Community Forum

€R♛ Royale - (Farm Log)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Re: €R♛ Royale - (Farm Log)

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:

Interesting point, especially as my current benchmark is, in fact, the TB... but i guess you knew that!

Ha. That did actually happen to humans. I dont remember when - or which country it was in, but the royals wanted to keep their blood line pure.. so they literally inbreed. Of course, this was hundreds of years ago, but it resulted in many of the children - even young adults - getting a blood disease (which could be attributed to the above reason) and was ultimately fatal... (some people today still get it, i dont think there is any cure. Sad, really.)

For horses, its a pretty amazing feat - and i guess it improves their rarity, and value, immensely, but you'd have to keep a huge population to ensure it was sustainable!!!
I know the one you're talking about, but neither is the family or the disease coming to mind.

The problem is the bad genes and the mutation ratio. If you can manage to keep those negative genes low, or breed them out entirely, then the only thing that must be dealt with is the mutation ratio. Mutations happen regardless of age, environment or incidents. But certain factors can encourage, discourage and change mutations. So it comes down to control of those mutations. Good ones can stay, bad ones must go.

What most likely happened in that royal family was likely not necessarily a bad gene that was strengthened by inbreeding, or wasn't just a bad gene, rather it was a unique mutation that suddenly had multiple friends and had a party...
Thankfully, for our ease of maintaining "closed" lines on HWO, we only have to worry about the "bad gene" effect rather than the mutations... yet! (otherwise, we all might need a course in genealogy and a whole lot of other things before we start. Actually, it mightn't be such a bad idea ;) )
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
Thankfully, for our ease of maintaining "closed" lines on HWO, we only have to worry about the "bad gene" effect rather than the mutations... yet! (otherwise, we all might need a course in genealogy and a whole lot of other things before we start. Actually, it mightn't be such a bad idea ;) )
Now THAT would be an interesting addition!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

UPDATE: Australian Project

(Benchmark -= TB, Current Goal= Galloway.)

Alright... so, i'm about to start breeding Galloways:

Galloway = [Exmoor x (Exmoor x Frisian)]

Galloway
Height: 10.3-13.2
Build: Medium-Medium Heavy
Size: 40%-60%
Type: 50-70% Pony

Exmoor
Height: 11.3-13.0
Build: Medium Light - Medium Heavy
Size: 40-70%
Type: 60% Horse - 70% Pony

Frisian
Height: 15-17.1hh
Build: Medium Light - Medium
Size: 35-50%
Type: 60% H - 55% P

Analysis:
This time around, my hypothesis is solely based on the above data, not the horses expected to be used...

Height:
I can sense a high probability that there is going to be a bit of difficulty here. Although the overall breed is doubly influenced by the Exmoor rather than the Frisian, it is unlikely that the breed will be below 12hh even, which leaves a rather narrow window for acceptance... I think it will be critical to only use the shortest heights, if possible.

Build:
With the Frisians, (just because they are most recent in my mind) many of the 'failed breeding 's were due to their build being too high.. (but saying that, there were just as many other reasons for the foals "failing" as well.) It may be a problem with the breedings (being too heavy,) but just have to keep an eye on it, especially the Exmoors.

Size:
I don't foresee that this will be an issue at all - both are relatively within the range, and where they aren't, they should balance out...

Type:
Now, we're venturing into the full "pony" type... shouldn't be an issue from the Frisian point of view, but not sure about the Exmoor - haven't looked at them yet!

well - lets go find some horses!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
I want to congratulate you on your analyses. You have a beautiful handle on what to look out for, for breeding those new breeds.

I may use your log for some 'hands-on' look and direction for some others to get a better understanding of it, as long as you don't mind.

:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:
I want to congratulate you on your analyses. You have a beautiful handle on what to look out for, for breeding those new breeds.

I may use your log for some 'hands-on' look and direction for some others to get a better understanding of it, as long as you don't mind.

:mrgreen:
Thankyou!

and well... that's what they're there for! well, partly ;)
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Okay, so this post came sooner then expected!

But - my Galloway's have arrived, and they were all very, very kind...and i had very little trouble with them at all. Naturally, i had a number of "failure" breedings, but they were mostly just a little off... ie. body size 38 instead of above 40, and so on. most notiably, the two features that kept popping up was height and body size. Now, i have two studs go go, but i'm going to post this anyhow....

