Community Forum

My 17 year old RH

Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

My 17 year old RH

Post by Hidalgo »

I'M SORRY I HAVE TO BRAG BUT MY HORSE JUST BROKE A RECORD AT 17 YEARS OLD.
You know how occasionally you somehow pass over a horse you should have trained? Yeah, that's what I did. I had him in my stud barn for 15 years and all of a sudden I noticed that his stats could be RH level. I'm kicking myself for not training him, when I thought,"Why not? I can have him trained before 18 yrs so I don't have to worry about him dying on me before he's done" So I trained him, all the while wondering if I was completely wasting my time. But a 17 yr old horse that broke a record would be kind of hilarious, right? Anyway, here we are :lol:

Ⓗ Bonzo
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: My 17 year old RH

Post by Sawd10 »

Haha.

I have been in the same situation a few times before; the horses never broke any records (at least not that I think) but were above-average competitors regardless.

Congratulations on the new Record Holder, his Breeder's Report and confo catch my eye. He has a nice stat pool. He is good-looking for a 17 year old- I like the greying around his eyes and muzzle as it makes him look his age...!
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Sawd10 wrote:Haha.

I have been in the same situation a few times before; the horses never broke any records (at least not that I think) but were above-average competitors regardless.

Congratulations on the new Record Holder, his Breeder's Report and confo catch my eye. He has a nice stat pool. He is good-looking for a 17 year old- I like the greying around his eyes and muzzle as it makes him look his age...!
Thanks :) After he broke the record I thought, hmm I wonder what sort of foals he's had. And... he has none for some reason. His BR and Confo suggest he could have had some decent foals, so I wonder if I did breed him but rehomed the foals or if he was just knocking about the barn being completely overlooked by me :oops:
FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Hidalgo wrote:I'M SORRY I HAVE TO BRAG BUT MY HORSE JUST BROKE A RECORD AT 17 YEARS OLD.
You know how occasionally you somehow pass over a horse you should have trained? Yeah, that's what I did. I had him in my stud barn for 15 years and all of a sudden I noticed that his stats could be RH level. I'm kicking myself for not training him, when I thought,"Why not? I can have him trained before 18 yrs so I don't have to worry about him dying on me before he's done" So I trained him, all the while wondering if I was completely wasting my time. But a 17 yr old horse that broke a record would be kind of hilarious, right? Anyway, here we are :lol:

Ⓗ Bonzo
Annn it's fun to brag once in a while :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway that's a funny story and congrats on a new RH, I have yet to have one of my horses to break one yet!
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:
Annn it's fun to brag once in a while :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway that's a funny story and congrats on a new RH, I have yet to have one of my horses to break one yet!
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Tenacious Equine »

So I guess the moral of the story is it's never too late to compete :lol: congrats!
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Tenacious Equine wrote:So I guess the moral of the story is it's never too late to compete :lol: congrats!
Exactly! :lol: I know it’s good to try and get them trained at a young age because they DO compete a bit better, but it seems some people have taken it to the extreme of thinking once a horse hits 3 yrs it’s no use competing them, and I kind of wanted to dispel that idea a bit :mrgreen:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 pm