeina wrote:
Chips wrote: Hi, this is Chips. Sorry. My cousin doesn’t know much so she asked for help. So it has a good body, but I don’t know about that gene. If you like, I can try breeding it with one of my Arabs and if the gene appears I can breed it out eventually and use the foals for breeding.
If you would like to try that I'd be willing to place him as up for stud.
hi. I can. But lemme see where my Arab is. I think Chips left him on my side account.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 am