BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse World Newsletter Communications Forum

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Oh I see what you mean! I forgot to include Harness Racing, Endurance, and Sprint Racing into my race spotlight section :oops: I did it last night and I was super tired...
But this is only my first issue, I plan to just keep making them better and better :D
Thank you for your ideas, I love them! I think it's a good idea to have an English branch, a Western branch, a Racing branch, and maybe also a Driving branch :D But yes I agree there's no rush, as I just started this :lol: But it's exciting to think about!
Thanks again!
I certainly didn't expect much beyond the racing discipline itself, since that was your original idea... and I do expect it to evolve.
It's beautiful and for a first issue quite well done, tired or not. :D
I can't put much time toward this, but let me know if I can offer something. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Oh I see what you mean! I forgot to include Harness Racing, Endurance, and Sprint Racing into my race spotlight section :oops: I did it last night and I was super tired...
But this is only my first issue, I plan to just keep making them better and better :D
Thank you for your ideas, I love them! I think it's a good idea to have an English branch, a Western branch, a Racing branch, and maybe also a Driving branch :D But yes I agree there's no rush, as I just started this :lol: But it's exciting to think about!
Thanks again!
I certainly didn't expect much beyond the racing discipline itself, since that was your original idea... and I do expect it to evolve.
That's true.. but I'd ideally like to include all the racing disciplines :D Do you have any ideas on how I could find out which players are newbies in the racing community? I've checked the forums and I can't live on chat... :lol:
Thank you very much! :D
Thank you, you are very kind to offer! :)
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundering Horses »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
That's true.. but I'd ideally like to include all the racing disciplines :D Do you have any ideas on how I could find out which players are newbies in the racing community? I've checked the forums and I can't live on chat... :lol:
I know a few
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Thundering Hooves wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
I know a few
Would you be so kind as to name them? :)
Wild Wood Ranch
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Wild Wood Ranch »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
A.P farm wrote:...
Wild Wood Ranch wrote:...
Hello,
I hope that you are having a great weekend :)
I was wondering if you would be willing to do an interview with me that would be featured in my new HW Racing Newsletter. If you don't want to, that's no problem at all :)
Thanks!
Hazel
I am thank you. Sure I would love to do an interview. I hope that your weekend is going great as well!
Thundering Horses
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundering Horses »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Thundering Hooves wrote: I know a few
Oh apparently my post did not post :?
Veterinarian
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Other than what Thundering Hooves might offer, what I could suggest in the free time... take a cruise through the recent mid and high level competition results and backtrack through farms you don't immediately recognize... or farms you don't often see. Then give a quick look over the horse they entered, who produced it and if there are others on their farm. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if they're strictly racing disciplines, a breeding farm that just tests their stock, or something else entirely.

For instance, I did a recent sprint racing results sample.
Of the sampling of level 8 and upward over the past couple days (there were no level 7 that I noticed), I found three players that I didn't immediately recognize.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... e&u=122065
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... le&u=99490
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... le&u=75841

The two top ones produced their own horse that was entered in the sampling, the bottom one was either purchased or transferred from another account.
The first one actually has a couple pastures marked as 'racing'.
The second and third are both small farms with no specific naming of racing stock. Also, it doesn't immediately appear that there are other trained racing stock on either of these two farms.

If my internet would load quicker, it might have taken quicker. The more whoever looks over the results and the farms that regularly enter, the quicker it will be to recognize who might be 'new to the party'.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Wild Wood Ranch wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

Hello,
I hope that you are having a great weekend :)
I was wondering if you would be willing to do an interview with me that would be featured in my new HW Racing Newsletter. If you don't want to, that's no problem at all :)
Thanks!
Hazel
I am thank you. Sure I would love to do an interview. I hope that your weekend is going great as well!
Wonderful! :) What would be a good day/time for you?
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Thundering Hooves wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Oh apparently my post did not post :?
Veterinarian
:lol:
Okay, thanks, good to know! :D
h a z e l
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Other than what Thundering Hooves might offer, what I could suggest in the free time... take a cruise through the recent mid and high level competition results and backtrack through farms you don't immediately recognize... or farms you don't often see. Then give a quick look over the horse they entered, who produced it and if there are others on their farm. You should be able to tell pretty quickly if they're strictly racing disciplines, a breeding farm that just tests their stock, or something else entirely.

For instance, I did a recent sprint racing results sample.
Of the sampling of level 8 and upward over the past couple days (there were no level 7 that I noticed), I found three players that I didn't immediately recognize.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... e&u=122065
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... le&u=99490
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... le&u=75841

The two top ones produced their own horse that was entered in the sampling, the bottom one was either purchased or transferred from another account.
The first one actually has a couple pastures marked as 'racing'.
The second and third are both small farms with no specific naming of racing stock. Also, it doesn't immediately appear that there are other trained racing stock on either of these two farms.

If my internet would load quicker, it might have taken quicker. The more whoever looks over the results and the farms that regularly enter, the quicker it will be to recognize who might be 'new to the party'.
Sweet, that is an excellent idea! I'll definitely put that one to use :) Thank you so much for all your help!!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 07, 2024 3:25 am

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:25 am