Community Forum

AN ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ

_TBLegacy_
Visit My Farm

AN ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

Recently their has been problems with players using other players private studs, and this is an issue that NEEDS to be discussed. Many players get very upset when their best stud has been used by someone other then themselves or the player they are allowing him to be studded to. I will not personally call anyone out for any of the following behavior, as I want them to receive no hate.

If you see a stud up for stud and it says "Private" or any thing indicating it is a private stud DO NOT USE IT. In a argument a few months ago a player had a stud up for sale and asked the other players to not use her stud again. The player did not demand they pay her, re home the foal, or give them the foal, She simply asked them to just not to do that again and pay better attention to horses stud listing. One of the players that used the private stud responded "Hey- If it is a private stud, why is it listed publically? I saw that it said private, but because it was posted publically I assumed that it was public temporarily. You may want to clarify that in your posting." As most of use know that the approving mare option is not yet available, the player was informed about this and was still up set and felt it was the studs owners fault. SOOO the lesson form this is dont get angry if you used a private stud and get asked not to do it again. The Studs owner handled this situation as it should be handled, and even when the user of the stud got angry still remained calm and did not get upset. So if you use a private stud be careful and check to make sure it is not a private stud you can do this by ping or Private Message if you have a Premium Account, or if you know it is a private stud you can ask if you can use it, but don't be upset if they say no.

NOW I have seen many people get defensive over other people using their private studs and getting angry. A bad example of this (Which happens often, and I will not be quoting their words exactly so i dont get attacked). A player had a stud up that was private and another player used the stud when it was clearly marked private and not to use. The owner of the stud told the player to either re-home the foal or sell it to them. THIS IS NEVER the right way to go about it. I understand that the stud is your horse and your private lines and you don't want anyone else to use it, yes I get it. Instead you can inform them that the stud they used was private and NOT to use it again and make sure they check to see if it a private stud. You could ask if they would sell it to you (NEVER ASK THEM TO RE-HOME) if they did want to keep it not sell the foal to anyone else or if it is a colt up for private stud. I WILL REPEAT NEVER PUT THE PLAYER IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY WILL ALWAYS LOOSE THE FOAL. It could make the player feel defensive.

A few weeks ago another player spoke about purposely using private studs just to start drama. Players can get banned from doing this as this against the rules and is considered starting drama. Be a decent human being and not do this.

Another play spoke to me about this issue these are their words quoted and from what I learned about the situation is true. " Once I did put my horse for stud so I can use him from my other account WITHOUT AGING HIM and I wrote PRIVATE STUD PLEASE DONT USE but still some players didn't bother to ask or pay attention to what I said and they bred their mares to my stud not 1 not 2 but 10 times before I even get the time to use it! and i had to AGE HIM so I can breed my mare to him. I said nothing to the player because they have the right to use it in the rules way (since nothing bans it in the rules and the mare approval thing isn't working yet) but i got upset for like 2 mins and forgot about it just not to make drama!"

SO THIS IS YOU ANNOUNCEMENT THANKS, AND NO MATTER WHICH SIDE OF ISSUE YOU ARE ONE ALWAYS RESPECT THE OTHER PERSON.
Thank You-
_TBLegacy_
Last edited by _TBLegacy_ on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Opal_and
Visit My Farm

Re: AN ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ

Post by Opal_and »

_TBLegacy_ wrote:..
I 100% agree! I've seen people "bragging" in chat about how they used someone's private stud! I have also heard people say they do it because "sometimes I like to make people upset"! It's very upsetting that our community cannot trust each other to follow one simple request and respect others. I have also seen stud owners demand the foal, money, the foal to be rehomed, and a mix. Really hoping they add approved mares only soon!
_TBLegacy_
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

Opal_and_Voidy wrote:
_TBLegacy_ wrote:..
I 100% agree! I've seen people "bragging" in chat about how they used someone's private stud! I have also heard people say they do it because "sometimes I like to make people upset"! It's very upsetting that our community cannot trust each other to follow one simple request and respect others. I have also seen stud owners demand the foal, money, the foal to be rehomed, and a mix. Really hoping they add approved mares only soon!
I agree with what you said and I forgot about the using Private studs on purpose, this all needs to be talked about and being overly defensive over private lines and forcing other players into giving the foal to the stud owner is horrible and bad behviour and makes for a toxic environment.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

I 100% agree with this. Both sides need to be respectful and polite! Also do not use the private stud just to make the other player upset, this is considered as someone instigating drama/issues.
_TBLegacy_
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

PeacefulOreo wrote:I 100% agree with this. Both sides need to be respectful and polite! Also do not use the private stud just to make the other player upset, this is considered as someone instigating drama/issues.
Yup, i know the using private stud on purpose was a big issue a few weeks ago and you are right everyone needs to remain respectful of others no matter whos horse it was or who studded the horse
simox
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by simox »

_TBLegacy_ wrote: I agree!! and will tell this story so others can learn from it! Once I did put my horse for stud so I can use him from my other account WITHOUT AGING HIM and I wrote PRIVATE STUD PLEASE DONT USE but still some players didn't bother to ask or pay attention to what I said and they bred their mares to my stud not 1 not 2 but 10 times before I even get the time to use it! and i had to AGE HIM so I can breed my mare to him. I said nothing to the player because they have the right to use it in the rules way (since nothing bans it in the rules and the mare approval thing isn't working yet) but i got upset for like 2 mins and forgot about it just not to make drama!
In conclusion if you want to put a stud for private just transfer him to your account and use him!! There is no rules that stop them of doing it and some players doesn't have the manners to ask or even be sorry abt it!
ArabianFantic
Visit My Farm

Post by ArabianFantic »

100% agree.
Thankyou,
ArabianFantic
Breeder of Quality Purebred Arabians
_TBLegacy_
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

ArabianFantic wrote:100% agree.
we need to work together to solve this issue.
Star Meadows
Visit My Farm

Post by Star Meadows »

_TBLegacy_ wrote:
ArabianFantic wrote:100% agree.
we need to work together to solve this issue.
100%
Runny Babbit
Visit My Farm

Post by Runny Babbit »

I agree completely
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 pm