Community Forum

ENDURANCE LEARNING AND FINDING

Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

ENDURANCE LEARNING AND FINDING

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2718827

Omg the color! Hoping he doesn’t exceed 17.0hh as I’m trying to shorten the overall heard!
Last edited by Ms. Trouble Maker on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Sooty mouse Dun dapple!!!

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2718827

Omg the color! Hoping he doesn’t exceed 17.0hh as I’m trying to shorten the overall heard!
Here's a basic mock-up for born heights versus adult heights. It's not finished, but it'll give you an idea.

Born Inches---Adult Height (hh)
23---9.2
24---10
25---10.1
28---11.3
30---12.3
31---13
33---13.3
34---14.1

Born Hands---Adult Height
9---14.3
9.1---15.1
10---16.2
10.1---16.3
10.2---17.1
10.3---17.3
11.3---19

Born Inches---Adult Inches
18---30
20---34

So far the height has been within a point either slightly taller or shorter than what I have, so a 9 hand newborn could be a 14.3 or 15 hand adult, somewhere in that range. I don't have the range for the inch adults though, I only have a very small sample of them just yet.

Plus, in the first year, most of the growth will have already occurred, so much so, that in the remaining 4 years as little as 2 hands can be remaining. After 2 years, you can add about 1 hand onto the top of current growth. That will offer you an estimate of where you are. At 3 years, add about 2 points onto the growth (so 14 hand will be 14.2 hand) and in the last year of growth, a single point. It's not entirely accurate, but it will give you an estimate.

Once I get back around to the sampling, I'll eventually make up a chart that will estimate heights for the community. As usual, :D I've gotten sidetracked. :lol:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

By the way, your horse will be 'well' over 17 hands.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2718827

Here's a basic mock-up for born heights versus adult heights. It's not finished, but it'll give you an idea.

Born Inches---Adult Height (hh)
23---9.2
24---10
25---10.1
28---11.3
30---12.3
31---13
33---13.3
34---14.1

Born Hands---Adult Height
9---14.3
9.1---15.1
10---16.2
10.1---16.3
10.2---17.1
10.3---17.3
11.3---19

Born Inches---Adult Inches
18---30
20---34

So far the height has been within a point either slightly taller or shorter than what I have, so a 9 hand newborn could be a 14.3 or 15 hand adult, somewhere in that range. I don't have the range for the inch adults though, I only have a very small sample of them just yet.

Plus, in the first year, most of the growth will have already occurred, so much so, that in the remaining 4 years as little as 2 hands can be remaining. After 2 years, you can add about 1 hand onto the top of current growth. That will offer you an estimate of where you are. At 3 years, add about 2 points onto the growth (so 14 hand will be 14.2 hand) and in the last year of growth, a single point. It's not entirely accurate, but it will give you an estimate.

Once I get back around to the sampling, I'll eventually make up a chart that will estimate heights for the community. As usual, :D I've gotten sidetracked. :lol:
Ok! So I’m looking at 9-10hh at birth.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:
Hmm... that doesn't seem right...
According to the evaluation, 17.3 to 18.1 is the prospective adult height, which means your horse was likely foaled somewhere in the range of 10.3 hands.

Unless some foals have a longer... or is that taller?... growth span than others. So far with a couple different bloodlines I haven't come across that much range, but I suppose it could theoretically be possible.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:
According to the evaluation, 17.3 to 18.1 is the prospective adult height, which means your horse was likely foaled somewhere in the range of 10.3 hands.

Unless some foals have a longer... or is that taller?... growth span than others. So far with a couple different bloodlines I haven't come across that much range, but I suppose it could theoretically be possible.
Well I mean I’m looking to have folks born at 9-10hh and that’s it. Newborns that goal at 10.2 and 11 probably need to be regimes at that point. Unless I get some stellar secretariat remark! Lol but I have alllll ya studs with secretariat remarks on my separate profile. So they don’t age. While I work on and perfect the height, build and performance for endurance. Maybe breed some on the shorter 14hh side that way when I breed to my other studs the chance of goals growing to be like 16hh is pretty good.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Well I mean I’m looking to have folks born at 9-10hh and that’s it. Newborns that goal at 10.2 and 11 probably need to be regimes at that point. Unless I get some stellar secretariat remark! Lol but I have alllll ya studs with secretariat remarks on my separate profile. So they don’t age. While I work on and perfect the height, build and performance for endurance. Maybe breed some on the shorter 14hh side that way when I breed to my other studs the chance of goals growing to be like 16hh is pretty good.

Hah! :lol: NOW your statement makes more sense! I was reading it as you were saying your horse was born between 9 and 10 hands and NOT that you should be aiming for 9 and 10 hands! :mrgreen:

Now that I read that from this different angle, YES, you should be aiming for about 9-10 hand newborns! :lol: :mrgreen:

For want of direction-ality a simple phrase can move from false to true! 8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Ok!! Sooooo with the endurance. I’m starting to conclude that maybe 17hh is the sweet spot! But to hold that to me yet. I have a tall horses that seem to do well. Ok but the 20.00hh ones don’t do as well. But now I have a 16hh one with pretty good stats!!! And he sucks!!! 44% win! But now I have him at the very thin level weighing about 1,090lbs. Maybe I need to try racing him at 1,400lbs which would put him at moderately thin and see how he does. Maybe the weight is as much factor too???

Check both these horses out and you’ll see what I mean. And they both have decent stats, but drastic competition showings.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2720508

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2720064
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Re: ENDURANCE LEARNING AND FINDING

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote: Ping!
Hello... not to overtake this topic, but a big thanks for the chart - will come in very handy! :)
look forward to seeing the final edition!!!

Royale
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ENDURANCE LEARNING AND FINDING

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Ping!
Hello... not to overtake this topic, but a big thanks for the chart - will come in very handy! :)
look forward to seeing the final edition!!!

Royale
It will be awhile yet, but I'll get to it eventually, if somebody doesn't beat me to it! :lol:

By the way, I've attached this topic to my quicklinks under the new competitions study section. It's interesting and I, personally, want to keep up on it. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm