Community Forum

Getting to Know Everyone <3

Vermillion
Visit My Farm

Getting to Know Everyone <3

Post by Vermillion »

Hi everyone! The title seems self explanatory lol. I’m a new player and was just wanting to get to know everyone and make some friends ;) I’d love to hear anything about you guys, both IRL and concerning HWO.

I’ll go first :D Hi! I’m Vermillion (my favorite color is… you guessed it, red), but please call me V! I’ve been highkey horse crazy since I could first read, but since the place I live currently isn’t exactly horse-friendly, I’ve turned to games like this one.

My first horsey game was Howrse, but I left it for a long time to focus on schooling and family. Now I’m back into the horse sim situation with HWO. My favorite horse breeds are Standardbreds, Arabians, and Thoroughbreds in no particular order, but my fav animals are cats :D Horses hold a special place in my heart though.

My current hobbies are: drawing, reading, track, and the occasional climbing of trees when I think nobody’s looking. I love listening to k-pop too ;)

Feel free to share down below, but you don’t have to quote this message because I’m subscribed. I’d love to make some friends, ping me if you feel the same <3
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Getting to Know Everyone <3

Post by BlackOak2 »

Welcome to the game!

You'll see me around here from time to time. :P
I'm a little older, used to ride horses, a cat-person and generally have a great imagination.

On the game, I'm a forum stalker, help the community remain pleasant (with a number of others) and help keep the community on-point with their projects (again, along with a number of others). We are a vast wealth of information, so if you need to know something about the game, ask the community and we'll try to get you right!

The game is realistic, so if you know something is a fact about a horse, there's a good chance that it's coded in to mirror that in the game.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

Hey, I'm Tea! I've got quite a few abandoned projects here and there and I've dabbled into a lot of different types of breeding (color, breed recipes, stats, changing build, you name it). I'm not as specialized in my knowledge as some of the older players (Blackoak, Frost, Silverine come to mind) but I'm super active and I can generally help out :)

I've got an accidental homebred IRL who I attempt eventing with; I also have multiple dogs and cats! I'm on the young adult side of things and I work as a dressage groom, but I also read, like, a TON.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Post by Soleil »

Hiya! Welcome to HWO, it’s a really fun game with a great community. I’m Soleil, formerly known as Cam. It’s great to have another awesome player join.

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need any assistance, unfortunately I’m kinda broke so I can’t offer any monetary help, but I can train your horses. Since you’re new, the first 5 are totally free! Just ping when you wanna cash your free trainings in lol.

I see you’re a fellow Standardbred lover. Are you planning on breeding them? I love k-pop too! What’s your favorite group?
Vermillion
Visit My Farm

Post by Vermillion »

Hi BlackOak, Tea, Sol. Omg I didn’t think anybody would respond. It’s nice to know there’s so many nice people in the game lol :lol:

My favorite boy group is prolly TXT, my fav girl group is New Jeans tbh.

How do you breed different horse breeds like Standardbreds? Also how do you have your horses do good in competitions? I put one of mine in a bunch of local shows and she didn’t do good.

Btw I have a few other questions about the game, can I ask them here or somewhere else?
Cypress Creek Test
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Test »

You can absolutely ask them here!

For information about the different horse breeds and how to make them, you'll want to look at the breed wiki (https://www.horseworldonline.net/wiki/breeds)- we have over 300 breeds in game! You'll also want to buy evaluation books if you plan on breeding from scratch, so you'll be able to better plan your pairings with the breed recipes.

Competition results has to do with conformation, BR and (to a lesser extent) GP- this is enhanced by training, the horse's build, weight and temperament.
viewtopic.php?t=1235 (a basic overview of what disciplines use which stats)
viewtopic.php?t=35479 (a more in-depth overview of stat ranges, GP, temperament, etc for the most ideal show horse)
viewtopic.php?t=7149 (list of all the potential BR comments)
You'll probably want to train horses to about at least 90-95% in each stat if they're from a grinder line and you only are planning on comping them in locals. For player comps, I recommend 99%+.
➺The Second Line is owned and run by Cypress Creek Elites.
➺Sales Brand: [CCT]
slayqueenn
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by slayqueenn »

Hi, welcome to HWO! I'm pretty new as well but it's been a few months. I'm slayqueenn, which is quite a silly name, you can call me that or Sam, it doesn't matter. I'm currently working on a South German Horse project but I can lend Standardbreds to you whenever I find some good ones. I do competing which is usually pretty cheap but as Soleil said I can do some free for you as well whenever you need. I don't post on forums that often but am definitely a forum stalker. I like a little bit of K-pop as well, though I don't listen to it very much, only newjeans. :? I don't own any horses currently but I take lessons and work at a farm, I'm planning on leasing soon I just have to get a reply from my barn lol. I enjoy training some of my HWO horses when I find the time & working on my SGH project, updating the forum. I can lend some grinders as well if you ever need any, as currently I've got an overflow. Best of luck!
PineCrest Ranch
Breeding German horses at their finest.
We put the can in canter? - Sam
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Follow the recipes given in the Horse Wiki to create new breeds (as Cypress Creek Test) linked. You don't need to be specific for which breed is male and which is female, nor do they have to be purebred or exactly 50/50, but you do need to ONLY have the breed named that goes into the recipe (for instance, if the recipe asks for an arabian to a shetland, you don't want to use an arabian x clyde to a shetland and still expect the same result, it won't work).

Locals are geared toward the hosted (player-made) competitions. So as the competition in hosted competitions gets tougher, those same level locals will also get a little tougher. That said, your trouble likely arose from using levels too high (level 1 is like beginner and level 10 like international) or from a completely untrained horse.

As Cypress Creek Test said, HGP (Horse Genetic Potential) does play into how well the horse will do even in locals, so you'll want to use a horse with at least an HGP of 50k or better. Check out the link for the Grinder Horse, it'll get you off to the right start and give you a better understanding of competition horses and how to earn monies around here.

We are a wealth of information and this is your topic, you started out using the General Chit Chat correctly (introductions into the correct forum i.e. General Chit Chat), so go ahead and keep using this topic for whatever you need to talk about. :mrgreen: After all, conversations evolve, don't they. ;)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Vermillion
Visit My Farm

Post by Vermillion »

Ohh thanks! I'm really glad you guys are so helpful :D Also slayqueen, I love your name lol
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am