Community Forum

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by UniqueFarms »

K's Eventing wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: I vote on the Irish Sport Horse ;)
I second the vote. :)
Awesome! I would be great to getting started right away!
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Hmm...
I told everyone a few months ago that I was leaving the game, and I've only been checking my messages since I'm not supposed to be breeding horses right now.

I would suggest breeding Pottocks, Rhinelanders, or North (or maybe it was South?) German Ponies, as they are some pretty low breeds. Rhinelanders are pretty cool too!

Before I "left" the game, I was breeding a good bit of Doles, but I sold all of them to RBRC members.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

UniqueFarms wrote:Hey! Glad to hear that you’re checking up on the group! I am moving forward with my Gotland project, just stuck a bit on breeding a Konik with a tarpan to get a Gotland. My horses are never in my favor. I don’t think that I will need anything in the near future but I will probably need funding to buy an AC tarpan mare off of the market once the current one I have passes.

I would rather breed my own Konik’s and Gotland’s instead of buying them from people, but I can gladly take some extra if the group gets started on them! I have plans for my own private line, and more of a public line where I will have a couple stallions up for stud incase others are inspired. I can still take some from the RBRC community and start breeding them into my public line.

Kind of getting to the same point, but I would rather give out horses from my public, rather than my private line. Down the road I am planning on making my private line public, but only for close members/friends. Still, I would be more than honored to donate some to the community for everyone to use, and breed with.

Some suggestions for breeds to vote on; Appendix Quarter Horse, Irish Sport Horse, and Galloway. An Appendix Quarter Horse will be very time consuming, so if it comes to that, we are gonna have to work together and be strong.

Some questions; Would the group would work on more than one breed at a time (ex: EclipticEnd would be working on ————, UniqueFarms would be working on ————)?
I get that; I'm the same way with my Tarpans and Mongolians that I'm (so very slowly) working on. Thought I'd check, though!

Breeds will definitely be put to a vote I think. Ideally there'll be a breed specifically for the Challenged breeders that might use similar recipe horses so that it's easier on the Extra Breeders to help out. Then there might be a breed line for the normal Breeders to focus on.

Challenged Breeders would get recipe horses from the Extra Breeders, but they're Challenged ones for a reason. They'd also be expected to make their recipe horses if the Extras are busy or if the recipe horses themselves are rare. Kind of like how I'm getting to the Latvians; I've made Doles and Norths from scratch and am now mixing them.

As an example for Breeders because I know this off the top of my head right now, if the rare breed that the Breeders are working on is Miniatures, then there'd also be Falabellas, Thoroughbreds, Criollos, Galloways, Carthusians, Sorraia, etc. to make to get to that point. TBs use the Galloways and TBs are common so that's out of the breeds to make, but it's rare that Criollo have energy in the public stud list, and those are a bit complicated since they're made with multiple rarer breeds.

Ideally Breeders would be able to choose which breed to work on to help with progression and request the mixed horses from Extra Breeders (it'd be ideal for the Extra Breeders to create decent evaluations (3* at least) if possible) at which point they'd either work on breeding or fine-tune that evaluation.

Basically, Breeders should be broken up on a complex line and then come together to finish up with the target horse. Challenged breeders are making super rare and complex horses on their own or with other Challenged Breeders, but they're going breed by breed themselves for the most part. Extra Breeders should just be taking horses that they're given, mixing them to get at least a 3* evaluation if they can, and then sending that 3* evaluation off to the correct Breeders be them Challenged or otherwise. They shouldn't be making actual breeds.

I think that's how it was supposed to be set up, but we started with very few members which led to people with both roles doing both evals and breeding in the early point of the club, and that didn't end up changing very much.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

horsegirl008 wrote:They're all doing good! My Quarabs are finished, I'm just trying to preserve mine by continually breeding them before they pass on :oops: Arappaloosas and Miniatures are kind of on pause right now because I'm having to freeze that account for the moment. Welsh Ponies I haven't really done much with. I have a stallion standing at stud on my freezing account, but the Welsh-es will be my next project :)

I think maybe not being a breeder for the target horses will be better...? Mainly because I wouldn't have the time or space for them :(

Nope, no suggestions or anything. Thanks for checking in!

:D
Of course! There hasn't really been an official check in on everyone, and this is a pretty good time for it.

I get that; I'm taking a break from being a Breeder once the Latvians are born because I'm a bit burnt out. I'm having fun with working on Minis and I'll probably do that for a while before picking up the club's target breed again. No worries!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

brightspace16 wrote:My quest for the Byelorussian Harness Horses is slow but steady. I would not mind being added as another kind of breeder... I want to take on more projects I think! If the club ever decides to go for the Byelorussian Harness Horses I would love to take them in! Let me know how I can help with the club and I look forward to seeing where it goes in the near future! Thanks for reaching out!
That's good to hear; it's always great when a project goes to plan. You're more than welcome to take on another breeder role if you'd like.

What you're doing now is similar to what the Challenged Breeders will be doing; taking a difficult breed and making the required horses for the breed themselves until they succeed in making that breed.

Extra Breeders are given horses, told what mix to make, and breed until they get at least a 3 star evaluation for whatever breed the recipe horses are for. They then pass those horses over to whichever Breeder needs them.

Normal Breeders focus on one breed at a time and, with assistance from Extra Breeders, fine-tune recipe horses if needed. If the club focus is your Byelorussions for example then one breeder might make Sorraia, one might make Carthusians, some might work together if needed, etc.

You can fill out a form for any of those roles at any time. : )
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

K's Eventing wrote:Hello, ElipticEnd.
They are going slow, I am breeding from AC stock. Right now I am breeding for a Nonius, which is a base horse. I haven't been working on them recently, I just had twins who unfortunately passed so my wife and I are taking time to get back on track. I might be, what do you mean by taking some?

I definitely agree on you being in leader position, you are a good person to look up to. I would like to change the color scheme, though. It reminds me of private school colors, heh.
I am very new to this, so I don't really know what else to change if that makes any sense?
A monthly club competition sounds cool, though.
-KJ
Take all the time that you need. Something like that isn't something that you can immediately bounce back from.

By taking some I mean: if the club makes them, would you like to adopt them into your project? I personally don't plan on keeping some of the breeds that I make in this club and therefore try to find homes for them with players who will have a use for them. If I can't find them homes then I normally end up doing an auction and rehoming/retiring any that don't sell.

I appreciate the kind words. I think that the orange could be darkened as it's hard to read, and a good rusty orange can look great with grey and teal. I understand completely, no worries! The monthly competition's a neat idea!
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote:i approve you as a leader and i do think a new post would be ideal are you willing to make it by chance and do we need a new breed to start because i can find one and i was also planning on doing some sort of event im open to sugestions :D
I'd be willing to make a new post, certainly. We're currently noted to be doing North Swedish Horses, but I consider that breed to be done and would say that we're on Latvian Harness Horses. After that we'll need a new breed, though! I think it'd be fun to gather suggestions from the other members and choose based on those.

It could be fun to do a contest with trained club horses as prizes. I thought that it'd be a good way to get rid of whatever Latvians we end up producing since I won't be keeping any myself and it'd encourage other players to possibly mess around with the breed. We don't have any born as of yet though.

Another simple contest could be a Vote for the RBRC's next rare breed one where we take the community's suggestions and have them choose one; it might be a good way to quickly find buyers for them as well as a good way to get other players interested in the club.
i could definitely start up a competition and fund some prizes and your ideas are amazing :D
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

UniqueFarms wrote:
K's Eventing wrote: I second the vote. :)
Awesome! I would be great to getting started right away!
Go for it!

Irish Sport Horses are made via a Thoroughbred x Irish Draught mix. Thoroughbreds are pretty common which is helpful, but Irish Draughts are rarer than the Sport Horses they make.

Irish Draughts are [ Belgian x Thoroughbred ] x [ Andalusian x Connemara ]. Belgians and TBs are again common, so you're looking at finding or making Andalusians and Connemaras.

Your breeding list is therefore: Irish Sport <--- Irish Draught <--- Andalusian <--- Connemara <--- Whatever breeds make those if you intend to make Andas and Connes from scratch.

You can work together on each breed or you can do separate breeds and come together on the Sport or Draughts. I'll let you guys decide on that. : )

Good luck!
brightspace16
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

EclipticEnd wrote:

sounds fun! Here are my requests :D

Challenged Breeder
Username(s): BrightSpace16 & BrightSpace16_Freezer
Why You Think You Qualify (Optional): I have had some good success breeding the necessary horse for the Byelorussian Harness Horses. I have hard work and patience :D

Extra Breeder
Do You Meet The Preferred Note: yes but IDK how long I will have premium...
Why You Want To Join As A Extra Breeder (Optional): I would like to help out others who need breeds because I have the space!
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

brightspace16 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:

sounds fun! Here are my requests :D

Challenged Breeder
Why You Think You Qualify (Optional): I have had some good success breeding the necessary horse for the Byelorussian Harness Horses. I have hard work and patience :D

Extra Breeder
Do You Meet The Preferred Note: yes but IDK how long I will have premium...
Why You Want To Join As A Extra Breeder (Optional): I would like to help out others who need breeds because I have the space!
your accepted
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:17 am