The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by EclipticEnd »

Not really anything new from me. Still working on fixing up a few good evals for North Swedish. Had to take a break to pass out some contest prizes which took longer than expected. My farm's a mess since I have multiple things going at once that have exceeded their bounds, but I don't want to do any culling so a mess it shall be.

I'll let you guys know once I have a 100% Dole with a good eval.
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

FrozenKey
Visit My Farm

Post by FrozenKey »

One In A Million:
4* = Dole Trotter
3* = Dole Gudbrandsdal, Latvian Harness Horse
2* = North Swedish Horse

Girl Like You:
4* = Dole Trotter, North Swedish Horse
N/A = Dole Gudbrandsdal, Latvian Harness Horse

The filly's super great for North Swedish! The only thing off is she's a bit undersized. I'd suggest using her for North Swedish Horses when she's mature.
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

FrozenKey wrote:
One In A Million:
4* = Dole Trotter
3* = Dole Gudbrandsdal, Latvian Harness Horse
2* = North Swedish Horse

Girl Like You:
4* = Dole Trotter, North Swedish Horse
N/A = Dole Gudbrandsdal, Latvian Harness Horse

The filly's super great for North Swedish! The only thing off is she's a bit undersized. I'd suggest using her for North Swedish Horses when she's mature.
Okay great thank you so much, I already have two pure North Swedish horses but can add her into the program
Gabbys Pets
Visit My Farm

RBRC: Opinions Wanted

Post by Gabbys Pets »

I'm thinking of adding separate threads. Since we all are acting as Breeders, why not have a registry? Or a stud book, etc.

Ideas?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC: Opinions Wanted

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabbys Pets wrote:I'm thinking of adding separate threads. Since we all are acting as Breeders, why not have a registry? Or a stud book, etc.

Ideas?
A stud book could be nice; if we want to try to increase involvement from other players with the breeds that we're making, it could be a good idea to list recipe studs as well that evaluate well towards the specific breeds.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC: Opinions Wanted

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Gabbs wrote:I'm thinking of adding separate threads. Since we all are acting as Breeders, why not have a registry? Or a stud book, etc.

Ideas?
A stud book could be nice; if we want to try to increase involvement from other players with the breeds that we're making, it could be a good idea to list recipe studs as well that evaluate well towards the specific breeds.
That's an awesome idea :0

I'll see what the other members think, then I'll discuss it with the leaders :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
HeartlandFreeze
Visit My Farm

Post by HeartlandFreeze »

i have lots of rare breeds right now and im over populated is anyone interested in taking a few
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Update:

I'm getting close to having some good-to-use Doles! I'm pretty sure I have some 4* foals for both North Swedish Horses and Latvian Harness Horses, I just need them to grow up so that I can keep breeding them back to purebred. The highest percentages are in the 80s at the moment, which means I'll have to breed them once, then their foal once to get to purebred I think; could be another generation after that as well but I'm not sure. HGP's dropped a bit, but it is what it is. I'm not too worried about it right now because if we truly want high HGP then I can do this process again; it's just difficult the first time to get the right evals set for the lines.

As for Forest Horses, I'm trying. Without crossbreeding they're low HGP; I'm trying to find some public stallions that I can boost that with but I'm having next to no luck finding ones that also won't ruin the North Swedish evals I have going. I do have two 4* eval foals, one of each gender.

Will update when the Forest Horses are adults or when I'm at pure Doles.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:Update:

I'm getting close to having some good-to-use Doles! I'm pretty sure I have some 4* foals for both North Swedish Horses and Latvian Harness Horses, I just need them to grow up so that I can keep breeding them back to purebred. The highest percentages are in the 80s at the moment, which means I'll have to breed them once, then their foal once to get to purebred I think; could be another generation after that as well but I'm not sure. HGP's dropped a bit, but it is what it is. I'm not too worried about it right now because if we truly want high HGP then I can do this process again; it's just difficult the first time to get the right evals set for the lines.

As for Forest Horses, I'm trying. Without crossbreeding they're low HGP; I'm trying to find some public stallions that I can boost that with but I'm having next to no luck finding ones that also won't ruin the North Swedish evals I have going. I do have two 4* eval foals, one of each gender.

Will update when the Forest Horses are adults or when I'm at pure Doles.
Awesome, also, Latvians have gone up a ton thanks to a fellow player :0

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 am