Community Forum

Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Re: Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)

Post by horsesfurever »

Caramelapple3 wrote:
ivy020 wrote:Of course; improving my bloodlines is why I'm interested in joining your breeding group. As I've stated above, my breeding program is still very much a work in progress.

I'm presently focusing on refining my horses' conformation. I've put correct colouration in the backseat for now, as HWO does not restrict genes to certain breeds (unlike other horse sims, where a breed cannot have colours disallowed by its registry) and I would be discarding otherwise appropriate studs from my breeding program. Eventually, I completely intend to breed out undesired genes.

Regarding trading stock, I would only be willing to exchange horses of equivalent value. For example, a 5 star broodmare for another 5 star broodmare.

Also, it's fair to warn you that I would not be able to dedicate extensive commitment into this project, as I'm in university full time.

Please let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything else! c:
horsesfurever wrote:look above
I can't think of anything else you would need to clarify at the moment, but I pinged horsesfurever in case they have any more questions.
Sorry for the late reply! I've added you to the members list. Welcome to RABA!
Equine Excellence

High Quality Friesians, Rare Breeds, and More!

Co-Founder of the Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
Member of the Norwegian Fjord Breeding Registry (NFBR)
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Hi there! I rarely pop into the forums, but I’ve been working on breeding “realistic” Arabians for some time now. :) They’re not 100% up to standards right now — but they’re getting close! So I’ll join if you’ll have me. Just note; appearance is not my sole focus. It’s part of it, but I’m trying to keep high HGP / stats too.

Here’s my current breeding mares / stallions:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/81282
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/132881
NekoCookie
Visit My Farm

Post by NekoCookie »

Hello! I'm not going to fill in the sign up form just yet as I have a few questions. My current goal is breeding realistic arabians.. except with the pony body type. However, I was curious if it'd still be viable? I ask as sometimes my pony stallions/mares throw horse bodied foals, and I tend to rehome them. But if they could help you guys with RABA, I'd be happy to supply them. Let me know! Also I tend to go on breaks every few weeks after extensively playing, so I hope that's not a problem.

I have a few AC Arabian mares that may fit a few of your requirements, but my project is still very much a work in progress as I spend most of my time with my Belgian herd on my side account.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Ziel wrote:Hi there! I rarely pop into the forums, but I’ve been working on breeding “realistic” Arabians for some time now. :) They’re not 100% up to standards right now — but they’re getting close! So I’ll join if you’ll have me. Just note; appearance is not my sole focus. It’s part of it, but I’m trying to keep high HGP / stats too.

Here’s my current breeding mares / stallions:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/81282
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/132881
Hi Ziel!
Our ultimate goal is to create realistic Arabians whose HGPs/stats are on par with the super tall, non-realistic ones, so no worries. As long as appearance is something you're willing to work on, you're welcome to join us. If you could go ahead and fill out a sign-up form, that would be much appreciated!
Equine Excellence

horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

NekoCookie wrote:Hello! I'm not going to fill in the sign up form just yet as I have a few questions. My current goal is breeding realistic arabians.. except with the pony body type. However, I was curious if it'd still be viable? I ask as sometimes my pony stallions/mares throw horse bodied foals, and I tend to rehome them. But if they could help you guys with RABA, I'd be happy to supply them. Let me know! Also I tend to go on breaks every few weeks after extensively playing, so I hope that's not a problem.

I have a few AC Arabian mares that may fit a few of your requirements, but my project is still very much a work in progress as I spend most of my time with my Belgian herd on my side account.
Hi NekoCookie!
Unfortunately, pony type is not what we are looking for. We are aiming for 5* Arabian evaluations, so the pony type would not cut it. You could always start up your own community specifically for pony type Arabs. There are a lot of heavier breeds that require Arabian blood in the "recipe", and heavier typed Arabians could prove to be very helpful to many people.
If you could link the horses that you think might fit our requirements, I would be happy to take a look at them and potentially take them off your hands!
Equine Excellence

Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

Emlyn wrote:
horsesfurever wrote:
RABA Arabian Studbook
Coming Soon!
Username: Emlyn
Side Accounts (if any): none (maybe one in the future)
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: none (I think)
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: 100%
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: 100%
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: 100% (might take a few weeks but 100%)
Do you have any questions about RABA?:
Could I be a trainer or/and Champer?

I can train under 3 hwo (only start at newborn)
The highest I've champed is MGCH.
Hello Emlyn, sorry it took so long to get to you. Just letting you know I talked to horsesfurever, and we came to the conclusion that we don't really need a trainer/chamber. RABA is based on breeding for our requirements, so as long as you're willing to breed for our requirements I'm sure we will be happy to have you join.
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Caramelapple3 wrote:
Emlyn wrote:
Username: Emlyn
Side Accounts (if any): none (maybe one in the future)
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: none (I think)
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: 100%
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: 100%
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: 100% (might take a few weeks but 100%)
Do you have any questions about RABA?:
Could I be a trainer or/and Champer?

I can train under 3 hwo (only start at newborn)
The highest I've champed is MGCH.
Hello Emlyn, sorry it took so long to get to you. Just letting you know I talked to horsesfurever, and we came to the conclusion that we don't really need a trainer/chamber. RABA is based on breeding for our requirements, so as long as you're willing to breed for our requirements I'm sure we will be happy to have you join.
ok :D
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Emlyn wrote:
Just clarification... Are you interested in breeding for RABA, or just training/champing?
Equine Excellence

Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Username: Ziel
Side Accounts (if any): Z.A. Sanctuary
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: None - However, I am working towards this.
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes.
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: Yes.
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: I will work towards the goal conformation, but also keep HGP / stats in mind.
Do you have any questions about RABA?: Nope.
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Post by horsesfurever »

Ziel wrote:Username: Ziel
Side Accounts (if any): Z.A. Sanctuary
Number of RABA-type Arabians you own: None - However, I am working towards this.
Do you agree to the rules stated above?: Yes.
Are you willing to trade horses with other members in order to maintain a relatively low COI?: Yes.
Are you willing to strictly breed for the conformation traits listed above?: I will work towards the goal conformation, but also keep HGP / stats in mind.
Do you have any questions about RABA?: Nope.
Thanks! You're in. Welcome to RABA!
Equine Excellence

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:22 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:22 am