Community Forum

ISO North African Barb standing at Stud!!!

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
FreeMustang
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

ISO North African Barb standing at Stud!!!

Post by FreeMustang »

Looking for a North African Barb to cover my mares. Prefer 60k and up for HGP, 70k would be even better! Would love a stud that has a PINTO pattern, roaning, Cremello dilution, or palomino. I am willing to consistently breed to your stallion over time if you have one of excellent quality. I'm willing to pay up to $2,000 stud fee BUT I will consider ANYTHING! Please post descriptions and links. Thanks!
Chickbirdlady11
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: ISO North African Barb standing at Stud!!!

Post by Chickbirdlady11 »

FreeMustang wrote:
Looking for a North African Barb to cover my mares. Prefer 60k and up for HGP, 70k would be even better! Would love a stud that has a PINTO pattern, roaning, Cremello dilution, or palomino. I am willing to consistently breed to your stallion over time if you have one of excellent quality. I'm willing to pay up to $2,000 stud fee BUT I will consider ANYTHING! Please post descriptions and links. Thanks!

Hey!

I have one that may do but he is not a purebred. Here he is if you want to take a look. :D
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3139235
nightzz
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by nightzz »

he is cut though
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

FreeMustang wrote:
This is a NAB stallion, I don't know if you've seen him yet. He does not have the coat pattern you're looking for, but I thought I'd offer!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2927013
~besthorsebreeder~
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: SMGCh++ Odessi

Post by ~besthorsebreeder~ »

Hi Alyssa Davis!
I was wondering if you were interested in my horse Odessi! He is only 6 and is a top rank. I was wondering what somone would pay for him? Thx!
~BHB~

(Edit heres his link https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2592069)
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: SMGCh++ Odessi

Post by Alyssa Davis »

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:Hi Alyssa Davis!
I was wondering if you were interested in my horse Odessi! He is only 6 and is a top rank. I was wondering what somone would pay for him? Thx!
~BHB~

(Edit heres his link https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2592069)
Hey besthorsebreeder! I gotta say, he is a very handsome guy. I'll start with your last question first.

I would say that several things go into how much someone would pay for him. I would say someone would pay $500k-$5mil and here is why.

The pros are: he is very young, this may attract buyers. His breeders report is nice and so is his feeding cost! Besides his champion rank, he is also a very handsome guy, and that alone is going to catch people's eye!

But here are the cons: he is a mixed horse, not a purebred, and he's not a 50% either. That may turn some people off. Next, he's not fully trained- a simple fix for some, but for others, that might not be something they are willing to work with. Lastly, which may not be a big deal but it's the only thing I could think of that could be a con, is that he has a living child that is not exclusively the buyer's. Some people want their champion's offspring to only be theirs. Idk why, but I know it can happen!

The reason I am not interested is none of these. The reason is because I am not currently breeding either of the breeds he is- and do not plan on it in the future. I don't normally remember to enter horses in competitions until oops it's too late- so quite frankly, if I bought him, he'd be sitting around on my farm doing nothing. I don't count on stud profits for my farm's living, so I don't think he'd be a great use there.
I'm really sorry, he's the most beautiful horse! He looks like a real winner. Even though Odessi isn't quite my cup of tea, I've bought Sand on the Beach, I'm really excited to breed him with my mares!
~besthorsebreeder~
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by ~besthorsebreeder~ »

Great thank you so much!
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:Great thank you so much!
No problem! :)
10987654321hi
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by 10987654321hi »

I noticed you both have settled this discussion, but if anyone else comes around I just want to offer this guy out. The breeder did great work with his line, so feel free to check out her farm to see what she's currently doing. His progeny are interesting to check out too. For myself I love looking at the results of my stud offings. I feel bad that some of the breeds end up re-homed. Not this guy though, https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2764455 , some to the other studs I offer on this and other accounts.

I love your friesian work, also noticed you're having the same feed issue I was till I read the article on here about feed limits here on the forum. I'm a bit slow so it took me awhile to figure out adding weight gain to the mix allowed me to keep the horse under their max feed to help them get all their energy. I was feeding 400% and couldn't get them healthy. There's still so much to learn here in the forums! Good luck!
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

10987654321hi wrote:I noticed you both have settled this discussion, but if anyone else comes around I just want to offer this guy out. The breeder did great work with his line, so feel free to check out her farm to see what she's currently doing. His progeny are interesting to check out too. For myself I love looking at the results of my stud offings. I feel bad that some of the breeds end up re-homed. Not this guy though, https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2764455 , some to the other studs I offer on this and other accounts.

I love your friesian work, also noticed you're having the same feed issue I was till I read the article on here about feed limits here on the forum. I'm a bit slow so it took me awhile to figure out adding weight gain to the mix allowed me to keep the horse under their max feed to help them get all their energy. I was feeding 400% and couldn't get them healthy. There's still so much to learn here in the forums! Good luck!
I heard somewhere that even if you are feeding the horse 400% food, the extra 300% is left over and they don't eat it. So idk. I started feeding ALL of my horses in barns 70% performance mix (which is actually not too expensive) and 30% alfalfa cubes and I never get a notice that they are not eating enough for energy. If their weight is poor, then I just add 5 or 10% and give it a few days. It might take a couple turns to get them to be eating enough for energy, but this is just my experience.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am