Community Forum

Miniature Horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Re: Miniature Horses

Post by Shazza »

I bred a Thoroughbred Stallion that'll mature under 24 Inches! He's currently 1 year and 3 months and standing at 15 inches :) So my Thoroughbred x Criollo crosses are getting pretty small! I'm also trying to incorporate colour and appaloosa patterns, which is slowing me down. But it's lots of fun!

He's his link: http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/13775
I'll have him up for stud when he's of breeding age. (His name is Tom Thumb)
Babson Arabian
Visit My Farm

Post by Babson Arabian »

WOW!!! willing to stud any out? i have small appy shetlands so if you have a tiny tb criollo cross that would be fantastic!
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

I have two fully grown criollo x thoroughbred stallions at the moment, one is 9.2hh, and the other is 10hh. I also have several Shetland stallions that have appy patterns and have 3 stars for falabella :)
I'll definitely put them up for stud if you are interested, most of my smaller horses are still too young to breed - so excited for them to grow up!

Have a look through my pastures and let me know which you'd like me to put up ;)
At the moment I can only put 8 stallions up for stud, so I have to be selective lol
Babson Arabian
Visit My Farm

Post by Babson Arabian »

im not picky. just the smallest you currently have would be fine. im thinking getting rid of all my stock minus minis and starting over by breeding to your boys if thats ok.
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

That's perfectly fine with me :)

I'm on my way out, so I'll put my small guys up tomorrow - I'll post here when more of my horses are of breeding age
Kintara
Visit My Farm

Post by Kintara »

Shazza wrote:I bred a Thoroughbred Stallion that'll mature under 24 Inches! He's currently 1 year and 3 months and standing at 15 inches :) So my Thoroughbred x Criollo crosses are getting pretty small! I'm also trying to incorporate colour and appaloosa patterns, which is slowing me down. But it's lots of fun!

I saw a few of your breedings today Shazza, you must be getting pretty close to getting those Falabella's now I reckon!!
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Post by aschaab »

Tom Thumb's sire is my stallion! Air force one.
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

Post by Kintara » Today, 1:21 am

Shazza wrote:
I bred a Thoroughbred Stallion that'll mature under 24 Inches! He's currently 1 year and 3 months and standing at 15 inches :) So my Thoroughbred x Criollo crosses are getting pretty small! I'm also trying to incorporate colour and appaloosa patterns, which is slowing me down. But it's lots of fun!

I saw a few of your breedings today Shazza, you must be getting pretty close to getting those Falabella's now I reckon!!
I hope so!! Really hope my first Falabella has a pretty colour and no red stats - quite difficult breeding for all of that at once :lol:

I've put up my criollo x thoroughbred boys as well as some of my smaller thoroughbreds for stud - they are cheaper than my Shetland studs as I price my horses according to the amount of work put into them (it took me quite a while to breed Shetland boys that are more horse type/lighter but still small lol)
Deslumbrar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Deslumbrar »

I think all of the short TBs are coming from Digit and Genesis lines..
Shazza
Visit My Farm

Post by Shazza »

Tom Thumb is up for stud! Please let me know if any of you guys breed small thoroughbred x criollo stallions, my stable can use an infusion of new blood! Currently there are only 3/4 criollo stallions up for stud so I'm struggling with that part of the breeding mixture..
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm