Searching For Stallion, Very Strong WPS, Tb, Tb mix or Grade

Post your horse for sale or horses you are looking to purchase
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Searching For Stallion, Very Strong WPS, Tb, Tb mix or Grade

Post by BlackOak2 »

Pbmbelfo wrote: Hi! I have this grade horse you may be interested in. https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2568342
So far, you have my interest. I'd like to see more competitions to see if that WPS holds. The times are decent. I generally give them a 20-entry as a test.

Right now, his major downside is the graying gene. But since it appears he only has one gene and none of the other 'negative traits' are in play, I'm not going to be picky about that.

Do you have an idea of price as he currently stands? Or are you awaiting more results to come in?

He holds at least that WPS with at least 20 entries, I'll give you an offer. At this point in time, I'm interested, but hesitant to propose a price.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Pbmbelfo
Visit My Farm

Post by Pbmbelfo »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Pbmbelfo wrote: Hi! I have this grade horse you may be interested in. https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2568342
So far, you have my interest. I'd like to see more competitions to see if that WPS holds. The times are decent. I generally give them a 20-entry as a test.

Right now, his major downside is the graying gene. But since it appears he only has one gene and none of the other 'negative traits' are in play, I'm not going to be picky about that.

Do you have an idea of price as he currently stands? Or are you awaiting more results to come in?

He holds at least that WPS with at least 20 entries, I'll give you an offer. At this point in time, I'm interested, but hesitant to propose a price.
I'm waiting for some results to come in! If the win percentage stays above 80 you can make an offer as I'm not great at pricing things :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Pbmbelfo wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I'm waiting for some results to come in! If the win percentage stays above 80 you can make an offer as I'm not great at pricing things :lol:
I will keep an eye on his progress for now then. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Pbmbelfo
Visit My Farm

Post by Pbmbelfo »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Pbmbelfo wrote: I'm waiting for some results to come in! If the win percentage stays above 80 you can make an offer as I'm not great at pricing things :lol:
Hi, unfortunately I won't be able to continue champing the horse. My dog passed away yesterday and I've had no motivation to do anything, you can make an offer if you like, but if you don't want to that's completely fine.
GoldenCenter
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenCenter »

BlackOak2 wrote:...
I have a GCh. Pure Thoroughbred stallion that I can't use to breed because he doesn't have feathers.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2654791

Don't know if you're still looking, but here he is. I also have this tb champ:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2903592
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

I may or may not have some that interest you. A little run down:
*My lines are not (and have not) been a very public line. Not now, and probably not ever. I have released horses, though not enough for the lines to be seen all around the marketplace and such.
*My good competition horses are somewhat private, though I don't mind making a few exceptions as I know you're a (more or less :twisted:) nice player willing to abide my wishes?
*I have many untested but possible competition horses which (if you are still in need by the time I test them... which who knows how long that will be) I can link to you here when they are tested
*I've got many different colouring horses that may be appealing to you- or they might not be that fascinating. Depends on what you're looking for.

If you don't mind, could you answer the following questions?

How many mares are you looking to breed to a (or some) stud(s) on average?
Are you able to keep the lines to yourself for (negotiable) 4-5 generations?
Is there anything you hadn't said in the first post that you are going to be doing with the foals publicly or privately?

With that being said, I'll link some of the stallions I'd let you stud to (depending on how many mares) if you are interested:

$ℱ~ Dom Perignon

Cons (considering what you are looking for):
*Champagne
*Tobiano stockings (you did mention you don't mind stockings or face markings, but it's tobiano nonetheless so I thought I'd list it under cons)
*Tall
*Has had 4 foals (none in which were released, however, one was given to Retsi as a gift. They are keeping it private, though)

Pros (considering what you are looking for):
*Tested in Racing & Steeplechasing
*Over 90% WPS in both Racing & Steeplechasing
*Best time in Racing is 1:59.59
*Best time in Steeplechasing is 10:14.08 (hasn't run that time in competitions, though. Only once in a local)
*Positive Racer stats and build

$ℱ~ Sawd's Dark Angel - 41.25

*Not tested in Racing (but he was tested in Obstacle Driving, if that interests you. **Accidental**)
*Stockings
*Very Light
*Green Stamina

*Tested in Sprint Racing (good times. Best is 41.25)
*On the charts for Sprinting (here, here, and here) which isn't anything big, but still an interesting point worth noting
*Over 90% WPS
*Good height

$ℱ~ Chollima

*Green Stamina
*Longer back
*Mixed (again you stated not a problem, but could take some of your time to breed back to pure)

*Tested in Racing (best is on the verge of under 2:00. His fastest is 2:00.09)
*Mowhawk lines (nothing too big, but a horse-specific a pro)
*Above average HGP
*Good height
*Cool name 8-)

{SH} Northern Lights ~ 01:59.51

*Not my lines
*Tobiano
*Tall
*Very low speed (does flex the heart, though)
*Low strength
*Champagne
*FameDaLupa lines

*Great heart
*No children
*Above average stamina
*Above 80% WPS

Spring Rosebud

*Not my lines
*Varnish
*9 children
*Average HGP
*Tall
*Below average confo (56 speed, 28 strength)
*Jewels65 lines

*Very fast (fastest time is 1:58.88
*Great heart
*Very nice Breeder's Report
*Jewels65 lines (yes, also a pro)
*Over 93% WPS

I probably have more some place. I'll link more here (if you are still in need) when I find them. Let me know when you can.

