Community Forum

And now, the what color is my horse forum!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: And now, the what color is my horse forum!

Post by Argent »

Quick Google search shows that while cream pearl = double cream holds true for black based horses, red based horses tend toward cream pearl = [paler] single cream. So no worries :)
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

That is interesting actually. I can adjust the the colours to reflect that bit of information I wasn't aware of :)
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

It would be helpful if you adjusted the eyes colors. Currently you have double creams with pink eyes (should be blue, but at least it's different), so maybe you could change champagnes to amber/hazel eyes, pearl creams to blue/green eyes, and double pearls to tan eyes.

Also, colors:
Palomino pearl and Palomino
Black cream pearl and Smoky Cream (double pearl foals apparently lighten with age)
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

This whole business gives me a * headache. I named one of my foals Headache. I'm sure it will be much easier with accurate mane/tail colors and eye colors, but I'm pretty sure pearl will continue to be a * headache. It's very beautiful. It makes me very upset :p. Later today, after my drinking establishment visit, I will go into my spreadsheet of my genetic guesses and post my findings about my horses, see if there's any blatant disagreement. Puddle is still a point of confusion because pearl is very sneaky.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I just picked up a smokey cream Turk colt. Would you be willing to breed Puddle to him, once he's old enough, so we can test the pearl/cream theory? I also have a blue roan Barb colt I could send your way.
Last edited by Argent on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Nate »

Of course! Larissa will need to get studs going though. :p Is this the one you mean?http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/470

My suppositions at the current moment are:
Ghost: E/e a/a Ch/ch C/c R/r
Nelly: e/e T/a ch/ch C/P R/r
Puddle: E/e a/a ch/ch C/P R/r

Puddle being R/r is based purely on that I don't THINK Rage face is roan. I don't think Nelly is champagne because she lacks the freckles, and though she is very light it looks like she could well be Palomino Pearl. If she is in fact palomino pearl then her being champagne too would make her crazy sauce diluted like Rage Face is. I know she carries seal brown without a doubt.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

That's the cremello. This is the smokey cream. I think keeping within the black base color will help, if only because red based horses are awkward.

I think Rage Face could be roan. It's really difficult to see the roaning on those heavily diluted horses. Based on the prevalence of roan in her pedigree, I'd assume she was.

EDIT: According to the demo (I know >.>) cream pearl champagne on red is not all that diluted. Just a slightly paler gold/cream than the rest. This really is simpler with black based horses imo.

EDIT AGAIN: I just picked up a few red champagnes and I've been reminded of the sheen they have; I'm going to drop my argument for Nelly being Ch/-. Cream Pearl seems like a really good bet.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I think I managed to breed a pair of pearl horses, one red based (with those weird dark legs...) and the other black.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Argent wrote: one red based (with those weird dark legs...)
Those weird dark legs are because the horse is bay based, not red based. Here again the mane/tail are incorrect.
As soon as I finish with this breed data (another couple hours) then I'm going to work on the horse art. It's just missing graphics causing that mane/tail issue.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

I was wondering about all those palominos with black legs I used to get. I guess they were really buckskins.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 07, 2024 5:44 pm

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:44 pm