The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HWO English Eventing Newsletter Communications Forum

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: HWO English Eventing Newsletter Communications Forum

Post by BlackOak2 »

8arbarossa wrote:you wrote it when the horse had only 4 starts and you say its a rising star.. CNN FAKE NEWS!
Blackoak wrote:..
what do you think? should horses with only 4 starts be included (when they dont have world records)
So now for this.
A rising star is just that, one 'to look out for'. But I see your point.
I don't think that regulating it to world records would be fair. It's difficult to break them.

4 starts might be too little. But we also have to remember that some of these disciplines are quite sparse right now.

As for a rising star, what I would consider a 'rising' star (and not a star or superstar), would be one that has good stats in that area, has pulled remarkable or strong times in that area, or has defeated other titled horses in that area. Even in that definition, a rising star could easily be defined as one that hasn't yet competed (great stats in that area), has only competed a couple or a few times (has strong times or consecutively defeats titled horses).

So that's my opinion.

A rising star may flutter and die out before being realized, that's why they're rising stars and not stars or superstars.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

BlackOak2 wrote:
8arbarossa wrote:you wrote it when the horse had only 4 starts and you say its a rising star.. CNN FAKE NEWS!

what do you think? should horses with only 4 starts be included (when they dont have world records)
So now for this.
I don't think that regulating it to world records would be fair. It's difficult to break them.

4 starts might be too little. But we also have to remember that some of these disciplines are quite sparse right now.

As for a rising star, what I would consider a 'rising' star (and not a star or superstar), would be one that has good stats in that area, has pulled remarkable or strong times in that area, or has defeated other titled horses in that area. Even in that definition, a rising star could easily be defined as one that hasn't yet competed (great stats in that area), has only competed a couple or a few times (has strong times or consecutively defeats titled horses).

So that's my opinion.

A rising star may flutter and die out before being realized, that's why they're rising stars and not stars or superstars.
thnx for your reply, i see and respect your arguments

just want to add something about age, a 20 yo horse with no special times could be considered a dying star? :lol:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

8arbarossa wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
So now for this.

So that's my opinion.

thnx for your reply, i see and respect your arguments

just want to add something about age, a 20 yo horse with no special times could be considered a dying star? :lol:
Well, stars must die! :lol:
And don't forget, some of us can go through an entire horse-life-cycle in a single day. :| Wow, that's quick!
Although I would prefer that the horses that are spotlighted are still alive at the time of the printing. Unless it's noted that it's 'after death', as in a 'dead star'.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Well, stars must die! :lol:

And don't forget, some of us can go through an entire horse-life-cycle in a single day. :| Wow, that's quick!
Although I would prefer that the horses that are spotlighted are still alive at the time of the printing. Unless it's noted that it's 'after death', as in a 'dead star'.
:lol: :lol:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

8arbarossa wrote:
Kamichi Stables wrote: Show Jumping

A new Show Jumping star is WA English Gold Fire. With four starts and a perfect 100%, this horse is starting his career right! Continue with your good work rosie0922!

8 starts, best time 3.15.. the only reason this horse looks good to you is because the rest of the competitors suck even more. This horse is not impressive at all, i have the feeling Rosie is your friend and you just wanna be nice.

I would not include horses that only have 8 starts, it says nothing. Wait till that horse competes at level 10, doesnt stand a chance
I have had no contact with this player. I also wrote this a week ago, please no hate. I am trying to tell the facts, but I understand that what I have posted is a week out of date. Please, stop.

Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:Good first issue.
My comments.
Your link needs to be corrected under dressage for Cry For Redemption. Just an overlook. :D

Personally, I like the horse images there, instead of just the link. Something about having the huge horse there in the spotlights just bring it more to life.

As a note, you shouldn't need to make notes of 'as I wrote this'. It's a newsletter and we understand that time passes along. Think of it as a retelling of the history, a moment captured in time. Though things like broken links might need to be fixed, newsletters shouldn't be updated afterward.

Otherwise, decent. I like it. :D
Thank you for the advise! I was rushing a bit to get it up as I was going to town in a few minutes. I included when I wrote it because I knew some of the information was out of date and wanted people to know why the information may be slightly off.(I will go fix the links)

Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
8arbarossa wrote:

8 starts, best time 3.15.. the only reason this horse looks good to you is because the rest of the competitors suck even more. This horse is not impressive at all, i have the feeling Rosie is your friend and you just wanna be nice.

I would not include horses that only have 8 starts, it says nothing. Wait till that horse competes at level 10, doesnt stand a chance
I have had no contact with this player. I also wrote this a week ago, please no hate. I am trying to tell the facts, but I understand that what I have posted is a week out of date. Please, stop.

Kamichi
He may be rough around the edges, but he is offering to you a point. For him, it's coming across as you and the other player are friends.
Take it for the salt it is, understand that the way it's written, MIGHT need some changing, but not necessarily.

He is also stating (rather beating around the bush), that he feels your research needs to be a little more thorough.
This may be true, perhaps you were a little rushed as you did it, tired, or maybe just some time and experience will guide you to become more in-tune with what you should be looking for. Again, take it for the salt it is. Rather a large pile of salt. :|

You will or might, have more of this style of response. We'll help you along with this... and keep 8arbarossa in shackles if we need to. :mrgreen:

Defend yourself if you feel it's necessary. The community will take sides, if they feel it's necessary, then the issue will be debated and laid to rest.

You're doing alright and he means to enlighten you to what issues he sees. Are you able to handle such responses if more comes your way?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Kamichi Stables wrote: I have had no contact with this player. I also wrote this a week ago, please no hate. I am trying to tell the facts, but I understand that what I have posted is a week out of date. Please, stop.

Kamichi
Its not about hate, there is not hate.. :oops:

its also not about if you had contact,
its about the FACT that the horse has no special Agility, Balance, Speed or strenght confo,
its about that the horse has too little competition results, even if you are a week late in that week the horse only did 9 competitions.

Its about helping you find a better way to select a rising star. :geek:
BlackOak gave some good arguments on selecting a Rising Star and the horse you selected doesnt conform to the arguments BlackOak and i made.

I also want to say that i think its very respectable that you spent time on making a newsletter, it motivates people and keeps keeps people informed. I think you are doing a good job and perhaps i came across a bit strong, my mistake..

Also do you see how easy it is to awknowlegde that i made a mistake? I think you made a mistake by selecting that horse and instead of implying i spread hate maybe it was easier to have said, "thank you for your advice".
I spread awareness
;) ;)
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

BlackOak2 wrote: For him, it's coming across as you and the other player are friends.

8arbarossa : I shouldn't have said that

You will or might, have more of this style of response. We'll help you along with this... and keep 8arbarossa in shackles if we need to. :mrgreen:

8arbarossa : I am aware i sometimes need to adjust, i talked to BlackOak about it and i respect her so much i asked her to correct me when i step over a line

You're doing alright and he means to enlighten you to what issues he sees. Are you able to handle such responses if more comes your way?
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:)

Are we all okay now? Or do we need more assistance?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am