Community Forum

Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper! Current Stage: BABY IS HERE

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Take a journey with Silverine. Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper!

Post by BlackOak2 »

:D
Funny how these things fall into our laps. Serendipity isn't used enough.

Ooo... That could be a really good formal name for the foal. Hah!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Take a journey with Silverine. Operation: Let's have a real-life Knabstrupper!

Post by Silverine »

That would be a cute name. I also like the name Artemis for some reason. I put April 10th (ovulation day) into my old vet's foaling date calculator and came out with a potential due date of March 16th. That's five days before my niece. My niece's middle name is Floriana (for her grandmother) so I was also thinking maybe something like Flora to be linked to my niece but not so overtly as to share a name. :lol:

And that's all assuming a filly. (Can you guys tell that's what I'm hoping for?) I suppose I could use Artemis for a boy as well, but it makes me think of a filly. I'll have to come up with some boy names just in case.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Serendipitous Iana's Artemis

Whoops! That doesn't go together too well...

That's weird though, Artemis makes you think female? It makes me think male... but also duel.

And no, it's already been obvious what you're hoping for. :D But either, as long as it's breathing and healthy, it'll be good.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Yeah, when I hear Artemis I think of the Greek goddess of hunting. I don't know if that's where the name originated, but it's the main use for it that I know of. Apart from the Artemis Fowl novels, which I did read as a kid but never kept the gender association. Artemis would be in keeping with my archer theme: I already have Arrow (my older dog) and Rowan (younger dog, indirectly named after an archer in an old anime I used to watch), and Artemis is often depicted with a bow and arrow. Here's a picture of a statue of her:

Though looking at this description of her personality maybe I don't want a foal quite that fiery. :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hmm... Yes...
I know somewhere I connected Artemis to a male background, but... Can't remember or find it now.
Maybe it had something to do with the 'archer' and Sagittarius. That's the most likely connection.

And yes! I have a cat I adopted from another person. His original name was Osiris. And the first thing that came into my mind was 'Yeah... living in a house with a cat named after a god... Essentially living with a god-named cat... NOT going to happen.'
Because he wasn't just named osiris because it was a nice name, he was named AFTER the god.
-_- People get into trouble when they name people and things AFTER other's that have lived. It's a weird ... call it a superstition I have. And yet, it was developed after I watched all these things happen. :D
Needless to say, I changed his name.
Named him after a tree and the tree's mythology. :D Essentially, 'To know what is unknown.'
Worked well! Well, kind of... I won't get into that particular journey.

I think, no matter what names we come up with as Mojo continues her motherhood journey, that when the foal hits the ground, the name will come to you and it'll likely be different than whatever we may brainstorm here. She... or he will tell it to you as if they were speaking right to you. :mrgreen: That'll be my... Precognitive ... Reading. :lol:

Shh!! Don't tell anybody! :P
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
spottedleaf10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by spottedleaf10 »

Hey, maybe a male name could be Apollo or something: he is both the brother of Artemis and also associated with the bow and arrow, in greek mythology. *shrug* That's all I can think of :lol:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

(Major) Update!
This is a post I have been dying to make. I finally get to tell everyone:
PREGNANCY CONFIRMED!
I got the call yesterday but didn't have a pic until today so I waited to tell everyone. :D And here is the embryonic vesicle that will (hopefully) turn into a foal! (It's the black circle in the middle for those who don't know much about sonograms. ;))

Anyway - we're still at a pretty fragile stage but we're a h*ck of a lot further than we were last year. The first 30 days are the highest risk so I'm guarding hope until then but I can't deny that I'm insanely excited.

Our next checkup will be to look for a heartbeat! That checkup will be on May 10th at 10AM EDT.

I'll be bringing Mojo home on Monday and can't wait to see her!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:o
Ahahahaha!!!

Pintaloosa babe! :twisted:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Greenlands
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Greenlands »

Yay!!!
Greenlands

Breeder of Fabulous Mohawk Thoroughbreds!

In Business with Softball12345!

https://ibb.co/25q3vX2
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Pintaloosa would be beautiful! And I found out from a friend that it could be registered with PtHA if it's a pintaloosa. So that's nice! If it doesn't have tobi I'm going to look at getting it graded for the appendix Knabbie book.

Also, side note/update: I've added a photo gallery to the bottom of this post so that sonograms and other important photos don't get lost among the posts. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 am

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:11 am