Community Forum

Would anyone buy this 2yr old SMGC?

CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

Would anyone buy this 2yr old SMGC?

Post by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST »

If you would buy this horse for more then 10mil please ping me!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2501735
I want PT! :D :lol:
EDIT:7mil?
Last edited by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST on Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Would anyone buy this 2yr old SMGC?

Post by BlackOak2 »

CRUNCHY IS THE BEST wrote:If you would buy this horse for more then 10mil please ping me!
I want PT! :D
Please be aware, that this horse was at least partially force-pointed. So this horse is a 'force-pointed' SMGC and not a 'true' SMGC.
If you look at the barrel racing competitions for high-point winnings, one of the first one's you'll come across (currently on page 2) is this competition:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/compet ... ?edition=1
Which shows a huge amount of entries.
Though a couple of these styles of competitions on one competition record will not really be defined as 'force-pointing', there are numerous, repetitive and back-to-back competitions with the same title on this horse. Here is an example of one of these:

Please be aware of purchases and sale horses as well as studs. With these types of horses, further investigation will need to be done, in order to figure out what type and style of horse it is: is it really good at whatever sport it was entered in? Does it have the genes needed to become a good breeder? And even: Is this horse an adequate grinder?

However, I must say that both the barrel times and the pole times aren't all that poor. So this filly could have something in her genes. Of course, with times like hers, I would have hoped for and maybe even expected better heart.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST wrote:If you would buy this horse for more then 10mil please ping me!
I want PT! :D
Please be aware, that this horse was at least partially force-pointed. So this horse is a 'force-pointed' SMGC and not a 'true' SMGC.
If you look at the barrel racing competitions for high-point winnings, one of the first one's you'll come across (currently on page 2) is this competition:
Which shows a huge amount of entries.
Though a couple of these styles of competitions on one competition record will not really be defined as 'force-pointing', there are numerous, repetitive and back-to-back competitions with the same title on this horse. Here is an example of one of these:

Please be aware of purchases and sale horses as well as studs. With these types of horses, further investigation will need to be done, in order to figure out what type and style of horse it is: is it really good at whatever sport it was entered in? Does it have the genes needed to become a good breeder? And even: Is this horse an adequate grinder?

However, I must say that both the barrel times and the pole times aren't all that poor. So this filly could have something in her genes. Of course, with times like hers, I would have hoped for and maybe even expected better heart.
I just bought her. I have no idea what she was worth when I bought her but now I know she is worth more and was just asking what people would be willing to pay so... :shock:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

CRUNCHY IS THE BEST wrote:
I just bought her. I have no idea what she was worth when I bought her but now I know she is worth more and was just asking what people would be willing to pay so... :shock:
In my case, taking into account that I have no need for Akhal's... seeing what I see of her and her pedigree... seeing that there is one half-sibling that has acceptably competitive times in endurance, and that one shows better heart...

These are my thoughts, if I should consider to purchase her.
There does seem to be some sort of heart there, but exactly what it is, I can't say. She would have to likely be bred to a strong-heart stallion to ensure that what she does have, has a better chance to stick. She is a good color, potentially double black, which means that she would cross well into color projects. Her overall body form is not too bad. But her 'on-paper' for an all-rounder style is a little lacking. However, her score points when matched to her comments, for the most part, are acceptable. And I also see the stud, Waka Waka, is currently up for stud for $99. Which would bring me to the final conclusion that I would be willing to pay about 250k for her and likely (because I'm a bit of a cheapskate), I would offer no more than 175k max. And that's mainly because she's fully trained and does have some sort of a competition record.

Though she has some good points, there are others of like quality out there and I could fairly easily find another, if I didn't get her for the price I wanted. And that's without considering any special favors.

Those are my thoughts. And only mine. Others may value her much differently from me. The biggest difference is likely because I have no interest or need of Akhal's. If she was of a breed I needed, then I'd be much more willing to spend quite a bit more, but I'd also be expecting to loose a lot in the deal, because in that case, the need will outweigh my desire to ensure I don't pay for more than what the horse will eventually be worth in my barns.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST wrote:
In my case, taking into account that I have no need for Akhal's... seeing what I see of her and her pedigree... seeing that there is one half-sibling that has acceptably competitive times in endurance, and that one shows better heart...

These are my thoughts, if I should consider to purchase her.
There does seem to be some sort of heart there, but exactly what it is, I can't say. She would have to likely be bred to a strong-heart stallion to ensure that what she does have, has a better chance to stick. She is a good color, potentially double black, which means that she would cross well into color projects. Her overall body form is not too bad. But her 'on-paper' for an all-rounder style is a little lacking. However, her score points when matched to her comments, for the most part, are acceptable. And I also see the stud, Waka Waka, is currently up for stud for $99. Which would bring me to the final conclusion that I would be willing to pay about 250k for her and likely (because I'm a bit of a cheapskate), I would offer no more than 175k max. And that's mainly because she's fully trained and does have some sort of a competition record.

Though she has some good points, there are others of like quality out there and I could fairly easily find another, if I didn't get her for the price I wanted. And that's without considering any special favors.

Those are my thoughts. And only mine. Others may value her much differently from me. The biggest difference is likely because I have no interest or need of Akhal's. If she was of a breed I needed, then I'd be much more willing to spend quite a bit more, but I'd also be expecting to loose a lot in the deal, because in that case, the need will outweigh my desire to ensure I don't pay for more than what the horse will eventually be worth in my barns.
Thanks for your opinion. I will keep that in mind.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 pm