Community Forum

When Will I Get A Deli Foal? (Born! Winner Announed.)

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
FantasyRanch3
Visit My Farm

Re: Entry Form

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Quote Me!

Please be aware that you may change any of your answers at any point before breeding begins. Once I begin breeding, all answers will be locked in.

Username(s): FR1,2,3, HorseRuning
Preferred Prize: 1 mil
Number Of Foals: I think you'll get the correct foal when breeding the correct cross on the 15th try
Foal's Gender: (Optional) Colt
Foal's Color: (Optional) Bay?
Any Questions?:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:
Quote Me!

Please be aware that you may change any of your answers at any point before breeding begins. Once I begin breeding, all answers will be locked in.

Username(s): FR1,2,3, HorseRuning
Preferred Prize: 1 mil
Number Of Foals: I think you'll get the correct foal when breeding the correct cross on the 15th try
Foal's Color: (Optional) Bay?
Any Questions?:
Noted! Good luck!
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Quote Me!

Username(s): Gabby_Woodlark, Gabby Woodlark, GabbysPets, Callen Woodlark and CallensPets
Preferred Prize: Free trained horse
Number Of Foals: 4
Foal's Color: (Optional) Bay
Any Questions?: Nope :)
Last edited by Gabby_Woodlark on Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:
Quote Me!

Username(s): Gabby_Woodlark, Gabby Woodlark, GabbysPets, Callen Woodlark and CallensPets
Preferred Prize: Free trained horse
Number Of Foals: 4
Foal's Gender: (Optional) Filly
Foal's Color: (Optional) Bay
Any Questions?: Nope :)
Noted! Good luck!!!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: When Will I Get A Deli Foal? (Entries Open)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Another quick update:

I have an Arabian picked out, as well as a WAB. A couple of Caspian studs (1, 2) have been tentatively picked out as well, but I want to get a Caspian mare before I truly start anything. I'd love to get another heavier Arabian mare as well, but we'll see. We're getting close to starting!

Also, for clarification purposes, if I pass all current number guesses for foals then I'll pause and offer you all a chance to guess again as well as take more guesses from the community. I'm not too sure that I'll end up having the best evaluation for my recipe horses so it could very well take me a long while to get this foal.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: When Will I Get A Deli Foal? (Entries Open)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Update: I'm finishing up some training for a few people and then I'll start the breeding!

If any of you want to change anything about your answers, you'll have a few days to do so. I think I'll probably start around the 3rd if I'm not busy.

Here's my breeding stock so that you can get a better idea for what colors will pop up:

-Flaxen Red Dun Arabian x WAB mare
-Silver Dunskin Arabian x WAB mare
-Smoky Grulla Arabian x WAB mare

-Silver Bay Dun Arabian x WAB stud
-Seal Brown Caspian mare
-Bay Caspian mare

-Bay Caspian stud (Not mine, 4* eval)
-Black Caspian stud (Not mine, 4* eval)

The two Caspian mares will exclusively be bred with the Arabian x WAB stud. I had to get AC ones; there's pretty much only Offers Only Caspians in the market, which I find odd since they're one of the beginning breeds. They both have reds, but needs must. The three of them are all 4* evaluations, so they should have a pretty great chance at producing a Deli quickly.

My Flaxen Red Dun is only 2* for Deli, but she's just barely in that eval; she's close to being 5* honestly; just barely outside of the preferred range. I'll be pairing her with the Black Caspian; hopefully they even each other out.

My Silver Dunskin is also 2* for Deli. I think she's probably the least likely of the group to give a Deli foal simply because multiple aspects of her aren't well enough in line for the evaluation. Regardless, I'm giving her a chance. She'll be paired with both in an alternating pattern, starting with the Black Caspian and then swapping to the Bay, back to the Black and so on.

My Smoky Grulla is 3* for Deli, but is very nearly 4-5*. She's going to be paired with the Bay Caspian.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
FantasyRanch3 wrote:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: When Will I Get A Deli Foal? (Entries closed, breeding in progress)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Sorry for the delay, I unexpectedly had no internet for a few days. Breeding has begun! I'll update the main post with news on foals as I go.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

After 5 failed foals, a Deli has been born!

[E] Lovelit Mask is a Silver Bay Dun Colt born as #6.

Gabby Woodlark guessed the closest at #4. They also guessed the gender correctly; he's a colt.

No one guessed Silver Bay Dun as the color, and so no color bonus will be rewarded.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Congratulations!
Your prize is a free fully trained horse along with $250,000 for correctly guessing the gender. Please link a rehomeable horse to claim the prize money. I will give you the option of getting a free trained horse or a free training of a horse as I feel I didn't clarify well enough. If you choose a free training, let me know and link that horse instead for the $250,000 prize money.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:After 5 failed foals, a Deli has been born!

[E] Lovelit Mask is a Silver Bay Dun Colt born as #6.

Gabby Woodlark guessed the closest at #4. They also guessed the gender correctly; he's a colt.

No one guessed Silver Bay Dun as the color, and so no color bonus will be rewarded.
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Congratulations!
Your prize is a free fully trained horse along with $250,000 for correctly guessing the gender. Please link a rehomeable horse to claim the prize money. I will give you the option of getting a free trained horse or a free training of a horse as I feel I didn't clarify well enough. If you choose a free training, let me know and link that horse instead for the $250,000 prize money.
Oh, wow

I've been winning comps constantly, I feel bad :lol:

I've started training (Hooray), so I needn't want a free training, rather a free trained horse, if that's alright :D

Hold on, I'll buy a foal really quick and put it ufo.

Thanks, again :D

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Oh, wow

I've been winning comps constantly, I feel bad :lol:

I've started training (Hooray), so I needn't want a free training, rather a free trained horse, if that's alright :D

Hold on, I'll buy a foal really quick and put it ufo.

Thanks, again :D
Sounds like you've been having some good luck! I'm happy for you. I don't currently have a specific trained horse ready as a competition prize (which is my bad, I thought it'd take longer for a Deli), so it might take a day or two to train one up if that's alright.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:10 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:10 pm