Community Forum

Celebrity Horses! 15 mil 1st prize!! (done)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Celebrity Horses! 15 mil 1st prize!! (done)

Post by Hidalgo »

Yes, the prize has gone up, thanks to a donation!

So I have an idea for a contest that I think is original :lol:

Basically, just enter a horse (or pony! I love ponies :mrgreen: )that looks like any "celebrity" horse. It could be a horse from a cartoon, a horse from a book, a real life dressage horse or racer, or a horse from history. The only thing I ask is that you choose a horse that either has good photos available for me to see what it looks like or a good drawing if it's from before photography existed, or if it's a horse from a book it needs to have a detailed enough description for me to be able to see, oh yes, a chestnut with a stocking on its left foreleg and a white snip on its nose, and not ok, so the horse was a chestnut, what exactly sets it apart from every other chestnut horse in the world?

Things I am looking for:

Creativity!
I love Black Beauty, but I'd be delighted to see less known characters such as Ginger or Merrylegs instead. Spirit is our go-to when we think about cartoon horses (and it's my favorite Disney movie in existence) but remember the awesome horses from Brave and Mulan as well! I'm happy to see famous racers but remember there are also horses famous for being in a particular battle or belonging to a well known general. And don't forget the horses who won their fame through their superb acting as the horse of the protagonist in Western movies :lol:

Attention to detail!
Of course color is important, but extra merit will go to contestants who also pay attention other details such as build, height, and breed. I may not be super picky about those things but if you're going to do an easy one like Spirit, for goodness sake at least enter a Mustang, not just any random buckskin!

Don't feel like you have to train your horse, although I do love how that looks! Please have at least one current picture of him/her at a good, heathy weight, as I will be making a gallery of the horses entered. Also it's hard for me to pay attention to a horse's build/color when it just looks awkward from being over/underweight (I know a lot of people don't care, this is just a personal preference of mine). Feel free to dress your horse up in tack if it's relevant to the horse's character, but please make sure there's also a photo of them without tack so I can see any markings clearly.

The horse does not have to be bred specifically for this competition. If you have a horse laying around your farm already that you feel is a good contestant, feel free to enter it! You don't even need to have bred it yourself, however if it comes down to a draw between two horses, details like that may become deciding factors.

1st prize: $15,000,000
2nd prize: $10,000,000
3rd prize: $7,000,000

I'm planning to judge the competition on December 6th. If this competition ends up less popular than I'm hoping for, prizes will still be awarded even if there are only one or two entries.

No need to ping me or quote the post as I'm subscribed to the topic.
Last edited by Hidalgo on Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Re: Celebrity Horses (1 mil prize)

Post by Hidalgo »

Display of Entries

Will be listed here by myself. The order has nothing to do with rankings or placement, it's simply for visual purposes.

Uaithne
Brego: Lord of the Rings

Kamichi Stables
Bumper: Ranger's Apprentice

Emlyn
Mr. Ed: The show Mr. Ed

IvyRose
Ruffian: Racehorse

FantasyRanch2
Blackie: The Phantom Stallion

Late entries

Late entries can't be in the 1-3 rankings but will get a smaller prize because I'm excited to see what everyone's been working on.

islandhill
Maximus: Tangled
Last edited by Hidalgo on Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
FantasyRanch1
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch1 »

Hidalgo wrote:Reserved
This sound sooo fun!!!!
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

FantasyRanch1 wrote:
This sound sooo fun!!!!
I'm glad to hear that!! To the best of my knowledge a few people at least are working on breeding a horse to enter, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :D
FantasyRanch1
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch1 »

Hidalgo wrote:
FantasyRanch1 wrote:
This sound sooo fun!!!!
I'm glad to hear that!! To the best of my knowledge a few people at least are working on breeding a horse to enter, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :D
Well I love Angus from Brave, so I may do him
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

FantasyRanch1 wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:
That would be awesome, I love him too :P
FantasyRanch1
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch1 »

Hidalgo wrote:
FantasyRanch1 wrote:
That would be awesome, I love him too :P
He's a clysdale right? I think that's what he is, or is he a sire?
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

FantasyRanch1 wrote:
Hidalgo wrote: That would be awesome, I love him too :P
He's a clysdale right? I think that's what he is, or is he a sire?
It looks like most sources say Shire, although a couple say Clydesdale
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Post by KingstonDressage »

So cool! Im definitely interested!!
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Re: Celebrity Horses! 15 mil 1st prize!!

Post by Hidalgo »

Also I'd like to add, if anyone who has been playing for a while is interested in judging rather than making an entry, that would be awesome! I'd be happy to have a bit of help.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:31 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:31 pm