PS - i love the way they are mostly retaining their fluffy manes and gurrllo stripes !!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

except this one, which i couldnt help but keep, because he's litrally the oppisate of every other horse i bred!
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2032908

and of course, a few examples:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033118
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033121
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033122 :D
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033146
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033294
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2032899
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2032902
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033123
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033085

Now, i need to catch up with training, then..i'll update with what's next...
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Now, personally I think this update is rather momentous:

Quick Recap:
Project: Australian Brumby
Sub-Project: Australian Stock Horse
Major Benchmark: TB
…and so on…

points of interest
- I will need at 9 “sessions” of TB’s to complete this project (which possibly means that I will have to do all this again to get enough horses…)

……………………………………………………………………….

TB = [Arabian x North African Barb] x [Galloway x Akhal-Teke]

TB
Height: 15.0hh – 16.3hh
Build: Very Light – Medium Light
Body Size: 15% - 35%
Body Type: 85% - 65% Horse Type

……………………………………………………………………………
[PART 1:]

Arabian

Height: 14.0hh – 15.3hh 15-16
Build: Very Light to Light vl-ml
Body Size: 0% - 20% 15-35
Body Type: 100% - 78% Horse Type 85-65h

Choosing the Arabians:
Height:
Now, I don’t know if this is going to work or not, but I figure that the easiest way to analyse each breed is to compare them to the desired result and aim as close as possible (but I may need to alter according to these hypothetical results. (i.e even though instinct calls to only use the highest Galloways, I may need short ones to balance out the height with the Arabian x NAB’s… and so on. But back on track… Height for both the Arabian and the NAB wont really matter, so long as AC horses are used (or ones that match the height evaluations. )
Build:
Not only does the Arabian Breed already fit perfectly within the requirements for the TB, but the NAB should perfectly balance to achieve somewhere between the range of VL-ML. Again, as mentioned above, may have to alter according to what the Galloway x Akhal-Teke produces.
Body Size:
Although the Arabian Body size is less that what you want your TB to be, again, the North African Barb balances this figure out. (Although, we all know the AC Arabians barely get over 10%)
Body type:
Really don’t know. In all honesty, it could make a significant difference, so perhaps pick a couple from both ends.
Summery:
Slightly on the taller side…

North African Barb

Height: 14.0hh – 16.0hh 15-16
Build: Light – Medium Light vl-ml
Body Size: 20% - 40% 15-35
Body Type: 80% to 70% Horse Type 85-65H

Choosing the NAB:
Height:
The NAB height range fits perfectly within the TB, so no need to worry about this at all, at this stage. Amendment: Look for slightly higher to counter the lower height of the Galloway x Akhal-teke cross.
Build:
As mentioned in the Arabian analysis, where the Arabian is on the lighter side, the NAB is on the heavier side, so should balance each other out perfectly for a TB foal.
Body Size:
May tend to be on the higher side in comparison to what you want your TB to be, but again, the Arabian should pull this stat back easily enough.
Body Type:
Fits perfectly within the desired range, so no need to worry here.
summery
The NAB pretty much fits smack bang into what you wish the TB to be, so at this stage… you’re free to choose your NAB’s according to physical appearance! (within reason, of course ;) )

The expected Arabian x North African Barb Cross:
Height: Possibly on the higher side
Build:
Body Size: Possibly on the lighter side
Body Type:

………………………………………………………………….
PART 2:
Akhal-Teke
Height: 14.1 – 16.3hh 15-16
Build: very light – light vl-ml
Body Size: 0% - 29% 15-35
Body Type: 100% - 78% 85-65H

