Community Forum

Temperment

Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Temperment

Post by Hidalgo »

Does someone know where I can find that list that shows what temperment and weight is best for each category of competition? I've looked all over for it and had no luck.
Last edited by Hidalgo on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strawberry Unicorn
Visit My Farm

Re: Temperment

Post by Strawberry Unicorn »

Hidalgo wrote:Does someone know where I can find that list that shows what temperment is best for each category of competition? I've looked all over for it and had no luck.
there isn't really one specific temperament. I have personally found my bombproof horses better but that could be because of the breed, comp discipline, age, and whatnot
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Strawberry Unicorn wrote:
Hidalgo wrote:Does someone know where I can find that list that shows what temperment is best for each category of competition? I've looked all over for it and had no luck.
there isn't really one specific temperament. I have personally found my bombproof horses better but that could be because of the breed, comp discipline, age, and whatnot
Huh, okay. I thought for sure I remembered seeing one. Generally lines that are completely bombproof don't do as well for me in competitions so generally I rehome foals born with that temperment. I was thinking High Strung did better at racing and such but Bombproof was fine for log pull and those sorts of competitions.
Strawberry Unicorn
Visit My Farm

Post by Strawberry Unicorn »

Hidalgo wrote:
Strawberry Unicorn wrote: there isn't really one specific temperament. I have personally found my bombproof horses better but that could be because of the breed, comp discipline, age, and whatnot
Huh, okay. I thought for sure I remembered seeing one. Generally lines that are completely bombproof don't do as well for me in competitions so generally I rehome foals born with that temperment. I was thinking High Strung did better at racing and such but Bombproof was fine for log pull and those sorts of competitions.
hm now i want to do a study on that lol
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

yeah, so high strung for racing disciplines, spirited is fine too, and bomb for the things you imagine belgians doing, that works :)
Hidalgo wrote:
Strawberry Unicorn wrote: there isn't really one specific temperament. I have personally found my bombproof horses better but that could be because of the breed, comp discipline, age, and whatnot
"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Hidalgo wrote:Does someone know where I can find that list that shows what temperment and weight is best for each category of competition? I've looked all over for it and had no luck.
If you click on the question mark in the feeding section and scroll down it shows the best weights and the list of temperaments is in the first link in my farm page
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hidalgo wrote:Does someone know where I can find that list that shows what temperment and weight is best for each category of competition? I've looked all over for it and had no luck.
Not perfect, there are some corrections that need to be made. And there are others out there, a few directly on stable pages. But this is one of the first and linked directly to my quicklinks for quick access:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11683
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Sea Fire
Visit My Farm

Post by Sea Fire »

High Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:

Cutting

Hunter

Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:

Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance
KYLEIGH396
Visit My Farm

Post by KYLEIGH396 »

There is everything you need in here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11683
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

KYLEIGH396 wrote:
There is everything you need in here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11683
Thank you!!! This is the post I was looking for!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am