Community Forum

IRL Horse Contest!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Strawberry Unicorn
Visit My Farm

Re: IRL Horse Contest!

Post by Strawberry Unicorn »

Strawberry Unicorn wrote:
ZeroDigital wrote:
Thank you! For me personally, I would love to have a warmblood sometime in my life. I can't decide between a Friesian or a black dutch warmblood! I always wanted to jump, how's it like?
really nice! I almost always do 5ft+ so I do get some air but you should start with trot poles and slowly move to Cross rails! I feel like I'm gonna fall but hen I'm like youve done this millions of times and I just feel amazing!
If your serious about training your horse to jump, read this: https://practicalhorsemanmag.com/traini ... r%20depart.
It takes loads of lunging and you have to do free jumping before even considering sitting on our horse while it jumps. If your horse is already showjumping trained, its you the rider who needs to learn! I would also get your instructor or parent if you decide o try a jump!
Naytix
Visit My Farm

Post by Naytix »

Strawberry Unicorn wrote:
Strawberry Unicorn wrote: really nice! I almost always do 5ft+ so I do get some air but you should start with trot poles and slowly move to Cross rails! I feel like I'm gonna fall but hen I'm like youve done this millions of times and I just feel amazing!
If your serious about training your horse to jump, read this: https://practicalhorsemanmag.com/traini ... r%20depart.
It takes loads of lunging and you have to do free jumping before even considering sitting on our horse while it jumps. If your horse is already showjumping trained, its you the rider who needs to learn! I would also get your instructor or parent if you decide o try a jump!
I used to do hunter since I'm a very short boy and jumping high kinda scares me haha. My horse doesn't jump/like jumping which is why I'm looking for a second horse that I can do dressage and a little bit of jumping with. In my area, it's mostly western riders so it's kind of hard to find a dressage/jumping warmblood that isn't in the 100k range lol. My horse used to be a western horse too but he had potential for dressage so we worked with a trainer to transition him. How was your horse like when you first got him?
Some random edgy chinese guy
Strawberry Unicorn
Visit My Farm

Post by Strawberry Unicorn »

ZeroDigital wrote:
Strawberry Unicorn wrote: If your serious about training your horse to jump, read this: https://practicalhorsemanmag.com/traini ... r%20depart.
I used to do hunter since I'm a very short boy and jumping high kinda scares me haha. My horse doesn't jump/like jumping which is why I'm looking for a second horse that I can do dressage and a little bit of jumping with. In my area, it's mostly western riders so it's kind of hard to find a dressage/jumping warmblood that isn't in the 100k range lol. My horse used to be a western horse too but he had potential for dressage so we worked with a trainer to transition him. How was your horse like when you first got him?
Apollo is actually fairly new to me, we purchased him when he was , he was trained in jumping. I have gtg but bye!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Good Luck to all!

Just A Friendly Reminder:
Double check the images before linking, practice 'Safe Internet'. Fuzz out at least people's faces and anything that could link back to you or your area (license plates, stable names, etc).

:mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Naytix
Visit My Farm

Post by Naytix »

BlackOak2 wrote:Good Luck to all!

Just A Friendly Reminder:
Double check the images before linking, practice 'Safe Internet'. Fuzz out at least people's faces and anything that could link back to you or your area (license plates, stable names, etc).

:mrgreen:
Yes! This is very important, I forgot to mention!
Some random edgy chinese guy
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm