The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

The Kustanai Racing Club

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: The Kustanai Racing Club

Post by Stormchase Stables »

KYTrainer wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Of course, I'll put her up now. Just offer $1.. and I would highly recommend only looking in those two pastures on my farm and not getting sidetracked because even I get lost! I tried sorting things out on my farm but it's still as messy as ever :oops:
Do you have any Kazakhs I could breed the mare to?
Unfortunately I only have the one purebred mare, I have a few crosses but they're not old enough yet. I'm working on making a pure Kazakh to make this project easier, but it'll take a while..
I also bred the two crosses together (I found a TB x AT mare on the market that was already old enough to breed, and I have the Kazakh x Russian Don colt already), so fingers crossed the foal's a Kustanai!
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
KYTrainer wrote: Do you have any Kazakhs I could breed the mare to?
Unfortunately I only have the one purebred mare, I have a few crosses but they're not old enough yet. I'm working on making a pure Kazakh to make this project easier, but it'll take a while..
I also bred the two crosses together (I found a TB x AT mare on the market that was already old enough to breed, and I have the Kazakh x Russian Don colt already), so fingers crossed the foal's a Kustanai!
Ooh fingers crossed! Could I breedd to the Kazakh x Russian Don stallion? a 75% Russian don x Kazakh will still work :D
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

KYTrainer wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Unfortunately I only have the one purebred mare, I have a few crosses but they're not old enough yet. I'm working on making a pure Kazakh to make this project easier, but it'll take a while..
Ooh fingers crossed! Could I breedd to the Kazakh x Russian Don stallion? a 75% Russian don x Kazakh will still work :D
Sure, here he is:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2762064
I'll put him up when you reply!
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
KYTrainer wrote: Ooh fingers crossed! Could I breedd to the Kazakh x Russian Don stallion? a 75% Russian don x Kazakh will still work :D
Sure, here he is:
Perfect, I'm ready :)
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

KYTrainer wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Sure, here he is:
Perfect, I'm ready :)
He's up!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Update!

I've been gone for a while due to my classes giving us an ungodly amount of work. I'm seeing a trend where I leave for months at a time and then return for a week or two playing almost every hour of the day. I'm not sure that's healthy but oh well.

Regarding Kustanais, I've bred all the crosses and I kept on getting Grades, until this guy.

First Kustanai I've bred

With 50 speed, I think I'm definitely on the right track to achieving Kustanai racers at the same level as my current TB racers. I have a few spare Russian Dons and crossbreeds so if anybody else needs a breeding I'd be glad to help.

Once I have a more stable line, I'll host a lvl 10 Racing competition for Kustanais only with a few million in prize money, hopefully that'll encourage people to revive the breed :)
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Update once again..

Unfortunately, being the scatterbrained person I am, I accidentally rehomed Ignis, who was the first Kustanai I bred!
Oops. Luckily I've now got a stable line with multiple foals on the way and already here, going into third generation Kustanais. I still was in shock for a few minutes, though :lol:
Oh well, things like that happen from time to time. I'm just mad that he had the best speed out of all of my Kustanais so far, and I took the time to train him.

In other news, I sold a pure Kustanai colt to another player and I hope that from there the breed will take off. I already have planned a pretty big multi-million Kustanai-only competition, but now I've just got to wait for there to be more of them.

Now the issue is lowering COI and raising stats.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

UPDATE
Well, it's been over a year since I've played, but it looks like I managed to breed a few Kustanais before my hiatus. That made coming back much easier for me because now all I had to do was work on conformation, instead of breeding from scratch :mrgreen: .
I now have a solid stock of Kustanais, and here are their averages (as I've noticed):

Average Conformation - 44 speed, 22 strength, 24 stamina, 30 balance, 30 movement, 20 agility, 30 tempo

Average Appearance - Dunskin, bay, and black seem to be the most prevalent colors. Medium to long manes, very light build, short-ish faces, downhill build.

Average Height & Temperament - Rather short; average height seems to be around 14hh. Luckily, most of the foals are born non-bombproof.

I think I'm pretty on-track to breeding a Kustanai that will be able to hold its ground in a racing competition. I've managed to breed one 60 speed colt, but unfortunately he has measly strength and stamina. I've also got this guy right here:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3583873
He doesn't have a stellar conformation per se, but compared to his predecessors (20 speeds), and with the little time I've spent back online, I think he deserved to be trained up :P .
He's quite pretty and dainty, isn't he? Always loved a nice bay.

Anyway, I think I'm the only player actively breeding Kustanais right now, but I'm still extending my invitation to anyone to partner up. I'll provide free studdings to https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3583258 and might even give away a mare or two for free. All you need to be is active and motivated!
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyTummy »

Stormchase Stables wrote:UPDATE
Well, it's been over a year since I've played, but it looks like I managed to breed a few Kustanais before my hiatus. That made coming back much easier for me because now all I had to do was work on conformation, instead of breeding from scratch :mrgreen: .
I now have a solid stock of Kustanais, and here are their averages (as I've noticed):

Average Conformation - 44 speed, 22 strength, 24 stamina, 30 balance, 30 movement, 20 agility, 30 tempo

Average Appearance - Dunskin, bay, and black seem to be the most prevalent colors. Medium to long manes, very light build, short-ish faces, downhill build.

Average Height & Temperament - Rather short; average height seems to be around 14hh. Luckily, most of the foals are born non-bombproof.

I think I'm pretty on-track to breeding a Kustanai that will be able to hold its ground in a racing competition. I've managed to breed one 60 speed colt, but unfortunately he has measly strength and stamina. I've also got this guy right here:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3583873
He doesn't have a stellar conformation per se, but compared to his predecessors (20 speeds), and with the little time I've spent back online, I think he deserved to be trained up :P .
He's quite pretty and dainty, isn't he? Always loved a nice bay.

Anyway, I think I'm the only player actively breeding Kustanais right now, but I'm still extending my invitation to anyone to partner up. I'll provide free studdings to https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3583258 and might even give away a mare or two for free. All you need to be is active and motivated!
Hi! I've never bred a Kustanai before and i've never tried :lol: But! I'm always up to breeding rarer breeds! I want to try to breed some Kustanais and i was wondering if you could give me some tips :)

Once i start a project i like to organise and see if this breed is actually possible :lol: I see the breeding recipe for the Kustanai is [ Russian Don x Kazakh ] x [ Akhal-Teke x Thoroughbred ] I started off with the Russian Don x Kazakh and i found this mare is the shop:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3547431
There was 2 but this one had the better HGP.

For the Kazakh i decided to find a stud for the mare and that's when i found this guy which was the better of the couple that were in the market for stud
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2323387

Now just that's left is the TB X Akhal-Teke. Easy Peasy Lemon-Squisy
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3465550
I actually had to scroll 14 pages to find him but it's just what you do even for common breeds :lol:

What-you think? :lol: I'm also a quite active player so you won't have to worry about that :D And welcome back to HWO!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

RummyTummy wrote:
Hi! I've never bred a Kustanai before and i've never tried :lol: But! I'm always up to breeding rarer breeds! I want to try to breed some Kustanais and i was wondering if you could give me some tips :)

Once i start a project i like to organise and see if this breed is actually possible :lol: I see the breeding recipe for the Kustanai is [ Russian Don x Kazakh ] x [ Akhal-Teke x Thoroughbred ] I started off with the Russian Don x Kazakh and i found this mare is the shop:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3547431
There was 2 but this one had the better HGP.

For the Kazakh i decided to find a stud for the mare and that's when i found this guy which was the better of the couple that were in the market for stud
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2323387

Now just that's left is the TB X Akhal-Teke. Easy Peasy Lemon-Squisy
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3465550
I actually had to scroll 14 pages to find him but it's just what you do even for common breeds :lol:

What-you think? :lol: I'm also a quite active player so you won't have to worry about that :D And welcome back to HWO!
There's always a first time for everything and I'm glad you're interested in the Kustanai :D . You're absolutely right, organization is indeed key. Looks like you got quite lucky with the horses you've found on the market but if there's another out there that you need I'd be happy to fund it.

The Kustanai was a bit of a struggle at first; I got Grades for quite a while. However, I'd also be willing to give you a Kustanai stallion for free that you can breed into your lines. As you might have noticed from the title of this Breeding Club, I'm focusing on racehorse-builds and conformations, so my horses are already headed in that direction. That does bring down the evaluation a bit, as they have very light builds and body types. The only conditions are that you don't resell him (if you don't want him anymore, please let me know so that I can buy him back) nor put him up for stud, and that you use him well!

Would you like me to add you to the registry here?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:37 am