Community Forum

Lets Talk About Champing Horses

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Lets Talk About Champing Horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

Thundermare wrote:I think it's good that we brought this up. I'm guilty of force pointing my horses to SMGCh but I don't do it for profit. I just do it because I like seeing titles on my horses and none of my speed champed horses are up for sale. I have seen others for sale though, so it's good to be educated on force pointing so nobody gets scammed.

It helps to pay attention to the horse's minimum competition level. If the comp level is at 10 or another really high level that's a sign that the horse has been force pointed. Competiton level can tell you a lot ;)

I have another example of a below average horse making it to champion levels:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2040986
I say "below average" because she is completely untrained. Thank you for posting this; it's very helpful. :)
Hidalgo wrote:...
This is an excellent example of a force-pointed horse, and this competition shows it:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/compet ... ?edition=1

You can, though you don't have to, add an explanation between 'Force-Pointed' horses and 'False-Pointed' horses. :D Or just leave it as force-pointed.
Really, the False-Pointed horses are called such because they're force-pointed for the sole purpose of misrepresenting the titles during sale. It's semantics though.

By the way, I've already attached this to my quicklinks, under the Competition & Breeding Studies section.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Thundermare wrote:I think it's good that we brought this up. I'm guilty of force pointing my horses to SMGCh but I don't do it for profit. I just do it because I like seeing titles on my horses and none of my speed champed horses are up for sale. I have seen others for sale though, so it's good to be educated on force pointing so nobody gets scammed.

It helps to pay attention to the horse's minimum competition level. If the comp level is at 10 or another really high level that's a sign that the horse has been force pointed. Competiton level can tell you a lot ;)

I say "below average" because she is completely untrained. Thank you for posting this; it's very helpful. :)
This is an excellent example of a force-pointed horse, and this competition shows it:

You can, though you don't have to, add an explanation between 'Force-Pointed' horses and 'False-Pointed' horses. :D Or just leave it as force-pointed.
Really, the False-Pointed horses are called such because they're force-pointed for the sole purpose of misrepresenting the titles during sale. It's semantics though.

By the way, I've already attached this to my quicklinks, under the Competition & Breeding Studies section.
I can't believe I forgot about mentioning inflated comps since that's how I title my "speed champed" horses :lol:

But yes, inflated comps is how force (or false) pointed horses are champed so fast, though the mare above took quite a few months despite being entered in inflated comps since I never trained her. I don't know why I didn't mention that, it completely slipped my mind. :oops:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Thundermare wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I can't believe I forgot about mentioning inflated comps since that's how I title my "speed champed" horses :lol:

But yes, inflated comps is how force (or false) pointed horses are champed so fast, though the mare above took quite a few months despite being entered in inflated comps since I never trained her. I don't know why I didn't mention that, it completely slipped my mind. :oops:
Quite a few months, perhaps, but only 91 competitions to be fully titled out, considering everything. It's quite an accomplishment. And very eye catching overall.
Congrats on that uphill goal! :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Oh yes, that's a very good point about the comp levels. I am guilty of force champing 2 of my horses because I needed them to have the Champion title within a few hours (long story haha) :oops: I also accidentally created an untrained Champion in the process :lol: But I don't consider the two I force champed to be complete cheaters because I continued to compete them normally and one of them maintained a good WPS. The other one I stopped competing because her WPS dropped below what I consider satisfactory so she'll probably be a broodmare. If I remember correctly these are them https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2988730 https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2989645
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

BlackOak2 wrote:

Thank you, that's a good distinction to make. I'll add more about it. It hadn't occurred to me that some people do it for the sole purpose of tricking someone else, I just figured it was newer players that didn't understand the relationship between the title and the WPS :) I'd prefer not to add the horse you mentioned to the original post though because I'd prefer not to make one player feel singled out for an example, but for anyone who reads this far I think the horse you linked will be helpful.
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Hidalgo wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Thank you, that's a good distinction to make. I'll add more about it. It hadn't occurred to me that some people do it for the sole purpose of tricking someone else, I just figured it was newer players that didn't understand the relationship between the title and the WPS :) I'd prefer not to add the horse you mentioned to the original post though because I'd prefer not to make one player feel singled out for an example, but for anyone who reads this far I think the horse you linked will be helpful.
That's fine! It's no problem; that's my horse :lol:

I didn't realize that people false pointed horses until recently. It's a good thing I keep my studs fairly cheap (unless they're a unique color or have great stats) or else I fear I would have been accused of false pointing. :shock:
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Thundermare wrote:
Hidalgo wrote: Thank you, that's a good distinction to make. I'll add more about it. It hadn't occurred to me that some people do it for the sole purpose of tricking someone else, I just figured it was newer players that didn't understand the relationship between the title and the WPS :) I'd prefer not to add the horse you mentioned to the original post though because I'd prefer not to make one player feel singled out for an example, but for anyone who reads this far I think the horse you linked will be helpful.
That's fine! It's no problem; that's my horse :lol:

I didn't realize that people false pointed horses until recently. It's a good thing I keep my studs fairly cheap (unless they're a unique color or have great stats) or else I fear I would have been accused of false pointing. :shock:
Oh right I didn't notice it was the same horse :lol: I'll add her and that competition link as well then!
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Hidalgo wrote:
Thundermare wrote: That's fine! It's no problem; that's my horse :lol:

Oh right I didn't notice it was the same horse :lol: I'll add her and that competition link as well then!
No problem! I have examples of all types of force pointed horses if you ever need any more :lol:
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Thundermare wrote:
Hidalgo wrote: Oh right I didn't notice it was the same horse :lol: I'll add her and that competition link as well then!
No problem! I have examples of all types of force pointed horses if you ever need any more :lol:
If you happen to have one with the SMCGh title and only like 3-5 starts I could add it as well :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

:D

The additions are great!
If I do come across one that has under 10 starts with a really high title, I'll also link it as an example.

By the way, Force Pointing horses isn't cheating. It's a way to provide a service for players that like titles. :P

I wonder what'll change with this service specifically, when we get our competition overhaul handed to us...?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:37 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:37 pm