Community Forum

Horpse's Horror Hangout

Horpse
Visit My Farm

Horpse's Horror Hangout

Post by Horpse »

Welcome to
Horpse's Horror Hangout
A hangout where you can tell your creepiest, strangest, or spine-shivering occurences.
Proceed, if you dare..

I can bookmark your stories in the INDEX so people can find them easier!
Feel free to leave comments below, just don't quote this forum

Index
Paranoia - Horpse
The Printer - Horpse
Sighting - Horpse
Christmas Search Party
Bedside Neighbor - Horpse
6-foot Man - Sky King
Hand - Gabby Woodlark
Lights - Iris Rock Stables
Scratching, The War Captain, Aliens? - horsegirl008
Last edited by Horpse on Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: Horpse's Horror Stories

Post by Sunriver Stables »

I'm so excited for this! :)
Thank You!
"A dog may be a man's bestfriend, but the horse wrote history" ~ Unknown

Horpse
Visit My Farm

Re: Horpse's Horror Stories #1

Post by Horpse »

#1 Paranoia
It was a rainy night in the year of 2011, my family had just moved into a 2-story Minnesota home. I can still remember the stench of wet carpet and the terrible leakage the house had in the attic. The layout was also quite strange. The front door led to the stairs to the 2nd floor, and to the left of that was the kitchen, then it would lead into the living room. The only pristine looking things in the house was the fake marbled countertops and the clashing-white cabinets. The walls were painted a pitch black color, giving off this eerie yet embiggening vibe.
I was 8 at the time and wasn't so much of a heavy loader. My parents ended up doing the unpacking for me and my siblings. When we were done we settled down on the coach to watch some Oscar's Oasis. It was a kid show I loved back then.
"Hailia!" My mom shouted.
"Yeah?!" I replied back. We were both on opposite levels and couldn't really hear each other, hence why we were shouting.
"When your done watching TV, make sure to check the doors!"
"Okay Ma!" My family had a tendency to check all the doors before we go to sleep just to make sure no one tried jiggling the knobs and actually get in.
It was almost 2AM, and I had finished binging DIgimons. At that point, I was super tired. Since the living room was so dark, I struggled to find my way to the switch for light. I wasn't scared of the dark, and I still aren't, but there was this deep-guttering feeling I got from it. It was so silent, I could hear the snores from my families through the vents, the slightest of creaks from the walls, and the pitter pattering of the pail we put in the attic. It was like the whole house was living.
I remembered feeling anxious for once, so many sounds at the same time. Then.. I turned to see a silhouette of a black figure slightly poking from the curtains. My heart nearly dropped. I couldn't breathe and couldn't move. Was I, in a dream?
"Please be a dream" I cried in my head. It was just there. Not moving or making any sounds. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. The creaking became faster, the noise of silence became louder, and the distant snoring was no longer heard. I collapsed.
The next day I was found on the floor sleeping in the hallway connecting the kitchen to the living room. I was absolutely shaken and ice-cold when I was woken up. I told my parents about the incident, about how everything seemed to be alive all at once. My dad didn't care, but my mom was concerned. I wasn't allowed to stay up for 2 weeks at or past midnight. My mom told me it was a 'bad' omen if I did.

Paranoia, By Horpse.

I didn't know what I had at the time, but as I grew older I found out I had super bad anxiety when I was alone. I don't feel anything when I'm alone and distracted, but when it's just me, the dark, and silence, I could end up growing a fever and faint on spot. This memory stuck with my for years, and due to my anxiety I ended up seeing things that weren't actually what I thought they were. I learned later there was actually a drill bit behind the curtains, which was the so called 'figure' looking at me. Thanks dad.
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Re: Horpse's Horror Stories #2

Post by Horpse »

