BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Spotted Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club

Post by BlackOak2 »

malella wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Not at all. Age is completely irrelevant in our evaluation.
As long as you are registered as the breeder and the horse has a competition record.
Winning competition record?
Any competition record. I and Leopard Horse need to see where your breeding skills are (through the horse you produced) and see where your horse's level is (through the competition record). So your horse doesn't even need to have a very good competition record. Though that is, of course, much better to see.

Local Competition records don't count. Only Player-Made competitions that show up in the competition record will count. We prefer racing-styled stock, but if your breeding skills are obvious, Leopard Horse and I might be able to make an exception. For instance, if you previously bred thoroughbred show jumping stock, but they competed beautifully and you want to break into thoroughbred racing stock, such a cross-over using our club might be achievable.

You will need two authorizations. One from myself and one from Leopard Horse, on the horse you offer for evaluation. We will be able to determine if you need help with the evaluation and how much you might need it, with your acceptance into the club (should you be accepted). So seeing where you are in your breeding skills and where your thoroughbreds are in their competition records are very important.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
malella
Visit My Farm

Post by malella »

BlackOak2 wrote:
malella wrote:
Any competition record. I and Leopard Horse need to see where your breeding skills are (through the horse you produced) and see where your horse's level is (through the competition record). So your horse doesn't even need to have a very good competition record. Though that is, of course, much better to see.

Local Competition records don't count. Only Player-Made competitions that show up in the competition record will count. We prefer racing-styled stock, but if your breeding skills are obvious, Leopard Horse and I might be able to make an exception. For instance, if you previously bred thoroughbred show jumping stock, but they competed beautifully and you want to break into thoroughbred racing stock, such a cross-over using our club might be achievable.

You will need two authorizations. One from myself and one from Leopard Horse, on the horse you offer for evaluation. We will be able to determine if you need help with the evaluation and how much you might need it, with your acceptance into the club (should you be accepted). So seeing where you are in your breeding skills and where your thoroughbreds are in their competition records are very important.
Sorry for all the questions, this is my horse and I have many others at my farm but this is one I would like to present first: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2404879
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

malella wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Sorry for all the questions, this is my horse and I have many others at my farm but this is one I would like to present first: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2404879
Questions are fine. We're here to answer then after all. :mrgreen:

I, myself, have a question for you as I evaluate your stallion.
What were you aiming for with his breeding?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
malella
Visit My Farm

Post by malella »

BlackOak2 wrote:
malella wrote:

While breeding this horse I wanted Gold speed and Gold tempo balance agility and intelligence, I also was aiming for a high HGP. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

malella wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

While breeding this horse I wanted Gold speed and Gold tempo balance agility and intelligence, I also was aiming for a high HGP. :D
So you were not aiming for competition possibility, but rather how he looked 'on paper' (HGP, stat color, scores, BR comments, etc).

I'd like to see you enter him in some low-level player made racing competitions (racing, sprint racing, steeplechase)... only one or two of them will suffice. Can you manage that?

I will reevaluate him when those records appear.

As of this moment, I'm not overly thrilled about what I'm seeing, but that doesn't mean I'm not okaying your acceptance. It simply means that this horse is appearing to lack some of the things that would make your success rate in the club much easier.

I have another question. This question will not affect your acceptance or evaluation of your horse.
Are you looking to enter the club solely for the patterning of the thoroughbred horses? Or are you looking to breed into quality competing bloodstock?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
malella
Visit My Farm

Post by malella »

BlackOak2 wrote:
malella wrote:
So you were not aiming for competition possibility, but rather how he looked 'on paper' (HGP, stat color, scores, BR comments, etc).

I'd like to see you enter him in some low-level player made racing competitions (racing, sprint racing, steeplechase)... only one or two of them will suffice. Can you manage that?

As of this moment, I'm not overly thrilled about what I'm seeing, but that doesn't mean I'm not okaying your acceptance. It simply means that this horse is appearing to lack some of the things that would make your success rate in the club much easier.

I have another question. This question will not affect your acceptance or evaluation of your horse.
Are you looking to enter the club solely for the patterning of the thoroughbred horses? Or are you looking to breed into quality competing bloodstock?
I will enter him in some low-level player racing comps and I wanted gold because when it is gold they are good at that and I would love to breed quality competing bloodstock.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

malella wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I will enter him in some low-level player racing comps and I wanted gold because when it is gold they are good at that and I would love to breed quality competing bloodstock.
Remember that just because the horse looks good on paper, doesn't necessarily mean the horse will be good in competitions. Of course, having a good paper does certainly help. :mrgreen:

Just notes for when Leopard Horse looks over this.
So a breeder of the bloodstock and not necessarily a competitor. So likely a more of a supplier for the club members.

Appears to lack heart. Completely untrained. May or may not be from that.

Confo scores acceptable.
BR acceptable.
HGP average when paired with BR and scores.
More colored stats perhaps then I would first expect.

Horse itself appears bred well for the paper aspect --> which appears what was intended.

Awaiting further competition record to complete evaluation.
Competition record evaluation: Though completely untrained, is still achieving times in sprint that tell of a potential talent. Doesn't appear to have talent in steeple or harness, racing there is no record at the time I'm evaluating.

Final evaluation summary: Will likely need strong heart bloodstock. Will likely also need guidance into appropriate body form for club standards as well as breeding stock, what to look for, what parents to match.
I'm fine with the acceptance. We still cannot yet offer bloodstock to our members, but we are close. So aid will still be limited.

Edited to finish evaluation (competition record).
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Leopard Horse wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:...
Elaina_Brewster wrote:....
mlloftus wrote:...
Renegade Pegasus wrote:...
I've put this boy up for stud for anyone that's interested. He's only 25% TB but offers nice pattern spread on a black base. His stats are low, but he scores well for what he has.

He's listed at $15k, but I'll lower the price for any club members that want to use him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
I've put this boy up for stud for anyone that's interested. He's only 25% TB but offers nice pattern spread on a black base. His stats are low, but he scores well for what he has.

He's listed at $15k, but I'll lower the price for any club members that want to use him.
:shock: Oh! He's quite the looker!
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
malella
Visit My Farm

Post by malella »

BlackOak2 wrote:
malella wrote:
Remember that just because the horse looks good on paper, doesn't necessarily mean the horse will be good in competitions. Of course, having a good paper does certainly help. :mrgreen:

Just notes for when Leopard Horse looks over this.
So a breeder of the bloodstock and not necessarily a competitor. So likely a more of a supplier for the club members.

Appears to lack heart. Completely untrained. May or may not be from that.

Confo scores acceptable.
BR acceptable.
HGP average when paired with BR and scores.
More colored stats perhaps then I would first expect.

Horse itself appears bred well for the paper aspect --> which appears what was intended.

Awaiting further competition record to complete evaluation.
Competition record evaluation: Though completely untrained, is still achieving times in sprint that tell of a potential talent. Doesn't appear to have talent in steeple or harness, racing there is no record at the time I'm evaluating.

Final evaluation summary: Will likely need strong heart bloodstock. Will likely also need guidance into appropriate body form for club standards as well as breeding stock, what to look for, what parents to match.
I'm fine with the acceptance. We still cannot yet offer bloodstock to our members, but we are close. So aid will still be limited.

Edited to finish evaluation (competition record).
Can you please ping me when you have made your decision. Please and thank you :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 11:24 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:24 pm