Community Forum

Spotted Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club

Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Spotted Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club

Post by Sunriver Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:...
Sorry to bug, but do you know when my foundation horse will be ready? And can i offer on rejects yet?
Thank You!
"A dog may be a man's bestfriend, but the horse wrote history" ~ Unknown

Horsestarlover02
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsestarlover02 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Horsestarlover02 wrote:...
Reject pickup for juniors is 25k.
Ok
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Heartland_Stables wrote:
Sorry to bug, but do you know when my foundation horse will be ready? And can i offer on rejects yet?
I'll go look at the current finished potential foundations boarded and see if any are done going through their trials and how they stack up. I'll let you know before I log off for the day today. Please wait to collect any rejects until after you have your foundation horse. You won't be able to use their branded status for their foals until after you have your foundation horse. And note that your foundation horse is your main horse for your bloodline. There's no guarantees that the rejects will have what your herd needs to improve. The Foundation Horse is designed specifically for that. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Heartland_Stables wrote: Sorry to bug, but do you know when my foundation horse will be ready? And can i offer on rejects yet?
I'll go look at the current finished potential foundations boarded and see if any are done going through their trials and how they stack up. I'll let you know before I log off for the day today. Please wait to collect any rejects until after you have your foundation horse. You won't be able to use their branded status for their foals until after you have your foundation horse. And note that your foundation horse is your main horse for your bloodline. There's no guarantees that the rejects will have what your herd needs to improve. The Foundation Horse is designed specifically for that. :D
Ok! Thanks so much!! :D :D
Thank You!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Heartland_Stables wrote:...
Your club Foundation Horse is prepared. He has good heart, I wanted to offer you exceptional heart at least, but I believe what he lacks is the conformation scores to tackle that competition. His back is medium-long, I wanted to get you a medium at least, but he comes from shorter backed stock and they tend to throw shorter-favoring. I am of the belief that his back length is a fluke and the outside edge of all the genes the two parents actually carry. Should you choose to forgo him and await another request, I don't know and can't promise when the next one will come, included in this is a bump to the end of the line for fulfillment. If you choose to bump yourself, the next one will be closer to your preferred options.

Club Foundation Horses are offered as a gift from the club. All of the offspring can be labeled with the club brand. Remember to protect your club Foundation Horse. Feel free to name your new Foundation Horse what you choose. As a reminder, they come fully trained (for the racing disciplines) and comes with a comp test (at least 4 entries in level 10, usually, although 9, 8 or 7 may also be supplemented, of the four the club covers, a total of 20 entries to check heart). Please pick your horse up from the boarding facility.

Currently your horse is with me but will be moved to the boarding facility if when I log on and I don't see a pickup fee applied ($1).

Wallowa lake ranch wrote:...
Your club Foundation Horse is prepared. She has strong heart and a medium back, I wanted to get you a medium-short, but she comes from shorter backed stock and should favor throwing short-backed foals. She is also much taller than I wanted to offer you, to help shorten the height of your stock. Overall, this is the largest downside of your Foundation Horse. However, other than being super tall, height doesn't appear to have an affect on competitions. Should you choose to forgo herand await another request, I don't know and can't promise when the next one will come, included in this is a bump to the end of the line for fulfillment. If you choose to bump yourself, the next one will be closer to your preferred options.

Club Foundation Horses are offered as a gift from the club. All of the offspring can be labeled with the club brand. Remember to protect your club Foundation Horse. Feel free to name your new Foundation Horse what you choose. As a reminder, they come fully trained (for the racing disciplines) and comes with a comp test (at least 4 entries in level 10, usually, although 9, 8 or 7 may also be supplemented, of the four the club covers, a total of 20 entries to check heart). Please pick your horse up from the boarding facility.

Currently your horse is with me but will be moved to the boarding facility if when I log on and I don't see a pickup fee applied ($1).
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Thanks so much! So how do i breed him, do i use one of my good mares, or buy a club reject filly, or do you sell mares that would be good to breed with him?
Thank You!

Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Heartland_Stables wrote:
Thanks so much! So how do i breed him, do i use one of my good mares, or buy a club reject filly, or do you sell mares that would be good to breed with him?
Also, im SUPER proud of her, from what i have learned, she has a lotta heart! She gets 100% in Racing, Sprint Racing AND Steeplechasing!! https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2863235
Thank You!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Heartland Hoarder wrote:
Heartland_Stables wrote: Thanks so much! So how do i breed him, do i use one of my good mares, or buy a club reject filly, or do you sell mares that would be good to breed with him?
Also, im SUPER proud of her, from what i have learned, she has a lotta heart! She gets 100% in Racing, Sprint Racing AND Steeplechasing!! https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2863235
Yes, she does look like she's doing quite nicely! Congratulations. :D

You use him as you see fit. Utilize him in competitions if you want to continue his career and see how far he can go, utilize him as a part-time grinder, if you have the need to do so, but don't forget to breed him into your stock. He's your brand carrier and any foal he produces will be eligible to carry the club brand.

I would suggest finding mares in your herd that you want to keep their genes (whatever you're aiming for, whether that's color, body form, conformation, BR or scores, or a number of these things combined) and using him as their stud. Then figuring out what foals-culling program you want to use.
If you decide to remain a 'color breeder' (which is entirely acceptable), you will still need to maintain acceptable heart-standards in your herd. That is what he's for, and that mare looks like a good one to utilize for that as well.

Your basic foal-cull program should include:
HGP below same gender parent = immediate cull
Scores higher than both parents with BR color less than both = immediate cull

Your basic test-program (for heart) should include:
Foals that blow both parents or same gender parent away = train & test
Foals that have outstanding score versus BR color outcome, but somewhat mediocre or 'average' HGP outcome = train & test

For the heart program, if you're popping what seems like a lot of these, then pick and choose which one you think will likely 'do the best' and stick to just one or two. Popping a lot of outstanding foals generally (but doesn't always) mean you're still on the right track.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Heartland Hoarder wrote: Also, im SUPER proud of her, from what i have learned, she has a lotta heart! She gets 100% in Racing, Sprint Racing AND Steeplechasing!! https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2863235
Yes, she does look like she's doing quite nicely! Congratulations. :D

You use him as you see fit. Utilize him in competitions if you want to continue his career and see how far he can go, utilize him as a part-time grinder, if you have the need to do so, but don't forget to breed him into your stock. He's your brand carrier and any foal he produces will be eligible to carry the club brand.

I would suggest finding mares in your herd that you want to keep their genes (whatever you're aiming for, whether that's color, body form, conformation, BR or scores, or a number of these things combined) and using him as their stud. Then figuring out what foals-culling program you want to use.
If you decide to remain a 'color breeder' (which is entirely acceptable), you will still need to maintain acceptable heart-standards in your herd. That is what he's for, and that mare looks like a good one to utilize for that as well.

Your basic foal-cull program should include:
HGP below same gender parent = immediate cull
Scores higher than both parents with BR color less than both = immediate cull

Your basic test-program (for heart) should include:
Foals that blow both parents or same gender parent away = train & test
Foals that have outstanding score versus BR color outcome, but somewhat mediocre or 'average' HGP outcome = train & test

For the heart program, if you're popping what seems like a lot of these, then pick and choose which one you think will likely 'do the best' and stick to just one or two. Popping a lot of outstanding foals generally (but doesn't always) mean you're still on the right track.
Ok! That answered all my questions! Thanks so much! :D :D
Thank You!

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Star Meadows wrote:...
Your club Foundation Horse is prepared. He has good heart, I wanted to offer you strong heart at least, but with this stud, I'm actually not sure where he's lacking. I think it's the combination of scores and BR that's just not quite lined up right. Otherwise, he's right within the requirements I've set for your herd. Should you choose to forgo him and await another request, I don't know and can't promise when the next one will come, included in this is a bump to the end of the line for fulfillment. If you choose to bump yourself, the next one will be closer to your preferred options.

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 13, 2024 12:47 pm

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:47 pm