Community Forum

Better Tarpan Troop (BTT) || Open

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Better Tarpan Troop (BTT) || Open

Post by EclipticEnd »

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Presenting the BTT
Better Tarpan Troop
Created by EclipticEnd
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Tarpans are one of the beginning breeds of the game, with a specialty for Tempo and... well, not a lot else. With a 1/3 rating in Speed, Strength, Movement, and Agility (4 of the 8 stats in the game), they're not the best horse to show purely because they're lacking in so many areas. Due to this, they have lingered in the 30k-40k HGP range without obvious public improvement for a long while.

However, Tarpans are important recipe horses for a myriad of popular breeds such as Mongolians, Trakehners, and Exmoor Ponies. Their low baseline stats are negatively impacting breeds created with them.

We're looking to improve Tarpans not only as a breed, but also to help improve connected breeds like those named above. This isn't an intensely serious group; this is casually improving a breed that we're drawn to, be it the Tarpans themselves or others.

You don't have to be invested in breeding Tarpans to be part of this group; you can join without any interest in them as a paid trainer, champer, or just someone who happens to have a Tarpan stud that they want to share.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

There are various tiers of membership depending on what you want to do. You can apply for multiple membership tiers based on your preferences, but the Leadership tier requires previous time within the club. I (EclipticEnd) will be part of each tier until more spots are filled.

Each applicant is welcome to donate to the club, be it via money or horses. There's a spot dedicated to that in the application. This is optional, not a requirement. Please don't feel as though it's necessary. You do not have to be part of the club to donate, and you can donate at any time no matter if you're a member or not.

═════════════════════════════════════
Tier 1: Leadership
Leaders help organize the club and registry, approve or deny applications, create contests, etc. Leaders have a clear understanding of club rules, and have to have been part of another tier before applying for this one.

Current Leaders:
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier 2: Treasury
Treasurers help allocate and pass around funds for those who require them. Those found abusing the group's funds will be blacklisted from the club.

Current Treasurers:
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier 3: Training
Trainers do as their title says. If a member has a horse that needs trained, then they can ask any of these trainers to take on the horse.

Trainers don't have to necessarily be invested in the club; if you're looking to be paid well for an occasional side horse to train, then you can apply here.

Trainers will be required to train a horse within a maximum of 4 years of age and within the timeframe of one week. Applicants will be expected to link a horse that they've trained along with the time it took to do so. If you're unsure of the IRL days but know it took less than a week, just note that.

They are allocated the following payment from club funds: 50k per horse and an additional 10k for every day less than a week that it takes for the horse to be trained. This means the maximum pay possible (1 horse trained in less than a day) is 120k.

Current Trainers:
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier 4: Showing
Showmen are those who take trained horses and enter then in shows, not necessarily to Champ them, but moreso to check how well they compete and how much heart they have for competing.

Each horse will be expected to have been entered into Cross Country in order to more accurately check the horse's capabilities. Cross Country seems to be a pretty good discipline for Tarpans. Once done, you can transfer the horse back to the breeder.

The breeder can specify how many starts they want for the horse. Starts are the number of entries into shows. The breeder can also specify which disciplines. I'd recommend at least 30 starts in each discipline.

Showmen will be paid a flat salary of 50k per horse regardless of starts and disciplines; this should cover all expenses and leave pay left over. If it's a rather large list, feel free to ask for more.

Current Showmen:
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey

Tier 5: Breeding
I'm expecting a majority of members to be within this tier. Breeders are those who are actively breeding Tarpans or else offering Tarpan studs for use of other club members. You don't have to personally breed them so long as you have a stud to offer. Both breeding and studding fall under this tier.

Breeders will be allotted funds as required to help their herds grow. Those only offering studs will receive funds as stud fees, and won't receive additional funds unless it's to purchase more Tarpans for group usage or something of the sort.

Current Breeders:
EclipticEnd / FrozenKey
Hilayla / Hilayla2
ropeacowboy
Earienlasgalen

Offering Studs:
AltNazarach

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Rules:
Members are required to follow these simple rules:

Have patience with other members.
Offer all members a degree of respect.
Help when needed.
Do not abuse club funds.
Return horses that are loaned to you.
Do not spam this forum with non-club chatter.
This is very casual. Please don't be overly competitive.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Application Form:
Please do not quote this message. All leaders will be subscribed to this topic and will be alerted as soon as you post.