*I'll test some good-looking ones I have and post them here
**Here's a barn full of tested Thoroughbreds I don't want (some are private. They probably won't fit your requirements, but then again I could be wrong)
A wise man once said nothing at all.
GrayGray
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayGray »

I have a fine stallion of the Russian trotting breed, with the blood of thoroughbred horses. His WPS was equal to 100%, but it dropped to 93.5% because I released the main stallion into the competition, which ruined the statistics. You can find it in the TOP of the breed Russian Trotter. He has excellent results and a unique suit.
ᴿᵀᴳ Conspiracy

Yes, I know that he is not a thoroughbred, however, this is a beautiful stallion, and I am ready to share with you his skills.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Pbmbelfo wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Hi, unfortunately I won't be able to continue champing the horse. My dog passed away yesterday and I've had no motivation to do anything, you can make an offer if you like, but if you don't want to that's completely fine.
Keep yourself how you need to and don't worry about the game.

I expect to be looking for replacements regularly. For now I won't make an offer. If things change in the future (months down the road), that may change. If he gets aged out, that's not a big deal either. Play the game if it helps, ignore the world if it helps.

Return whenever you want to.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

GoldenCenter wrote:
I have a GCh. Pure Thoroughbred stallion that I can't use to breed because he doesn't have feathers.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2654791

Don't know if you're still looking, but here he is. I also have this tb champ:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2903592
Imperfect Sunrise goes back to club lines, so he doesn't qualify. In fact, his damsire is this horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2549533 who is an offspring of a foundation failure mare.

Brave Snicker is champed, but in his one competition, he simply does not hold the WPS I'm looking for.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Sawd10 wrote:
I may or may not have some that interest you. A little run down:
*My lines are not (and have not) been a very public line. Not now, and probably not ever. I have released horses, though not enough for the lines to be seen all around the marketplace and such.
*My good competition horses are somewhat private, though I don't mind making a few exceptions as I know you're a (more or less :twisted:) nice player willing to abide my wishes?
*I have many untested but possible competition horses which (if you are still in need by the time I test them... which who knows how long that will be) I can link to you here when they are tested
*I've got many different colouring horses that may be appealing to you- or they might not be that fascinating. Depends on what you're looking for.

If you don't mind, could you answer the following questions?

How many mares are you looking to breed to a (or some) stud(s) on average?
Are you able to keep the lines to yourself for (negotiable) 4-5 generations?
Is there anything you hadn't said in the first post that you are going to be doing with the foals publicly or privately?
Tackle this one at a time. :D

I cannot promise these lines will be kept private. They'll be used for the club and by the club, but club horses can and are sold to public (at a minimum of... I forget! :lol: Let me check the club page...
Approved Homes will receive a discounted price of your stock but will NOT be less then $100,000 base price.
Non-Approved Homes will NOT receive a discounted price of your stock. Base price will start at $500,000.
that is public sales, not club sales. Club sales are anywhere from gift to no-top-end). So you should consider your lines will be made public at some point in some number of generations.

So I could make some promises, depending on the horse and the request.
I'll be looking for awhile, I expect to have a slow turnover (I want to age out the studs at some point for new blood), so I'll be constantly on the hunt. And I'm fine with different colors, as long as I try to stay away from the primaries I've already named. It just makes it more difficult to identify them and as for gray, people aren't exactly fond of that color too much.

Now your direct questions.
I don't like to overbreed to the studs. Ten foals feels like too many. But good production stallions, I want to spread their genes around, so 20 foals might be all kept. Mares in total... it might be 20 different mares, but often times it ends up being like 3 foals from two or three mares or maybe 5 foals from one mare (although that's happened only once or twice). I cull quite hard. I usually tend to only keep 3 foals max from any one stud and unless the mare produces really well, I'll only keep the filly replacement from any singular mare. Good mares might have 5 or as many as 7 offspring. But again, many of my mares I'll only keep one or two... There has been mares that I've kept three from. Most of my stallions recently are being retired with only one offspring, so my numbers are dwindling. I need new blood.

