Community Forum

Hil's Hooplah and Hullabaloo

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Hil's Hooplah Summer 213

Post by Hilayla »

First I put up some Chinese Pony and Manipuri stallions so I can breed Mongol on my other ranch. I'm still working on a few breeds here that use them so I'll be cross-contaminating ranches for a minute.

Then I used up my turns trying to get to spring.

Autumn 213 gave me a new Burma filly! Her parents are gonna be immediately re-bred. I wanna boy.

After going to get her picture, I realized she's from the outside stud I used not from my manipuri breedings. :lol: I didn't think I had tried for one with the Manis. I think I will keep using this stud until either another one comes up or have Pure Burma boy of my own.

Her half sister/niece :? is creamier though only 80% Burma.

I had to take another turn to repeat those breedings and now I am out of turns. It's autumn and I need to cull more Chinese Ponies anyway so I have that to start while waiting for turns to renew.

I decided to Procrastinate on the Chinese Ponies since there are soooo many and I've sorted The Manis instead. Anything that was not at least 4* for Burma or Zaniskari was sorted into three pastures of below 50 HGP, 50-55 HGP and 55+ HGP. I might end up culling anything below 50HGP.

Then I did the same thing with my Tibetans, albeit with slightly lower HGP. I have a couple of mares that will be sold or retired after they foal. Culling is getting easier this way. I have now run out of ways to avoid sorting my Chinese Ponies. I do have 2 more turns to take now though.

I took those turns and started sorting and realised most my Chinese Ponies are evaluating high for Sumbas so decided to sort by HGP instead. What I actually did, however, was breed a bunch of Chinese pony mares to a Mongol stud that will hopefull produce at least one Sumba. I've probably made one of these before so if I have already done this quest I maybe just might cull these a lot since I think I've created all the breeds they make. I'll have to double check.

I did divide up the Chinese Ponies but I also don't need them anymore. I'm thinking I am going to slowly start putting them up for sale, retiring or rehoming them. At least anything under 37 HGP. I have too many full pastures of them.

That's it for today, I think.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Hil's Hooplah Winter 213

Post by Hilayla »

I did not log out. I sorted through my Tibetans and evaluated them for all possible breeds. More turns came up and I got a Zaniskari foal! Repeated the breeding.

Superflash
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 2:22 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:22 am