Community Forum

Tell me your horse stories!

horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: Tell me your horse stories!

Post by horsegirl008 »

9272bunbun wrote:
Tom wrote:Hello everyone, I need your horse stories!
Please tell me about your real-life interactions with horses.

Did your horse do something funny? Sad? Unexpected?
Was there a problem with your horse? How did you solve it?
Did you work through a training issue? Riding issue? Tack issue? Tell me about it!

I need everything from small simple things to big ordeals that took years to solve.

Please include details like what kind of horse, what discipline, etc.

Thank you!
I know you said to tell a story but my story is just starting, I can ride really well, but I have never had a horse of my own. I am only a teen so I can't just go and buy a horse for myself. my instructor just bought a 17.1hh bay thoroughbred gelding named paddy and I have fallen in love! He is so so sweet and he loves hugs, my only problem is that she is training him and then selling him for $10,000 to $15,000 and that I devastating because I love him and my family can not afford a horse right now. But whatever my journey with horses looks like, I am sure it will be great!
That's so cool! I'm teen also, meaning I also can't go out and flat-out buy a horse even though I have a job at my barn :lol: I can't WAIT to get my own full-size horse someday (the reason I say full-size horse is bc I have 2 mini horses)!!!
hores230
Visit My Farm

Post by hores230 »

Hi
page_foreyt847
Visit My Farm

Post by page_foreyt847 »

My mom is a andalusian/fresian breeder, and she owns about twenty-three or twenty-four horses, including our newest edition, Indie-who can be triple registered. Though, recently, our andalusian stallion, Pegaso, died. We own a huge campground, too! I love to share about these kind of things, so I'll stop now. :D
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

This year I'm working as a farmhand in exchange for board and exercising the horses in exchange for the use of Bryce (paint/TB) on the Eventing team at my school!
He had no prior jumping experience despite being 15 so it's been a good test of my skill to "start" a horse now that I actually have the confidence and experience to jump. We're currently working on 2' and small combinations. My goal for the year is to take him to this unrated one-day show literally five minutes away from the barn in June (planning on doing Starter, which is 2'-2'3 max). He's an absolute sweetheart and it's good to have a horse to work with, now that my sister is the main person working with Zippy.
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

deleted
Last edited by Diamond Filly on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
horsegirl008_freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008_freezer »

Hannah771 wrote:This is in REAL LIFE, not in Horse World Online:
I am a new horse rider. The first time that I wasn't led on a horse was in June 2022. Anyway, as I rode her more and more (we board her at our place, her name is Flair) she began to test me. If I trotted her she would try to move off the trail. If I loped her she would begin to gallop. One time when she had moved from canter to gallop without my command and I was pulling on her to stop, she turned sharp and I was almost flung out of the saddle! Anyway, I got tired of riding that disobediant horse. My mother was a trainer when she was in her teens, an AMAZING horse trainer, and she had told many stories. I knew that Flair needed to do lots of stopping and backing.

Finally, I bought my own horse in October. She is a 1 1/2 year old 1/4 Arabian and 3/4 Quarter Horse, a filly with a Diamond blaze down her forehead. Her name was Diamond when I bought her. She is in training right now, by myself and my mom. I am to get on her for the first time in July 2023. Wish me good luck! :)
That is SO cool!!! Good luck :)
I wish I could have my own horse to ride, but I do have 2 minis, one that I show <3
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

horsegirl008_freezer wrote:
Hannah771 wrote:This is in REAL LIFE, not in Horse World Online:
I am a new horse rider. The first time that I wasn't led on a horse was in June 2022. Anyway, as I rode her more and more (we board her at our place, her name is Flair) she began to test me. If I trotted her she would try to move off the trail. If I loped her she would begin to gallop. One time when she had moved from canter to gallop without my command and I was pulling on her to stop, she turned sharp and I was almost flung out of the saddle! Anyway, I got tired of riding that disobediant horse. My mother was a trainer when she was in her teens, an AMAZING horse trainer, and she had told many stories. I knew that Flair needed to do lots of stopping and backing.

Finally, I bought my own horse in October. She is a 1 1/2 year old 1/4 Arabian and 3/4 Quarter Horse, a filly with a Diamond blaze down her forehead. Her name was Diamond when I bought her. She is in training right now, by myself and my mom. I am to get on her for the first time in July 2023. Wish me good luck! :)
That is SO cool!!! Good luck :)
I wish I could have my own horse to ride, but I do have 2 minis, one that I show <3
Nice!
horsegirl008_freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008_freezer »

Hannah771 wrote:
horsegirl008_freezer wrote: That is SO cool!!! Good luck :)
Nice!
:) Forgot to mention that I have been riding dressage at my local barn for a few years now, so that counts for something :lol:
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

horsegirl008_freezer wrote:
Hannah771 wrote: Nice!
:) Forgot to mention that I have been riding dressage at my local barn for a few years now, so that counts for something :lol:
:D :)
Queen of animals
Visit My Farm

Post by Queen of animals »

Tom wrote:Hello everyone, I need your horse stories!
Please tell me about your real life interactions with horses.

Did your horse do something funny? Sad? Unexpected?
Was there a problem with your horse? How did you solve it?
Did you work through a training issue? Riding issue? Tack issue? Tell me about it!

I need everything from small simple things to big ordeals that took years to solve.

Please include details like what kind of horse, what discipline, etc.

Thank you!

Ok, I will try and make it short!

One day me and my horse (named Hermso) were in the wash section of the barn because there was a show coming up!
He looked like a gray pinto :lol: (He was a white horse) so I went to go get the soap it wasn't there the shampoo and conditioner wasn't there either, so I put him back in the paddock and when to get soap, shampoo and conditioner I had to go to 9 different horse stores to find any! when I came back he was covered in mud, it had rained and his beautiful WHITE mane and tail were also gray/black! It took me 9 and A HALF hours to wash his body mane, tail and polish his hooves! But it was worth it he was the beautiful white horse, I have had since he was a colt with his flowy mane and tail! I woke up at 4:30 am to go get him and get to the show but when I got to his stable the stable door was GONE and I don't mean just on the floor I mean HALF WAY ACROSS THE PADDOCK how he managed to do THAT I don't know! It didn't take long to find him because of the tracks he left on the lovely NEWLY planted grass! When I got to him he looked like a gray pinto again :lol: I am laughing now but I wasn't then!

Breed: Akhal-Teke
Resolve: I went to the show with a pinto looking horse and the barn handers fixed the barn door for me!
QOA Horsey Friend forever
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm