Community Forum

Story ( Contest?)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Horsecrazy15
Visit My Farm

Re: Story ( Contest?)

Post by Horsecrazy15 »

I am writing a book that I hope will be published soon. Here is the prologue.

The Untamed Treasure

It was a silent night in the darkest part of the forest when suddenly, a loud scream shattered the silence. It was a scream that could only have come from a wild Stallion. Under the moonlight, a Stallion, the color of a newly minted gold coin, rounded up his mares. He ran till all the horses were packed in a small group. Then he turned to face the threat. The threat was not a bear or wolf or a beast of any kind, it was a human. Two men on horseback, walking straight for them. They were not after the band, but after the stallion himself. "Now, Tom, you Head 'round back. I'll go in front, and try to rope him. If I fail, you rope him from behind. Now remember, there is a lot of money coming to us if we get him, plus the horse himself"."But Charles, remember, this is the dreaded Stallion, The king of the wild. We need to be careful." "Are you saying that I can't catch a horse? That's all he is, a horse!" Charles' s voice was now more than a whisper "no horse has ever escaped from me! That is why they chose me as the final solution!" "Watch your voice, we don't want to scare him off" the men creeped up to the Stallion, and got ready to rope. But the Stallion was more prepared then they were. The Stallion screamed, and kicked Charles of his horse." Charles! " Tom yelled and went to help the older man back onto his horse. But the Stallion was faster. He reared, and slammed his hooves onto Tom's back. Tom fell over from the impact, stunned. Charles rose to his feet, grabbed the rope from his saddle, and lassoed the stallion. "There" he thought. "He can't escape now!" But he was wrong. The Stallion simply unlooped the rope, and continued with his attack. Tom, who was watching him, was dumbfounded, that a horse could UNLOOP the rope! "Charles!" He shouted as hooves soared over his head "give it up!" "Never!" Was the sharp reply "he's just a horse! ". " Yeah, just a horse who can kill you!" Said Tom, dodging the teeth that were coming after him now. Charles tried to get the rope over the stallion's head once more, but failed. Tom, completely forgetting that it was his turn to rope the horse, ran over to push his partner out of harm's way, but arrived a split second too late. The stallion had torn the flesh from the man's shoulder, and was pounding him into the ground. Charles, who had passed out because of the pain, was losing. Tom using the last bit of strength he had, started whipping the horse with his riding crop, until the horse backed away to try a different approach. Tom grabbed his partner, and carried him piggy back style, and tossed him onto the back of his horse. He tied Charles's horse to his, and led both horses away. The Stallion let out a victory cry, and galloped away to find his band.
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Horsecrazy15 wrote:I am writing a book that I hope will be published soon. Here is the prologue.

The Untamed Treasure

It was a silent night in the darkest part of the forest when suddenly, a loud scream shattered the silence. It was a scream that could only have come from a wild Stallion. Under the moonlight, a Stallion, the color of a newly minted gold coin, rounded up his mares. He ran till all the horses were packed in a small group. Then he turned to face the threat. The threat was not a bear or wolf or a beast of any kind, it was a human. Two men on horseback, walking straight for them. They were not after the band, but after the stallion himself. "Now, Tom, you Head 'round back. I'll go in front, and try to rope him. If I fail, you rope him from behind. Now remember, there is a lot of money coming to us if we get him, plus the horse himself"."But Charles, remember, this is the dreaded Stallion, The king of the wild. We need to be careful." "Are you saying that I can't catch a horse? That's all he is, a horse!" Charles' s voice was now more than a whisper "no horse has ever escaped from me! That is why they chose me as the final solution!" "Watch your voice, we don't want to scare him off" the men creeped up to the Stallion, and got ready to rope. But the Stallion was more prepared then they were. The Stallion screamed, and kicked Charles of his horse." Charles! " Tom yelled and went to help the older man back onto his horse. But the Stallion was faster. He reared, and slammed his hooves onto Tom's back. Tom fell over from the impact, stunned. Charles rose to his feet, grabbed the rope from his saddle, and lassoed the stallion. "There" he thought. "He can't escape now!" But he was wrong. The Stallion simply unlooped the rope, and continued with his attack. Tom, who was watching him, was dumbfounded, that a horse could UNLOOP the rope! "Charles!" He shouted as hooves soared over his head "give it up!" "Never!" Was the sharp reply "he's just a horse! ". " Yeah, just a horse who can kill you!" Said Tom, dodging the teeth that were coming after him now. Charles tried to get the rope over the stallion's head once more, but failed. Tom, completely forgetting that it was his turn to rope the horse, ran over to push his partner out of harm's way, but arrived a split second too late. The stallion had torn the flesh from the man's shoulder, and was pounding him into the ground. Charles, who had passed out because of the pain, was losing. Tom using the last bit of strength he had, started whipping the horse with his riding crop, until the horse backed away to try a different approach. Tom grabbed his partner, and carried him piggy back style, and tossed him onto the back of his horse. He tied Charles's horse to his, and led both horses away. The Stallion let out a victory cry, and galloped away to find his band.
Now I need to read the rest!
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Horsecrazy15 wrote:I am writing a book that I hope will be published soon. Here is the prologue.

The Untamed Treasure

This story is absolutley amazing!!
Dark Magic Rodeo Stables
"Breeding valid Thoroughbreds since 2019"

"I'm Way Too Young To Be This Stressed"
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Mlloftus wrote:

The Untamed Treasure

Now I need to read the rest!
Same! I can't wait for the book to be published! I'll buy it!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Emlyn wrote:
KBuhrmann57 wrote:
Ooo! I want to know what happens!! XD
I also can't wait to know what happens next in your story! :D
The guards were based off of Stormtroopers from star wars! :lol:
The wait is over part 2 is finally here:

(Panting and crunching of leaves) Clarice Ran for a while And every fem minutes shed look back and see if the guards were following her. She doubted they were but she could never be so sure. She came into a clearing In the woods. Suddenly she saw something move between the trees then vanished, again she saw something in the woods then it vanished. She started to turn around and she'd rather face the guards than face whatever was in the woods then this huge grey beast jumped out of the woods and pinned her to the ground. It was a huge grey wolf with markings of the moon.
"Who are you and what are you doing here!?" He growled with his teeth showing
Clarice hesitated then said "M-my name is Clarice and i was Runn-" she got cut off by a howl. His head snapped up " more Humans are coming!" He said then he looked back down at her frightened face "you get up, follow me and try to stay close" she did as he said. Trough the woods they ran until they came to the side of a Clif. They had been running all afternoon "How are we supposed to get off the cliff!?" She asked in a panicked tone the moon started to come up then all the markings on his face and sides started to glow. "Hop on" again she hesitated "NOW!" She got on and he started running to the edge of the cliff...
_Americanaa_
Visit My Farm

Post by _Americanaa_ »

Emlyn wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
I also can't wait to know what happens next in your story! :D
The guards were based off of Stormtroopers from star wars! :lol:
The wait is over part 2 is finally here:

(Panting and crunching of leaves) Clarice Ran for a while And every fem minutes shed look back and see if the guards were following her. She doubted they were but she could never be so sure. She came into a clearing In the woods. Suddenly she saw something move between the trees then vanished, again she saw something in the woods then it vanished. She started to turn around and she'd rather face the guards than face whatever was in the woods then this huge grey beast jumped out of the woods and pinned her to the ground. It was a huge grey wolf with markings of the moon.
"Who are you and what are you doing here!?" He growled with his teeth showing
Clarice hesitated then said "M-my name is Clarice and i was Runn-" she got cut off by a howl. His head snapped up " more Humans are coming!" He said then he looked back down at her frightened face "you get up, follow me and try to stay close" she did as he said. Trough the woods they ran until they came to the side of a Clif. They had been running all afternoon "How are we supposed to get off the cliff!?" She asked in a panicked tone the moon started to come up then all the markings on his face and sides started to glow. "Hop on" again she hesitated "NOW!" She got on and he started running to the edge of the cliff...
ooh! that was a twist!!! i love it!!
Dark Magic Rodeo Stables
"Breeding valid Thoroughbreds since 2019"

"I'm Way Too Young To Be This Stressed"
Connemaraponies
Visit My Farm

Post by Connemaraponies »

The Untamed Treasure

Wow! This story is am amazing!!
appyforever
Visit My Farm

Post by appyforever »