#2 The Printer
It was about a week ago when this occurred (as of writing this). It was a late Saturday night soon to be Sunday morning. I was using the computer to play games and draw. I played roblox for a couple of hours even though I wasn't suppose to. My mom usually scolded me whenever I did. She said it'd take 'all of the computer space'. Which, mind you that roblox only takes up 160-170 MB and only about 300 memory space. Anyways, it was super late on my end.
I had been playing in a cold basement for almost 7 hours, my feet were freezing up and my body was becoming stiff. I wasn't wearing anything warm besides a wooly sweater and some shorts. I had started playing since 9PM of yesterday night. I decided around 4:30AM I would get off. As I reached for the turn off button behind the monitor, suddenly the printer starting making its wound up noise. The loud 'BEEP' caught me off guard.
First thing on my mind was,
"Oh, that's kinda weird. Mom's probably printing something." I knew that she had finished printing out her papers a few weeks ago for her job and thought she was doing it again. 3 minutes passed, and my printer was still calibrating. Finally it started to print. I was so mesmerized and tired that I didn't open the paper-holding tray so it glided towards the floor.
But what it printed was shocking. A blank piece of paper. My heart started pumping. Sweat ran down my forehead and down to my chin. I launched myself back in my chair and watched the black box. It was still printing. One paper.. Two paper.. three paper.. In total, there were 4 pieces of paper laying on the floor. Blank and in a monochrome white. Then the printer itself shutted off without me touching it. Shaken up by this, I ran upstairs and into my bedroom at 4:38AM in the morning. The next day I didn't wake up until 10AM to go check what happened.
There was nothing left. Not a single trace of paper left, nor printing action in my printer's history. I told my mom, thinking she could resolve this phenomenon. She said she hadn't printed anything last night and said that when you turn off the computer it may have had saved files that didn't print when the computer was slow. The wiring for the printer wasn't connected to my computer and in order to print stuff you needed that. Still, this bone-chilling occurrence probably scarred me of using a printer. Thank goodness I don't have to use that again, at least for now.

The Printer, by Horpse.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:D
I'm sorry that you get so upset by these. Such events can certainly be scary, especially in the moment.

And...
These are absolutely great. Please excuse me when I say I was laughing. You write them in such a perfect way to bring that about. Reminds me very much of 'Stories To Tell In The Dark'.

As for the printer, like your mother said, sometimes there is leftover data in cache. Doesn't necessarily have to be on the pc end either, could be cached in the printer itself. Depending on the printer, some will go through routine 'checks' and dump out anything in the cache. Though... who knows. I've had some weird, minor incidents with technology before. Enough to take a hammer to... something. :twisted:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Sky king
Visit My Farm

Post by Sky king »

Wow this reminds me of when I was 8 years old

I was outside in my back yard near the river alone with my 6 year old little brother and a big around 6 foot man approached us and asked in a low and hushed voice "were is your mother?" I instantly knew some thing was up and back away and grabbed my brother made sure there was a stick at my feet if I needed it. The man walked toward us again this time more fast and aggressively. He reached out and tried to grab me (and my brother) Thanks to my gym teacher I was great at ducking out of the way. I yelled at my brother to run inside he wasn't very fast but he did go inside.I also ran inside (after I it the tall dude in the head with the stick I made sure that was there) I told my mom and she was soon on the phone with the police.

They did find the guy and he was arrested (he apparently had done that sort of thing before) and now I am constantly looking around me and won't go to the beach (on vacation) alone ever
Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunriver Stables »

I would never go in the basement ever again lol
Thank You!
"A dog may be a man's bestfriend, but the horse wrote history" ~ Unknown

FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

I love these!!! Can't wait for more
FantasyRanch2
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch2 »

Horpse wrote:...
Hey :D I LOVE your 2 story's and was wondering when you were going to write another :roll: I love to read it and I'm sure others do to! You are great at writing them just the right way to make them deal real :shock: witch is cool and scary at the same moment :lol:

Can't wait to hear from you and Hop all is well with you :D :D :D
FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

FantasyRanch2 wrote:
Horpse wrote:...
Hey :D I LOVE your 2 story's and was wondering when you were going to write another :roll: I love to read it and I'm sure others do to! You are great at writing them just the right way to make them deal real :shock: witch is cool and scary at the same moment :lol:

Can't wait to hear from you and Hop all is well with you :D :D :D
Bump
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm