Community Forum

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by UniqueFarms »

EclipticEnd wrote:I've put her up for offers. I can totally send a 5* your way once I have more, no worries.
Awesome! I will offer on it now. Just let me know when you have a 5* filly, that would be great.
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:ping
EclipticEnd wrote:ping
Opalhorse22 wrote:ping
Hello Treasurers! I was wondering if I could have $20,000 to buy some breed eval books necessary for Byelorssian Harnnes Horse! Here is a colt you can buy (I have no needs for Baladi in my lines) and rehome or use if you want: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3778858

Thanks!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

brightspace16 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:ping
EclipticEnd wrote:ping
Opalhorse22 wrote:ping
Hello Treasurers! I was wondering if I could have $20,000 to buy some breed eval books necessary for Byelorssian Harnnes Horse! Here is a colt you can buy (I have no needs for Baladi in my lines) and rehome or use if you want: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3778858

Thanks!
Done!
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
brightspace16 wrote:

Thanks!
Done!
Awsome!! thank you
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

Good evening everyone apart of the Rare Breed Repopulation Community! Just wanted to put out there that I've successfully bred over 20 Dole foals and am more than glad to transfer some off to others to start breeding some more!

Heres one that I'm more than willingley to transfer-

Check out this barn to see some more of the Doles I've bred- ❖║R•B•R•C║❖ Decorated Barn
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

I have a mature North Swedish Horse mare I'd like to pass over for holding; I don't have any room at all in my freeze account right now and I don't want to age her. I don't think we have any mature North Swedish Horse studs with a good HGP number, so maybe hold off on breeding her for now until we do. I have a 57,125 HGP colt that's almost 2.5 years old so it won't take long before they can be paired up (only 12 turns away!).

Probably the best we can do will be to expand out numbers of Norths and then selectively pick the best ones that're lighter in overall build; Latvians are lighter horse types and Norths are heavier draft types so it's a bit of a difficult change. If nothing else I'll be willing to take a group of them and do some force-breeding with Arabians to get a lighter build, then breed back to pure.

Anyway, she'll be up for offers for a collector to pick her up. I'll be freezing my operations until then.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Updates from me:

I'm working on breeding some higher HGP Forest Horses again. My go-to public studs have been out of energy for a while and I'm thinking they might not get refreshed anytime soon, so I'm working with what I have. I'm hoping to get HGP up around 57k. Over 60k would be ideal, but that'd take a lot of time and effort as I'd probably crossbreed with some 71k Arabians and crossing always takes up time. At the moment all I have are a very old breeding pair that I'm hoping to get foals from (assuming the Mare doesn't pass).

I'm going to be going through my freeze account to free up space again. I'll let you guys know if I have any rarer breeds that I'd like to pass over since this is the one active Rare Breed community as far as I know.

I currently have two North Swedish foals that I'm aging up to mature. One's the aforementioned colt with a great HGP, the other is a less great filly with around 35k HGP whom I'd suggest against breeding due to that number. I'll probably pass both of those over and keep breeding more Norths/Doles/Forests until we have a good herd and everyone has what they need. My one not great North mare that I've kept hasn't produced a Latvian. I'm not expecting her to, though, and I'm mostly just aging her out because her HGP is too low for my standards. I am, admittedly, a perfectionist when it comes to breeding breeds.

Other than that, I'm working on breeding more 5* evals for Norths if I can. It's looking a bit iffy simply because of how numbers are reacting to each other; type and size keep going too high when I breed my 5*s together. I'll give them a few more tries and then give up on that; I want to get some more Norths from them if I can before they retire.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Cinder has reached breeding age! He's up for offers. I hope he does well to help make some great Norths.

Quick edit: I'll probably pass him off to Gabby Woodlark since they're a leader and also have the Mare from earlier; they can do some breeding and hand out Norths as needed or else send them off to someone else to do some breeding.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:-
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Managed to get him into my freeze account and I've put him up for stud with a note that only RBRC members should use him. We'll see how well that goes but hopefully it'll stop newer players from using his energy.
Woodstock
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

EclipticEnd wrote:Updates from me:

I'm working on breeding some higher HGP Forest Horses again. My go-to public studs have been out of energy for a while and I'm thinking they might not get refreshed anytime soon, so I'm working with what I have. I'm hoping to get HGP up around 57k. Over 60k would be ideal, but that'd take a lot of time and effort as I'd probably crossbreed with some 71k Arabians and crossing always takes up time. At the moment all I have are a very old breeding pair that I'm hoping to get foals from (assuming the Mare doesn't pass).
Hi Ecliptic End,
although I am not officially apart of the Rare Breed Repopulation Community I have been keeping a special eye on it due to my past and present interests in various rare breeds.

My most recent project has actually been Dole Gudbrandsdal so as part of that working to improve HGP on the required breeds has been apart of my goals. As such I have some "higher" HGP forest horse stallions and colts that I would be willing to sell and part with. https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/174649 here is the link to the pasture with them. Please let me know if you would like me to put any of them up!

Thanks,
Woodstock.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 2:03 pm

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:03 pm