Choosing the Akhal-Teke:
Height:
Although the Akhal-Teke fits fairly well within the TB height range, you are going to want to look on the taller side, especially because in comparison, the Galloway is much to short.
Build:
Despite the Akhal-Teke build range sitting nicely within the VL-ML range, it must be remembered that the Galloway ranges from M-MH, so choose the lighter horses, if possible. If not, don’t worry too much – just remember to keep your Arabian x NAB crosses on the slightly lighter side.
Body Size:
You’re going to instinctively want to choose the heavier type body size Akhal-Teke’s, but it may not be necessary as the Galloways are already much heavier than what you want the foals to be. That said, the Arabian x NAB is likely to be on the lighter side, and the Galloways wont be reaching anywhere near the 60% mark, (see below discussion in the Galloway section) so for the body size, probably not crucial to choose your horse singularly on this, but do keep it in mind and possibly look for the higher figures (i.e. approx.. 15+, but that’s only a guess)
Body Type:
The Galloway is certain to pull the body type much closer to the pony side, but that will be a good thing…because all these breeds are horse type heavy, really. So, I think, look for the lesser horse-type horses, within reason. I think this is the zone that has some of the most potential to cause trouble later on…
Summery
As far as I can forsee, I’m thinking that the choosing of the correct Akhal-Teke could possibly be the turning point for the creation of the TB. So, look for a Akahl-Teke that is on the taller side, a higher body size, and lesser horse type. Hopefully, I have this right!

Galloway:
Height: 10.3hh – 13.2hh 15-16
Build: Medium – Medium Heavy vl-ml
Body Size: 40% - 60% 15-35
Body Type: 50% - 70% Pony Type 85-65H

Height:
In all honesty, ive pretty much covered what is necessary for the Galloway in the Akhal-teke section! But I still will put it in here: Height… as high as possible, obviously…
Build:
As light as possible within the bounds of the breed.
Body Size:
From memory – and a quick search, I think that most – if not all – of the Galloway’s that I have just bred are within the 40-50% range, so they aren’t going to be in the extreme heights… So, don’t choose really height body size, but don’t stress too much about getting too low, because it is likely that the Arabian x NAB cross will be on the lighter side to balance this heavier cross.
Body Type:
Pony, pony, pony. The only breed of the 4 needed to create the TB. As 2 of the other breeds are extremely horselike, don’t bother too much here… In all honesty, specifics are difficult to tell at this stage! I may update when I have the crosses to see how it is progressing against what was expected.
Summery
Look for height, and a build as light as possible, but don’t stress too much on either count (perhaps height more than anything else though.)

The expected Galloway x Akhal-Teke cross:
Height: Possibly on the shorter side
Build:
Body Size: Possibly on the heavier side
Body Type:

…………………………………………………………………………….
This won’t be starting for a couple of days – probably a week, actually…. But while I’m waiting for more turns… (so unusual! ;) )
A couple of points to be noted:
- Haven’t decided yet, may switch over to aiming for the Australian Pony rather than the Stock horse after this benchmark… (two reasons: 1.) they’re way to cute, and rarer; and 2.) it wont take quite as long to reach (the stock horse needs a Chickasaw and quarter horse and all sorts)
- From now on, I may breed an ‘improved line’ alongside my own. Otherwise, I may not go back and do it all again! But again, haven’t decided yet... might wait some time first.
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Okay.. One BIG update has finally arrived!

It's high time for me to update all my projects, and get myself in order. So, here 'tis, not listed in any particular order.

1.) Australian Project
2.) Endurance Project
3.) Breeding Project
4.) Showstepping Project
5.) Arabian Project

Project no. 1: The Australian Project
Goal:
To be the most predominant breeder and competitor of all breeds of Australian Horses within HWO.
Divisions:
1.1) Australian Draught Horse | 1.2) Australian Brumby | 1.3) Australian Pony | 1.4) Australian Stock Horse
Milestones:
- First up, to breed the Australian Brumby (and consequently, the Australian Pony and Stock Horse) from scratch
- Improve the breed: All round, until about 45GP perhaps, then focus on certain areas… May use additional breeding from part way through the "breeding chain" ie - breed with high stat tbs, etc.. At this stage, focus on only purebred's, don’t introduce other breeds.
- Breed the draught horse from scratch (and consequently improve the lines)
The Road So Far:
- Started Division 1.4: Almost to the point of breeding the TB, see previous entries in the farm log for further detail.
Current Status:
On Hold
Next Up:
Successful Breeding of the TB from Scratch

Project no. 2: Endurance Project
Goal:
I Tempted to hide this one… but I'll say it anyhow: To Break the Endurance Record Holders through an exclusive line of horses
Divisions:
- N/A
Milestones:
Want to try this one from scratch. First up, choose a breed of horse. Want to keep color black, and to steer away from Arabians… Want to keep lines separate, and so on…
The Road So Far:
- N/A
Current Status:
- Not Started (on hold)
Next Up:
- Choose a breed of horse.

