The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

This horse I met today

Malakai10
Visit My Farm

This horse I met today

Post by Malakai10 »

I just felt that I absolutely had to tell you all about this horse I met today, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but I'll try to get some at some point.

So, I went riding today and the stable-yard owner has rescued a new OTTB gelding. He is the most gorgeous horse I have ever laid eyes upon. He had this very fine, black coat (slightly tinted brown) with a bright white blaze and three stockings (one front left (I think) and two back) which were slightly yellow from dirt but still an absolutely exquisite appearance. He had this very elegant and noble head and a light, lean body*. He's basically what I imagine a medieval courser of a very high-class nobility would look like.

So, yeah, I just really had to tell you about this gorgeous horse and I'll try to get pictures because everyone deserves to be able to set eyes upon such beauty.

* he's not going to be lean for long, though - my SYO does not like lean horses - he'll be healthily round very soon, let me promise you! But not fat. To put into perspective how my SYO likes the horse's weight: my thoroughbred was mistaken for a warmblood because he was so muscular and all around Not Thin.

** also, this poor baby is very nervous so an acquaintance of mine is playing with him and desensitizing him and I hope the poor dear gets his confidence back soon but I'm sure he will because my SYO is a very sensible lady who Knows Horses

*** interesting fact, my SYO has had like, one case of colic in all of the horses boarded there since she moved her there (which I think is two decades? If not more) and I am Very Impressed

**** but I'll get picture when/if I can

EDIT

This picture is from when he was much younger. I'm not sure if I just couldn't properly see his markings when I first saw him or if his leg markings just got bigger as he aged as those are clearly socks! Pictures don't do this horse justice.

Also, get this: the racing people whop owned him before wanted to put him down because 'he's impossible to control' and 'dangerous'. He is such a sweet horse. Clearly, they don't know how to handle horses because he is such a brave and clever sweetheart.
Last edited by Malakai10 on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: This horse I met today

Post by KYTrainer »

Malakai10 wrote:I just felt that I absolutely had to tell you all about this horse I met today, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but I'll try to get some at some point.

So, I went riding today and the stable-yard owner has rescued a new OTTB gelding. He is the most gorgeous horse I have ever laid eyes upon. He had this very fine, black coat (slightly tinted brown) with a bright white blaze and three stockings (one front left (I think) and two back) which were slightly yellow from dirt but still an absolutely exquisite appearance. He had this very elegant and noble head and a light, lean body*. He's basically what I imagine a medieval courser of a very high-class nobility would look like.

So, yeah, I just really had to tell you about this gorgeous horse and I'll try to get pictures because everyone deserves to be able to set eyes upon such beauty.

* he's not going to be lean for long, though - my SYO does not like lean horses - he'll be healthily round very soon, let me promise you! But not fat. To put into perspective how my SYO likes the horse's weight: my thoroughbred was mistaken for a warmblood because he was so muscular and all around Not Thin.

** also, this poor baby is very nervous so an acquaintance of mine is playing with him and desensitizing him and I hope the poor dear gets his confidence back soon but I'm sure he will because my SYO is a very sensible lady who Knows Horses

*** interesting fact, my SYO has had like, one case of colic in all of the horses boarded there since she moved her there (which I think is two decades? If not more) and I am Very Impressed

He sounds stunning! A few years ago I had a retired seal brown TB from a nearby racetrack, his name was Moses (Amos Moses was his racing name).He was the sweetest thing! He was also really tall, about 17 hands! I was really young, so my dad had to help me mount him :lol:
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

KYTrainer wrote:
Malakai10 wrote:I just felt that I absolutely had to tell you all about this horse I met today, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but I'll try to get some at some point.

He sounds stunning! A few years ago I had a retired seal brown TB from a nearby racetrack, his name was Moses (Amos Moses was his racing name).He was the sweetest thing! He was also really tall, about 17 hands! I was really young, so my dad had to help me mount him :lol:
:lol: That just makes me think of the time my mum gave me a leg up onto Malakai... and vaulted me right over him. I was very grumpy, covered in sand and without even an injury to show for it!
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

Malakai10 wrote:
KYTrainer wrote: He sounds stunning! A few years ago I had a retired seal brown TB from a nearby racetrack, his name was Moses (Amos Moses was his racing name).He was the sweetest thing! He was also really tall, about 17 hands! I was really young, so my dad had to help me mount him :lol:
:lol: That just makes me think of the time my mum gave me a leg up onto Malakai... and vaulted me right over him. I was very grumpy, covered in sand and without even an injury to show for it!
:lol: That happened to me too many times! I feel your pain, you can’t even brag or show someone your “battle scar” from the incident.
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundering Horses »

Sounds nice!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Malakai10 wrote:...
I'm sort of able to picture the horse in my head. Sounds, and looks like from what I can picture, really awesome! Let me know when you get a photo to show! :D
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Malakai10 wrote:...
I'm sort of able to picture the horse in my head. Sounds, and looks like from what I can picture, really awesome! Let me know when you get a photo to show! :D
I will!
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

KYTrainer wrote:.
PeacefulOreo wrote:.
Thundering Horses wrote:.
Got a picture! It's in the first post.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Malakai10 wrote:
KYTrainer wrote:.
PeacefulOreo wrote:.
Thundering Horses wrote:.
Got a picture! It's in the first post.
Woah, so beautiful! :D

Yeah, it's better to see in person than to see it in picture but even then, he looks awesome! Yeah, who on earth would want to put down such a beautiful horse?
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm

Post by AHorseandPonyLover »

Malakai10 wrote:
Wow!

He looks so stunning and elegant! :o
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

"If you look into the eyes of a Horse, you won't just see a Horse, you will see life, love and determination."

~Proud Breeder Of ALL Horses/Breeds~
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 am