Code: Select all

[b]Username(s):[/b] 
[b]Membership Tier(s):[/b] 
[b]Proof of Training:[/b] (If Applicable)
[b]Have You Read The Rules?:[/b] 
[b]Donation To Club Funds?:[/b] (Optional)
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:48 am, edited 15 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Club Funds

Post by EclipticEnd »

Club Funds
Treasury And Delegation
Treasurers: EclipticEnd

Current Funds:
$1,000,000

$1,000,000 In Care Of EclipticEnd

════════

Donation Log:

$1,000,000 from EclipticEnd

[quote="The Main Post"]Each applicant is welcome to donate to the club, be it via money or horses. There's a spot dedicated to that in the application. This is optional, not a requirement. Please don't feel as though it's necessary. You do not have to be part of the club to donate, and you can donate at any time no matter if you're a member or not.[/quote]

════════

Salaries:

Leaders:
N/A

Trainers:
50k per horse + (70k - (10k * Full Days Before Fully Trained))
Maximum Possible: 120k Per Horse.
Minimum Possible: 50k Per horse.

Showmen:
50k per Horse

Breeders:
Case by case basis.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:14 am, edited 18 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Training List

Post by EclipticEnd »

Training List
List of Trained / In Training Horses
Trainers: EclipticEnd

Breeders can either directly ask listed trainers for training or they can ping me and I'll post their horse here.

Trainers can take on the horses when they have time. They will be paid via the formula on the Salary post.

════════

Horses That Currently Need Training:
Please make sure your horse is up for offers and ready to be transferred to a trainer.
Horse Name
URL

Being Trained:
Remember to finish training the horses within one week at most.
Horse Name
URL || Starting Age + Date

Done Training, Pickup Needed:
Please make sure your horse is up for offers and ready to be transferred to a Treasurer for payment.
Horse Name
URL || Starting Age + Date || Finished Age + Date || Amount of Payment to be Given
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:19 am, edited 12 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Show List

Post by EclipticEnd »

Show List
List of Showed Horses / Being Shown
Showmen: EclipticEnd

When a breeder wants to test their horse for heart, they come here! Showmen take the horse, enter it in however many starts and disciplines the breeder wants, and then get paid.

Payment is 50k per horse unless the list of starts and disciplines is extensive, in which pay can be raised.

════════

Currently Need Tested:
Horse Name
URL

Being Tested:
Horse Name
URL || Showman Name

Done Testing, Pickup Needed:
Horse Name
URL || Showman Name
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:26 am, edited 13 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Breeding Guidelines and Progress

Post by EclipticEnd »

Breeding Guidelines, Studs, and Progress
List of Breeders and Achievements
Also studs possibly.

Guidelines:
Do as you will with your horses. This club's looking for HGP over 40k, but sometimes progression takes time and you can start wherever you want.

There's a variety of ways to increase HGP and stats. One way is cross breeding, then breeding to pure. Another way is breeding two parents, then replacing one with a foal and introducing a new mare/stud to keep COI down. If you don't care about COI, then linebreeding may be an option.

I'd prefer if horses in this club have lower COI (below 50%), but it's also not a requirement.

Additionally, if you're not looking to do breeding yourself but have a stud, you can join and list your horse for club and/or public usage.

════════

Stud Owners:
Players who are offering studs will be listed here.

AltNazarach
════════

Achievements:
Ping me with any achievements you get, be it HGP, a conformation, a color, etc. I'll put them here!
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:49 am, edited 13 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Club Events

Post by EclipticEnd »

Club Events
Contests, Shows, Etc.
From The Club Community

Contests:

Contest Name || Brought To You By: Username
Description Here

════════

Competitions:

Competition Name
Discipline || Level
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Reserved

Post by EclipticEnd »

Reserved.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Better Tarpan Troop (BTT) || Open

Post by Hilayla »

I am always breeding Tarpans. I'm currently evaluating and reorganizing my farms but I'm happy to help out with studs/reverse breedings or whatever on the breeding on. I also have a level 6 Cross Country show running on a recurring basis for them which will be upgraded as I gain skill levels. In general my horses only compete with themselves so I don't know where they stand compared to anyone else. I'm currently breeding all my breeds for Cross Country.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hilayla wrote:I am always breeding Tarpans. I'm currently evaluating and reorganizing my farms but I'm happy to help out with studs/reverse breedings or whatever on the breeding on. I also have a level 6 Cross Country show running on a recurring basis for them which will be upgraded as I gain skill levels. In general my horses only compete with themselves so I don't know where they stand compared to anyone else. I'm currently breeding all my breeds for Cross Country.
Fantastic! Would you like me to add your name to any of the tiers in particular? From what I've been told, Tarpans are kind of average/below average at everything when they start out so I've just put down Dressage and Hunter. I can add Cross Country, though.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Just breeder for now is fine. My farms are mess while I move horses around and try organize everything. Breeds are all in their own pastures though. I'm culling pretty much everything over 15 years old. Anything in my retirement or sales is up for grabs. Don't be afraid to make offers. I set prices kinda high but I will always accept lower offers.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am