Project no. 3: Breeding Project
Goal:
Many people share this goal, but mine has a slight twist on it: To own one of every breed of horse currently available in this game. But it must be bred by: yours truly..
Divisions:
Many..much of them.. (three hundred and something, actually.. But well just leave it blank for now.)
Actually - think I'll add sub-divisions to this one.
Milestones:
I have two accounts singularly for this project (it wouldn’t work otherwise.) I'm going to have to breed the horses in order that they are listed in the fields/barns, otherwise I won't keep track.. Well, that’s the plan at this stage, anyhow. Also going to try and start from scratch for each separate breed, so none of them are at all related to another.
The Road So Far:
- Set up the accounts
Current Status:
- working on levelling up both accounts, increasing capacity before planning the real work.
Next Up:
- define what order the first lot of horses need to be bred in.

Project no. 4: Show-Stepping Project
Goal:
This one's a little frivolous… to create the horse of my dreams: Pure White (which is going to be fun.) Tall, horse-like with plumed manes, tails, and feathers. Skill: Show jumping.
Divisions: N/A
Milestones: N/A
The Road So Far: N/A
Current Status: Long-term project. No planned start at this stage.
Next Up: N/A

Project no. 5. Arabian Project
Goal: To many branches to list. Not so much a goal as an ongoing project, but I'm not going to hide what I'm doing. No detail yet, (not yet planned.)
Divisions:
Milestones:
The Road So Far:
Current Status:
Next Up:

Now that you've all very faithfully read through that *(clears throat)* you may have noticed that I have too many accounts… yeah, I know. (please don’t follow my bad example!) but here they all are for you, and here's why there are so many:

Note: these descriptions are my accounts 'final' destinations' so aren't currently true to label. Links have not yet been added - see Royale Ranch for them.. And hmm. Think that's it.

Royale/Royale Ranch
Main "Moving" For my current projects/training/pretty much anything and everything.
Main "frozen" Holding for my current project's in progress. (i.e. holding breeds in progress etc)

Royal Training Training Account Holding for clients horses (too keep separate and avoid unmentionable 'accidents') + for my own personal training stash/sales and so on.
Royale Estate/Crown Royale Estate Dedicated to project number 3 Need these accounts singularly to have one of every horse breed in the game. Right now, I'm working on levelling them up a little so expanding them won't take quite so long. .

Aussie Royale Dedicated to project number 1 Eventual home to the best Australian horses In the game.. I wish .

This just about needs a conclusion…

Right now, I'm obviously not progressing any of my projects, so heres what I am doing:
1. Working on training both my own and other peoples horses
2. Trying, really hard, to get myself organised.
3. Some of you are going to hate me for this… but working on culling the arabian breed a little.. c'mon, they have nearly 72,000 horses alive… and plus, don’t judge: I've spent an estimated 2 mil already on this and spendthrift that I am, its made a significant dent in my savings….

I'd love to hear your comments,
Royale.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:...
Keep going!
You know I'm all for it.

I do have one request on the cull... don't dump every one of the AC horses (from market). There are many of us that keep going back and picking up sales that have been around forever (obviously not necessarily yours, but you get the picture).

Other than that, you know you have my votes. :D

Also, I still like the turk for the endurance goal, current population: 14,994 ... in reality, just 4000 over the moment when the breed would appear in our AC if it wasn't a base breed.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:...
Keep going!
You know I'm all for it.

I do have one request on the cull... don't dump every one of the AC horses (from market). There are many of us that keep going back and picking up sales that have been around forever (obviously not necessarily yours, but you get the picture).

Other than that, you know you have my votes. :D

Also, I still like the turk for the endurance goal, current population: 14,994 ... in reality, just 4000 over the moment when the breed would appear in our AC if it wasn't a base breed.
:D thanks :D

yes, i like the idea of the turk.. will defiantly look into it :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:12 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:12 am