As far as keeping the lines private for 4 to 5 generations. No. I could do so for two generations with a purebred. For mixed lines I could do until they're pure (I don't release mixed blood to club members). So a mixed offspring to be kept private would be the best bet. 50% would be pureblood in 4 generations I think (75%, 85% 90... something % then pureblood). With just the right stud, I might make an exception, but I'd have to limit it and only because I'd likely make a mistake and I don't want to make such a mistake. I don't want to blow future possibilities on the off chance of me forgetting something. So I'm taking the safest route I can. :mrgreen:
So automatically deny any of your blood that needs to remain exclusive for more than two generations. Just keeps things nice and easy.

As far as anything else that I might have them do... Don't think so. They'll be club horses. The stud will be just for my use on club mares... I may open the stud for a cross to an aid for club horses, but that is something I can close them off to. I already have at least one in that respect, so that's not an issue. Club mares, if producing with the cross well, those foals may become Foundation Horses. Foundation Horses are designated for new club members and members that want or need to replace their line. I can also close off those first generation foals from that, that's not a problem.
None of my club horses get sold to non-club members. But I haven't been policing whether they get sold again after they leave my hands and into a club-member's hands. So though they shouldn't be resold again, it's theoretically possible.
Any foal failures (those I deem cull-worthy) are open for club members to purchase. I could also close that off for first and second gen foals, that shouldn't be a problem.
I think that covers everything that I might do. If they're purblood and have good overall stats, I'd probably train and test them. If holding quite a nice WPS and times, I'd probably see if they'll break a record... But I think you'd expect something like that to happen anyway, since this is a competitive-style club and not just a 'for-breeding' club.

Okay. I'm only looking for purchase though. There might be an off-chance I'll stud, but I want to age-out the stock I use for this out-breeding, so purchase for that control is what I'm primarily looking for. The ability to obtain certain progeny individuals and then age-out of that stallion, but I don't know how long that stallion will need to remain alive before I can age them out. Certain mares can cooperate but rarely do so and other mares need boosters. Eh... *shrugs*

For overall information, Northern Lights WPS lineup:
Starts: 82
Firsts: 42
Seconds: 15
Thirds: 11

That's the style I'm looking for. Heavy on the firsts.
And that is one of the reasons I used FameDaLupa's lines so much. -_-
So now I want fresh blood to support that style.

I'm thinking that those you offered above are primarily for studding only and aren't actually for sale.

Dom Perignon fits the bill. Goes back to Flametail and also outcrosses to JW stock. GOOD lineup. He would do nicely and the champagne is only single. That can be overlooked. I can't see you willing to sell him though and I don't think I'd have the funds to purchase if you did! :lol: I think I'll keep him in mind for an outcross-stud though. I'm surprised his stud fee is as low as it is.

Dark Angel's parents appear to have produced more than just his very light style. Plus it appears both dame and sire have produce tobiano-coated offspring (or descendants). Though he fits the bill as well, these two things together are problematic for the club lines. I won't be able to use him. I still struggle with the very light body style myself and offering the tobiano-body genes into club lines will result in disqualifying offspring. So he's not an option. Great heart though!

Chollima is nice. On an off note, it appears he's developing an intermittent heart. Not really an issue, but he has some drastically slow times amongst his fast ones. After looking at his sire, I think that might be from his dame. It also appears both parents favor longer backs. I can deal with that, but it's not like a long-back fluke (they've produced offspring with similar back-styles). I'm hoping to not breed in intermittent heart, but that's only a minor flaw. Double cream is a problem, but workable. I'm not sure if you'd consider selling him and I don't think my offer (considering his flaws as a unit) would come to the type of offer that might sway your decision. Decent, just not suited strongly enough for my needs.

Northern Lights I already mentioned. He also fits the bill (save for his bloodline), but like Dom, I don't think you'd consider selling him. And I don't blame you. :D

Spring Rosebud's got the right WPS. Looks like he might have an intermittent heart development as well. He's already out-bred a bit and has produced at least one Very Light body style, but the heart remained true. That mare was a very light, I'll blame that outcome on her. Another progeny proved heart passage as well, on a light body frame... back appears to hold at 'middling' for those couple offspring. He could work. Single cream gene. I'm not fond of Jewel lines, but like you, they have some of the good stuff. The COI gets me and he has the high COI as well. He also goes back to FamedaLupa's lines as well. It's a good cross, but I'm not fond of him after seeing the amount of inbreeding in such a few short generations. Shame I'm so adverse to it. He was growing on me as a possibility. And again, I'd have to see if you'd sell. :P

Now for the barn of potential sales.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2513158 This one interested me, until the pedigree went back to club lines. XD Whoops!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2575413 He interests me kind of... very light and long back are disadvantageous though. And it appears his line might favor both of them as well. Don't think he'd work out, regardless of his WPS...

Well... I expected a long journey, especially with the hard edge of pickiness I'm choosing.

That last one though, he's the only offspring of that sire, is he still meant for sale? I took notice of that. I usually, personally, save at least one offspring from the studs and one from the mares, even if they fail themselves... so I had to question it.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:58 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:58 pm