Community Forum

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So it's been a while since posting about my ice skating lessons and such. I'm currently at the Adult Level 3/Adult Level 4, the two foot turns are slowly coming along and once I can fully master those, I should be able to be completely Adult Level 4. I'm now into all kinds of advanced stuff. I've been doing/working on forward pumps on a circle (both directions), backwards pumps on a circle (both directions), forward inside edges (both left and right), forward outside edges (both left and right), backwards inside edges (both left and right), backwards outside edges (both left and right), backwards stroking, hockey stops (both directions), the backwards snowplow stop, and forward crossovers (both directions/both left and right). It's amazing to look back to the first time I attempted to ice skate on December 24th, 2019 (I started taking lessons in January of 2020) and compare that to what I'm doing now. Back then, I couldn't even skate forward without needing something to hold onto and now I'm doing all kinds of advanced moves and still continuing to practice, master, and learn advanced moves.

EDIT (2 / 15 / 2020): "Website/Blog" link
Last edited by PeacefulOreo on Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Re: All the ice skating updates

Post by h0rsey »

PeacefulOreo wrote:So it's been a while since posting about my ice skating lessons and such. I'm currently at the Adult Level 3/Adult Level 4, the two foot turns are slowly coming along and once I can fully master those, I should be able to be completely Adult Level 4. I'm now into all kinds of advanced stuff. I've been doing/working on forward pumps on a circle (both directions), backwards pumps on a circle (both directions), forward inside edges (both left and right), forward outside edges (both left and right), backwards inside edges (both left and right), backwards outside edges (both left and right), backwards stroking, hockey stops (both directions), the backwards snowplow stop, and forward crossovers (both directions/both left and right). It's amazing to look back to the first time I attempted to ice skate on December 24th, 2019 (I started taking lessons in January of 2020) and compare that to what I'm doing now. Back then, I couldn't even skate forward without needing something to hold onto and now I'm doing all kinds of advanced moves and still continuing to practice, master, and learn advanced moves.
Wow! Congrats :)
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

h0rsey wrote:Wow! Congrats :)
Thanks! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hah!
What a journey so far!
I can imagine each of those maneuvers... I think... Not quite like ballet where the french words leave you scratching your head. :lol:

After learning all of these steps... what's after that?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:Hah!
What a journey so far!
I can imagine each of those maneuvers... I think... Not quite like ballet where the french words leave you scratching your head. :lol:

:lol:

The plan is, once I've passed all 6 Adult levels, to learn some figure skating elements/moves.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Hah!
What a journey so far!

The plan is, once I've passed all 6 Adult levels, to learn some figure skating elements/moves.
Oooo!
I know you'll keep us updated. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:

Oooo!
I know you'll keep us updated. :D
Yup! :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So onto Adult Level 4!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:o
Congrats!
Did the singing work? :P
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote::o
Congrats!
Did the singing work? :P
Thanks! :D

Lol, I was a little too distracted with concentrating my lesson (working on improving my backwards one foot glides, forward crossovers, and two foot spins) and with a certain someone who I wasn't expecting to be there as an instructor.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 pm