BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Spotted Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club

Post by BlackOak2 »

mlloftus wrote:
Leopard Horse wrote:
Good looking horse, could u plz ping BlackOak2 as well.
Sure
BlackOak2 wrote:..
I am currently evaluating the horse.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

BlackOak2 wrote:
mlloftus wrote: Sure
I am currently evaluating the horse.
I am on chat at the moment
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

mlloftus wrote:
Jockey wrote: Sure! I have to get one aged to three years anyway. 8-)
:D
Hay congrats you are in!
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Leopard Horse wrote:
mlloftus wrote: :D
Hay congrats you are in!
yay
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Leopard Horse, I do have a question.
Should we bother training these spotted horses as we work toward making them purebred Tb?

I don't think we do, as long as we start with decent stock, decent stat, it will only take two, maybe three generations to make them purebred again.

Anyway, I finally got her to throw her pattern, it's not a great coverage, but the filly will be carrying the same pattern genes of her mother. So it's a start.

Oh, and also, how should we decide to name these horses that are born under the club?
We could give them a club breeder mark... rather a club mark.
Or we could choose a subject to name them after, like my heavy arabian stock is named after constellations.
So I'm leaving her right now unnamed.

And we'll have to open our registry of the horses. I can do that if you don't want to. I think that we should keep that rather slim, only the club members with horses born under the club registry will be able to update a single post of their horses... or, it could just be you and I that do it, so then it would only be two posts in there. However, we get a lot of people joining the club, that might get a bit time-consuming for us.

Anyway.

Here she is:

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

BlackOak2 wrote:Leopard Horse, I do have a question.
Should we bother training these spotted horses as we work toward making them purebred Tb?

I don't think we do, as long as we start with decent stock, decent stat, it will only take two, maybe three generations to make them purebred again.

Anyway, I finally got her to throw her pattern, it's not a great coverage, but the filly will be carrying the same pattern genes of her mother. So it's a start.

Oh, and also, how should we decide to name these horses that are born under the club?
We could give them a club breeder mark... rather a club mark.
Or we could choose a subject to name them after, like my heavy arabian stock is named after constellations.
So I'm leaving her right now unnamed.

And we'll have to open our registry of the horses. I can do that if you don't want to. I think that we should keep that rather slim, only the club members with horses born under the club registry will be able to update a single post of their horses... or, it could just be you and I that do it, so then it would only be two posts in there. However, we get a lot of people joining the club, that might get a bit time-consuming for us.

Anyway.

Here she is:

I don't think that we should bother training them while they progress to purebred Tb, But we could train the ones who we think have potential. I think that we could give them the clubs mark, so we know what horses we want to use for the project. Could you open the registry, if you don't mind. And yes with only the club members with horses born under the club registry will be able to update a single post of their horses, I think that is a good idea. But it will be time consuming for us to do it, so I think the members should do it. Or if they need help, we could help them out if needed.

I like the foal, cute, not a ton of coverage as you said, but she should work! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

If you want her for your side of the project, I can put her up. If not, I'll age her up and choose a stallion for her match. Maybe it might be better to breed her to a half-sibling instead, to help set that pattern. But I can decide later.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

BlackOak2 wrote:If you want her for your side of the project, I can put her up. If not, I'll age her up and choose a stallion for her match. Maybe it might be better to breed her to a half-sibling instead, to help set that pattern. But I can decide later.
Nope I am good thanks though. But i think that is a good idea.
Leopard Horse
Visit My Farm

Post by Leopard Horse »

Leopard Horse wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:If you want her for your side of the project, I can put her up. If not, I'll age her up and choose a stallion for her match. Maybe it might be better to breed her to a half-sibling instead, to help set that pattern. But I can decide later.
Nope I am good thanks though. But i think that is a good idea.
I just got this little filly. She rates a 3 for TB.
Blessed Lucky

I also got this colt, he rates N/A, but the pattern sticks.
SRTbBC Blond Kiwi
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Leopard Horse wrote:
I just got this little filly. She rates a 3 for TB.
Blessed Lucky

Speed 21
Strength 25
Stamina 23
Balance 40
Movement 27
Agility 47
Tempo 19

I also got this colt, he rates N/A, but the pattern sticks.
SRTbBC Blond Kiwi

Speed 17
Strength 31
Stamina 42
Balance 15
Movement 27
Agility 22
Tempo 24
Those are both great full patterns! Don't forget that red-based patterns will automatically cover more of the body than black-based bodies (black & agouti).

We'll also need to discuss club-member perks.
We're not yet ready to give or stud any of the patterned tb's... but I do think that should be one of the main perks. A free, purebred patterned tb horse for joining.

Also, that's one LONG branding... I think we should consider something shorter or even a stamp of some sort. SRTbBC, but if you're already attached to it, I can be fine with it. :mrgreen:

And, the registry is started:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22822
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am