Community Forum

My Demon Horse And I Did A Show

Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

My Demon Horse And I Did A Show

Post by Tenacious Equine »

Zippy & I went to a schooling show this past weekend (went home for that) and considering that I hadn't seen him or ridden in a week, and it was our first show, it went fanfreakingtastically!

He was very calm the whole time, which was great, and also probably due to him having done other events that were not jumping shows (he probably thought the whole thing was tame :lol:). After my experiences in OHSET with him (the best I ever placed in an event was fifth) I had zero expectations for us to do well, which made the whole thing very low pressure.

And he was practically ANGELIC.

The first class we did was a singular crossrails class as a warm up, and he was just kinda like "these are not real jumps" and knocked two fences and refused one (his refusals are just him veering off to the side, so it wasn't ideal but at least he didn't stop). We didn't place in that but he still got lots of pets.

The second class we did was a .60m with a jumpoff. WE GOT DOUBLE CLEAR. We were, I think, the only ones to get double clear, so we got first in that class. It was awesome.

Continuing with the .60 division, we did two speed classes, and placed second in both (still didn't touch a single rail! So proud of my demon pony). Ended up getting champion for the division, and the best part is that my old trainer, who is a terrible person that I despise (and who also said that Zippy was dangerous and would never be good at jumping) saw the whole thing. Muahahaha the petty intensifies

Since the .60s went well, we got signed up for a .70 class, and that was a whole mess.
First of all, I gave Zippy a break in between and he thought he was done. Second of all, didn't get a chance to warm him up in the arena and they'd put up an oxer (which was not in our prior courses). He was kind of annoyed at me for making him work again and did some little bucks when I tried to get him to canter so we just trotted the first jump. The oxer was the third fence and he like looked down at it and slowed down and then YEETED HIMSELF SO HARD that I flew out of the tack and it is a miracle that I stayed on. He also took down the second rail of the oxer, which is just kind of weird.
After that he decided that he really needed to poop and while I managed to get him over the next fence he kind of crashed into the rail while still pooping. Which is, y'know, excellent. The jump after that was fine, and then we were zooming up to the next rail and he did his little I'm-gonna-sidestep-the-jump thing again, but I just did a quick circle and popped him over it and the rest of the course was great.

So the results were:
-two classes (cross rails and .70) with 12 faults each, did not place (which I expected)
-one double clear that got me first place (!!!)
-two clears that got me second places (!)
-champion in the .60 division!!! In our first show! Our first time actually winning something! We got a candle :lol:
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

FantasyRanch3
Visit My Farm

Re: My Demon Horse And I Did A Show

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Wow!!! Congrats!!! Sounds like so much fun to jump! (I'm working on western atm)
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

FantasyRanch3 wrote:Wow!!! Congrats!!! Sounds like so much fun to jump! (I'm working on western atm)
It is super fun! I've wanted to do Western for a while but Zippy's not really meant for things like Drill Team because he hates other horses :lol:
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

FantasyRanch3
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
FantasyRanch3 wrote:Wow!!! Congrats!!! Sounds like so much fun to jump! (I'm working on western atm)
It is super fun! I've wanted to do Western for a while but Zippy's not really meant for things like Drill Team because he hates other horses :lol:
Just work with what you can. I don't have the resources to learn jumping yet, so I'm working on stuff I can learn myself, or with little help. Barrel racing is my goal
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This made me laugh! :D
Good to hear (partially assuming this) that you and Zippy are both unhurt.
The great thing about demon ponies is that they do, really, teach us so much. The worst thing about them? They have this little itch in their personality where they LOVE to make us look like we can't ride for ... ehem... nothing.
Anywho, Congrats! Sounds like you had a fun time. :D (And so did Mr. Demon. :P )
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:This made me laugh! :D
The great thing about demon ponies is that they do, really, teach us so much. The worst thing about them? They have this little itch in their personality where they LOVE to make us look like we can't ride for ... ehem... nothing.
Anywho, Congrats! Sounds like you had a fun time. :D (And so did Mr. Demon. :P )
Oh we're both fine :lol: I'm thinking of taking a screenshot of the oxer jump and adding it to this post because it was soooooo baddddddd
We did a clinic a few weeks ago and he was a butt and the lady teaching the clinic called him a punk and a bad boyfriend :lol:

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tenacious Equine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:This made me laugh! :D
Oh we're both fine :lol: I'm thinking of taking a screenshot of the oxer jump and adding it to this post because it was soooooo baddddddd
We did a clinic a few weeks ago and he was a butt and the lady teaching the clinic called him a punk and a bad boyfriend :lol:
Yup! That sounds like at least one trainer I know. :lol:

Think of it... in time, you'll be able to handle any punk horse that decides 'That jump is Scary!'... (not).
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Here's the beautiful image.
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Post by KingstonDressage »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:Image
Here's the beautiful image.
Oh goodness... :lol:

Been there, done that. Except, I got flug forward over Artie, the pony I leased, s' neck.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and let the world wonder how you did it.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:o
:o
WOW, wow, Wow!

Now, that's! what you call a flying takeoff! :lol:
That's gorgeous that you managed to stay on. :mrgreen: Kudos!

Halloween is coming, next time, wear your angel wings, ;) it'll make for a perfect framed picture. 8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 am