I am hesitant to share my works online for fear of plagiarism but I thought I might give it a go with some of my finished works. I really only dabble in short stories, so here are a few I think are my most entertaining!
Goodnight Earth
The pathways were deserted, crushed popcorn bags and bright jackets the only sign that these paths had once been teeming with life. Hoards of it, in fact. From all over the cosmos beings came to observe the delicate procedures of life in other realms. This zoo of sorts, housed the animals responsible for such lively and bizarre ecosystems. The Xena enclosure housed all sorts of marvelous creatures, with great land masses nestled snugly against their skin. Hanging vines of vibrant purple clung to one creature, who blinked lazily from its perch, each of it’s seven eyes closing and opening with a long slip of both eyelids. The mountainous humps of its spine were snow capped, and its pale blue pelt was speckled with dimly glowing fires. The forests between these mountains were burning, a regular occurrence for the planet Stignus. However Ziggel, the keeper in charge of the Milky Way enclosure, had very little to do. The enclosure housed only one creature, a large planet who bore a rough resemblance to the tortoise, one of the creatures known to live upon her. She lived a rather unassuming and quiet life opposed to that of the creatures on her back, who seemed to plague her with flurries of activity. Despite the hyperactivity of the planet’s diverse life, Ziggel did not have to intervene much, save for the super volcano incident a few zillquens ago. His shirt still smelled like ash. Ziggel had a soft spot for the patient creature, who had no qualms about the chaos that took place on her skin regularly. She was slow and rather lethargic, but there was a tender and depthless intelligence in her wide black eyes. He stepped in to check on her, her skin was greyer than a few centuries (as the milky way system used) ago, but everything seemed well enough in order. It seemed no matter the riot or reckless action the species on her back took, she weathered it with little compliant and almost frustrating complacency. Even when her oceans ran dark with a foul black substance, she had continued on with an uncanny grace. Now though, her oceans crashed and frothed across her shell as they always were, dark and blue and grey, wild and beautiful all at once. He smiled as she lifted her head and peered towards him, black eyes flecked with a thousand glowing lights. Stars, he called them affectionately, and she didn't seem to provide a better name. With a wave and soft goodbye he made sure the enclosure was secure for tomorrow. He was the last one to leave so he switched the lights off, looked around, and said “Goodnight Earth.”
Hide and Seek
“Are you sure about this?” Rachel asked, looking rather pitiful with her braids coming undone and mud clinging to the bottom of her dress. The branches creaked above her as the shadows shifted uneasily. Her companion didn’t answer, instead hurrying onward down no identifiable path. She wanted to cry, it was cold and wet in the woods. “I don’t like this game anymore,” she called out. For a moment it seemed like her companion would ignore her again. Instead she paused mid-stride and slowly turned to look at Rachel. The girls appeared to be around the same age, and it was apparent neither of them had any reason to be wandering around in the woods so late. “Take your shoes off, they will get muddy.” The girl said. Rachel grimaced. “No. They are already muddy. It’s too cold to walk around barefoot.” Her companion giggled, wiggling her toes in the mud. Rachel shook her head. “You're strange.” With a grin that seemed to split her porcelain face, Rachel’s companion wandered over to tug on the sleeve of her gingham dress. ‘Let's play hide and seek then. It's a much better game.” Rachel shook her head vehemently, panic creeping into her voice. “No Lady, I don’t want to be alone.” Lady was gone, the shimmer of her dandylion hair vanishing between the slender trunks. Rachel did start to cry now, as she felt very small under the scratchy branches. “Lady, come back. I said I don't want to play.” She sniffed, but only the birds cared enough to caw back at her. “I will give you a hint,” called a sing-voice from somewhere deep in the undergrowth. Rachel hurried towards the sound, briars getting tangled in her already knotted hair.
“Lady?”
“Over heeeerrreee.”
“Where?”
“Here.”
Rachel fought through a dense thicket, burrowing like a rabbit between the thorny vines. “Why on earth did you hide here? It will be impossible to get out.” She was sniffling again, tears running down her sandpaper cheeks. “For you, maybe.” Lady grinned, sitting perfectly content amongst the tangled bracken. There was something sinister about her smile. “I want to go home.” Rachel said, shivering under her friend’s eerie gaze. Her eyes looked like faded lights in the fog, blinking a dull grey blue. There was something almost...absent, about her expression. “I said, I want to go home.” Rachel repeated, but her voice sounded timid even to her own ears. “Its your turn to hide.” Lady stated, still staring at her with dimly flickering eyes. “I don’t want to play anymore. I want to go home.” Rachel struggled to part the bracken. It seemed denser than when she entered. “One.” Panic was ice in the bottom of her belly. “Two.” The thorns stabbed the back of her legs as she fought the undergrowth. “I said I don't want to play anymore, Lady.” Her dress tore as it got caught on the briars. Rachel didn't notice. “Too bad. Four,” said Lady. It seemed it was only getting darker and thicker the harder Rachel struggled to free herself from the thicket. “Six.” Rachel was desperate now, tearing at the vines without caution. The thorns stuck in her palms and fingers. “You skipped five!” She cried in panic, still struggling vainly to get away from Lady and her empty eyes. “Eight then, I’m only doing evens now.” Rachel broke into the openness of the forest. She stumbled blindly over roots, darting between the trees as she fled. She couldn't hear Lady counting anymore. Finally she slowed, collapsing against a leaning tree. Her heart felt like it was beating hard enough to shatter her ribs. The bone shards were caught in her side. She wheezed, shaking as she tried not to wail. Only the chatter of the birds bounced off the trees. Heaving a sigh of relief, Rachel stood, attempting to get her bearings. “Found you!”
A girl with skin in shades of pale sat in a blue metal chair. Her dress was muddy and torn, clinging to her legs as the breeze pushed against it. The girl seemed serene, sunshine turning the thin strands of her hair to gold. She sipped delicately from a porcelain teacup, pinky up in mock formality. When she set the cup down, its contents were a deep pomegranate red. The tea tasted anything but fruity. Gently she picked up the teapot to top off her cup. An eyeball plopped merrily into her tea. “How bothersome.” Lady threw the eye over her shoulder, it rolled in the grass until it settled with a bump against a muddy pair of shoes.
Influencer
She has porcelain skin, rose petal lips and poppy powdered cheeks. Mascara rimmed eyes glance, uninterested, downward towards familiar faces. The shadows clinging to her lashline are buried under chalky foundation that flakes off and reveals the flaws underneath. She teeters on spindle heels, her doll joints creaking. She is a tall willow wand cloaked in conventional beauty, tired eyes peering from a plaster face. She is the new average. A factory model sealed in plastic, sleeping in a brightly colored cardboard box. Her friends are production line pretty, pearl capped smiles brighter than their bubble eyes. They travel to exotic places and come back with photos instead of memories, striving for likes and comments from shadows hiding behind glaring screens. She is a copy of a copy of a copy, spilling fax machine lines hot off the press. She is a brand name buyout, hiding behind Valentino bags and Gucci belts. Driving fast cars and selling her soul to poison hidden in crystal vials. Her heartbeat has been replaced by strobe lights that dance over crowded festivals. She lives in a skyrise cube, making pleasant conversation with the fridge. Her job title is “influencer” but no one cares what she thinks. A fake face made her insta famous, but it will only last until the trend dies. Like a gold seam in a junkyard, it seems miraculous until it’s exploited and then it never existed. If anyone asks why her conversations are DM exclusive, or why no one comes around anymore she will flash her bogus smile, lipstick bleeding from the corners of her mouth, and say “I guess it costs too much, staying human.”

I would adore some constructive criticism or just general thoughts, I loved reading everyone else's stuff as well. Keep writing my guys!
2Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm

Post by 2Dreamwood13 »

appyforever wrote:I am hesitant to share my works online for fear of plagiarism but I thought I might give it a go with some of my finished works. I really only dabble in short stories, so here are a few I think are my most entertaining!

Influencer
She has porcelain skin, rose petal lips and poppy powdered cheeks. Mascara rimmed eyes glance, uninterested, downward towards familiar faces. The shadows clinging to her lashline are buried under chalky foundation that flakes off and reveals the flaws underneath. She teeters on spindle heels, her doll joints creaking. She is a tall willow wand cloaked in conventional beauty, tired eyes peering from a plaster face. She is the new average. A factory model sealed in plastic, sleeping in a brightly colored cardboard box. Her friends are production line pretty, pearl capped smiles brighter than their bubble eyes. They travel to exotic places and come back with photos instead of memories, striving for likes and comments from shadows hiding behind glaring screens. She is a copy of a copy of a copy, spilling fax machine lines hot off the press. She is a brand name buyout, hiding behind Valentino bags and Gucci belts. Driving fast cars and selling her soul to poison hidden in crystal vials. Her heartbeat has been replaced by strobe lights that dance over crowded festivals. She lives in a skyrise cube, making pleasant conversation with the fridge. Her job title is “influencer” but no one cares what she thinks. A fake face made her insta famous, but it will only last until the trend dies. Like a gold seam in a junkyard, it seems miraculous until it’s exploited and then it never existed. If anyone asks why her conversations are DM exclusive, or why no one comes around anymore she will flash her bogus smile, lipstick bleeding from the corners of her mouth, and say “I guess it costs too much, staying human.”

I would adore some constructive criticism or just general thoughts, I loved reading everyone else's stuff as well. Keep writing my guys!
I liked this one. "Brand name buyout" really kind of punches the reader with the syllables. This reminds me of an untitled work I had written a little while ago. I've seen a lot of writing and this is pretty nice. It actually makes me consider posting a little story in this topic myself, but I'm not sure. I'd never be able to choose which one :lol:
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

KBuhrmann57 wrote:So I like writing stories based off movies, songs, events, etc, and so I am going to write them here. So I dont know if this is a contest or general chit chat. But ya'll can write your stories here to. Please don't judge other peoples work, praising is allowed. Also if you base it of real life events, please keep names anonymous, or use different names. Please be kind, and no swearing/inappropriate stories. I'll be giving 5k to all entries. ( I know its not much but its something) It can be related to horses or not. ( Btw I love all feedback, so dont be afraid to say something ;) )
Can I enter a poem? I do write stories, but I'm better at poetry.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm