The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

⚔ℜ⚔ - American Saddlebreds

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Retsi
Visit My Farm

⚔ℜ⚔ - American Saddlebreds

Post by Retsi »

Retsi's American Saddlebreds
My American Saddlebreds will eventually be developed into (hopefully) decent racehorses. Below are my current guidelines and some additional information if you're interested in watching this project!
1. Between 14.3 and 17.3 hands
2. Only spotted leopard pattern horses are kept. Absolutely no snowcap, at this time. Tobiano may be introduced later.
3. 60+ speed, 30+ strength, 40+ stamina (by end of project... working on it)
4. All colors accepted, personally not a fan of champagne - will most likely rehome all champagnes, grays, duns, or colors I feel may be overbearing in breeding
5. 60k+ genetic potential. Aiming for 65k+
Current Top Studs
None yet!
Quick Q&A
Q. Are you accepting breeding partners?
A. At this time, no. I prefer to work alone at my own pace
Q. Are your horses for sale or stud?
A. No, my rare breed lines are completely private for now. I may give one as a gift, otherwise I am not interested.
Q. Will you do other rare breeds?
A. I will be doing Missouri Fox Trotters, Paso Finos, and National Show Horses in the future.
Please do not comment on this forum about unrelated topics. Private message, ping elsewhere, or catch me in chat.
⋆ℜ⋆ Roaring River Equestrian ⋆ℜ⋆
Retsi
Visit My Farm

Re: ⚔ℜ⚔ - American Saddlebreds

Post by Retsi »

As of January 13th, 2021 I am experiencing a spike in speed, strength, and stamina. Horses are currently above 65% pure, did get some purebreds but nothing I wanted to keep. Horses in the 70 percent range are coming along nicely. Did have an issue with horses breaching 18 hands, retired all mature horses above 17.3, seemed to curb the issue.
:mrgreen:
Retsi
Visit My Farm

Post by Retsi »

Moving into 75-90% pure, massive spike in strength (above 35) and stamina (above 50). Seeing some purebreds soon? Perhaps...
Retsi
Visit My Farm

Post by Retsi »

After over 12 generations, the first 98% American Saddlebred is born with stats above 50/30/40. Percentages above 80 on broodmares. Trying to get speed above 60 consistently. Has been difficult to keep high considering the only purebred stallions used are all below 40 speed. Very complex and still far from completion
YixingLao
Visit My Farm

Post by YixingLao »

Are stamina spikes normal? I'm not breeding for competitive so I'm not sure about the specifics but a saddlebred of mine gained unnecessary stamina but then it's back to normal. I think it's a bug. thanks
Retsi
Visit My Farm

Post by Retsi »

YixingLao wrote:Are stamina spikes normal? I'm not breeding for competitive so I'm not sure about the specifics but a saddlebred of mine gained unnecessary stamina but then it's back to normal. I think it's a bug. thanks
Sometimes you may experience an usually high gene stat, that's random and likely the foals of this horse will not reflect the spike at all. If you notice the horse has a high stat say, in stamina, but it has only green or no highlighted stamina in the breeder's report, it's likely that your horse will poorly perform if you try to compete or breed it with this stat. The breeders report reflects the natural talent of your horse, and it's genetics, whether they're good (gold) or bad (red). If your horse's breeders report comment does not seem to correlate with the stat - then yes, you have a "false" stat. Spikes are normal, it's how you improve your horses, just be wary of the "false" stats and always review the breeder's report
YixingLao
Visit My Farm

Post by YixingLao »

Needed this. thank you so much retsi
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 am