Community Forum

Childhood Stories of Accidental Oops And Other Short Funnies

Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Re: Childhood Stories of Accidental Oops And Other Short Funnies

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
That does sound cool! Would be so much more cool if I knew exactly what you were talking about! :lol: But still, my ignorance only falls just short of the fact that my imagination is exceptional. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking: 'tissue culture' ~ underwater lettuce-like plant.
Or
The 'blow your nose' style of tissue culture? :| Weird, but still an interesting consideration. :lol:
Or, more likely:
A special style of plant cultured on a special base.
Oh! And I just remember what a 'tissue culture' is. :lol:

Even so, that IS cool that you're getting a tissue culture developed plant. I hope it survives and grows well in the tank :D
:D Thanks :D

I think I might make updates on how it goes on my farm log - it'll give me something to do, at least.
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

I just got my hair stuck in a fly trap! :lol:
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I accidentally microwaved my one waffle for 1 minute about two years ago and then it ended up being burnt to crisp :lol: :roll:
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

PeacefulOreo wrote:So I accidentally microwaved my one waffle for 1 minute about two years ago and then it ended up being burnt to crisp :lol: :roll:
:lol: my friend's brother accidentally microwaved a fork! :lol:
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Emlyn wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:So I accidentally microwaved my one waffle for 1 minute about two years ago and then it ended up being burnt to crisp :lol: :roll:
:lol: my friend's brother accidentally microwaved a fork! :lol:
lol, my older brother had several years ago microwaved a metal teapot
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Emlyn wrote: :lol: my friend's brother accidentally microwaved a fork! :lol:
:lol: you'd think they'd make a microwave that won't blow up because of metals! :lol:
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Emlyn wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
:lol: you'd think they'd make a microwave that won't blow up because of metals! :lol:
:lol:
Freeze Mackenzie02
Visit My Farm

Post by Freeze Mackenzie02 »

Malakai10 wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
I've got a land plant like that (his name is Sammy) if one of the stems breaks off then it grows exactly like Sammy! That's also how starfish work one loses a leg that leg turns into an identical starfish! It's very fascinating!
Exactly! Of course, the problem with asexual reproduction is when your parent plant is susceptible to a disease all of its clones are too... that's how bananas are at risk of being wiped out (I'm going to be honest, I think bananas are absolutely disgusting and even typing it makes me ill but somehow a lot of people like those things and they're important to the economy. On that, I should mention that more genetically diverse bananas have been developed- they're just green (or other colours, I think there might be a purple species? Don't quote me on this), even when ripe so people don't buy them but apparently they taste better. Also, monocultures are awful. Permaculture is the way to go~)
I agree Bananas are disgusting! maybe if they didn't feel like mush I don't mind the taste as long as it's not to strong (like dried bananas) but it's an actually throw up kinda fruit (gross). Also me and my sister (KotaTheKipster) put peanut butter in the microwave (don't remember why) and we watched it looked like their was lightning in the microwave (no joke!) my sister who was closer ripped the microwave open and waited before reaching in for the peanut butter We never did that again, and the parents never found out! (I think)
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

Post by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST »

Freeze Mackenzie02 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Exactly! Of course, the problem with asexual reproduction is when your parent plant is susceptible to a disease all of its clones are too... that's how bananas are at risk of being wiped out (I'm going to be honest, I think bananas are absolutely disgusting and even typing it makes me ill but somehow a lot of people like those things and they're important to the economy. On that, I should mention that more genetically diverse bananas have been developed- they're just green (or other colours, I think there might be a purple species? Don't quote me on this), even when ripe so people don't buy them but apparently they taste better. Also, monocultures are awful. Permaculture is the way to go~)
I agree Bananas are disgusting! maybe if they didn't feel like mush I don't mind the taste as long as it's not to strong (like dried bananas) but it's an actually throw up kinda fruit (gross). Also me and my sister (KotaTheKipster) put peanut butter in the microwave (don't remember why) and we watched it looked like their was lightning in the microwave (no joke!) my sister who was closer ripped the microwave open and waited before reaching in for the peanut butter We never did that again, and the parents never found out! (I think)
They might if they read this! :lol:
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Freeze Mackenzie02 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Exactly! Of course, the problem with asexual reproduction is when your parent plant is susceptible to a disease all of its clones are too... that's how bananas are at risk of being wiped out (I'm going to be honest, I think bananas are absolutely disgusting and even typing it makes me ill but somehow a lot of people like those things and they're important to the economy. On that, I should mention that more genetically diverse bananas have been developed- they're just green (or other colours, I think there might be a purple species? Don't quote me on this), even when ripe so people don't buy them but apparently they taste better. Also, monocultures are awful. Permaculture is the way to go~)
Once I had to do a bio prac where we had to mush up banana and taste it at some point. Even my classmates who liked banana found it disgusting! I asked for gloves and my examiner/teacher assumed I was allergic. I said absolutely nothing (and, I mean, my shrink at the time did call my sensory issues a mental allergy, so~ we didn't know that I was autistic, at the time.) Didn't have to do that part. We had to do a prac with pineapple at the end of the year - not as disgusting but I still can't touch it. The grade younger than us got to do a prac with kidneys or eyes or liver or something like that. How unfair!?! This year, we got to do a prac with 'snake venom'. That was cool.

Oh, wow. Once I put a metal spoon in the microwave because it was stuck in the chocolate I wanted to melt. No fire, just sparks. I told my mum and she looks at me and asks why I didn't melt it in the pot... so, if it's any reassurance, me with my very high IQ (tested) can still be an idiot. I once forgot that 2 was a factor of 4, by the way... matric and exhaustion is not good for cleverness :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:38 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:38 pm