Sprint racing conformation charts

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Sprint racing conformation charts

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote: Mostly all I've seen is that once it reaches a certain point, it appears to become mostly irrelevant — mostly it seems that you don't need to breed the highest confo stats you can get. Perhaps I should do a chart of sprint times vs average of relevant stats. An average of 40-50 between the relevant stats seem to be where sprint racing conformation is at it's ideal. tbh the most insight I've gotten from this is that i apparently do stats for fun :lol:

I've started collecting the data for confo and breeders report (starting with barrel racing then I'll work my way down the list) and that, I must admit, is very arduous to input although I suspect that it might offer more insight (once I get to sprint racing, at the very least, it should hopefuply allow me to judge whether I should discard foals that have few green/gold stats without needing to test them.)
Hmm.
I don't know what programs (or how advanced they are) you're working with or how handy you are with them, but I have a suggestion for the data.
You may (or should) be able to input data into one chart, all of the horses' stats. And then on another (discipline) tell it to pull the relevant data from the primary chart. At least, you won't have to input the information multiple times for the same horse.
I know it's possible, but have no clue how to do it and what minimum class of excel or excel-style program would be needed. Nor can I say if it'll be easier learning the technique then doing it manually, if that's how you're going about it now. :lol:

And,
tbh the most insight I've gotten from this is that i apparently do stats for fun :lol:
^ ^ I'm kind of like this too. :lol: :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Mostly all I've seen is that once it reaches a certain point, it appears to become mostly irrelevant — mostly it seems that you don't need to breed the highest confo stats you can get. Perhaps I should do a chart of sprint times vs average of relevant stats. An average of 40-50 between the relevant stats seem to be where sprint racing conformation is at it's ideal. tbh the most insight I've gotten from this is that i apparently do stats for fun :lol:

I've started collecting the data for confo and breeders report (starting with barrel racing then I'll work my way down the list) and that, I must admit, is very arduous to input although I suspect that it might offer more insight (once I get to sprint racing, at the very least, it should hopefuply allow me to judge whether I should discard foals that have few green/gold stats without needing to test them.)
Hmm.
I don't know what programs (or how advanced they are) you're working with or how handy you are with them, but I have a suggestion for the data.
You may (or should) be able to input data into one chart, all of the horses' stats. And then on another (discipline) tell it to pull the relevant data from the primary chart. At least, you won't have to input the information multiple times for the same horse.
I know it's possible, but have no clue how to do it and what minimum class of excel or excel-style program would be needed. Nor can I say if it'll be easier learning the technique then doing it manually, if that's how you're going about it now. :lol:

And,
tbh the most insight I've gotten from this is that i apparently do stats for fun :lol:
I'm using Microsoft Excel - and I definitely could use a function or edit the chart to put in only certain stats but to be honest it's just easier to copy and paste what I want from the full chart to a different set of columns and rows.

IT'S NOT ONLY ME!!! :D :D :D :D hahahah!!! I knew my love of maths and stats was shared by at least one other person!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Hmm.

And,
I'm using Microsoft Excel - and I definitely could use a function or edit the chart to put in only certain stats but to be honest it's just easier to copy and paste what I want from the full chart to a different set of columns and rows.

IT'S NOT ONLY ME!!! :D :D :D :D hahahah!!! I knew my love of maths and stats was shared by at least one other person!!
Math can pretty much be used to prove AND disprove the same thing at the same time. :lol:

However, it keeps things nice and straight. There's no 'wiggle room' when it comes to flat numbers. So for an OCD-like personality, it's very grounding. And irritating! :D

But the actual work of putting in the numbers and watching as the graphs move into patterns, it's engrossing in a way a meteorologist is engrossed in cloud forms! :lol: Another thing I like to do!
And even better when those patterns in the graphs actually reveal something useful. :twisted:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: I'm using Microsoft Excel - and I definitely could use a function or edit the chart to put in only certain stats but to be honest it's just easier to copy and paste what I want from the full chart to a different set of columns and rows.

Math can pretty much be used to prove AND disprove the same thing at the same time. :lol:

However, it keeps things nice and straight. There's no 'wiggle room' when it comes to flat numbers. So for an OCD-like personality, it's very grounding. And irritating! :D

But the actual work of putting in the numbers and watching as the graphs move into patterns, it's engrossing in a way a meteorologist is engrossed in cloud forms! :lol: Another thing I like to do!
And even better when those patterns in the graphs actually reveal something useful. :twisted:
Yessss!!! And it's just like that skeleton meme with the skull going 'yes yes YES' and then if it reveals something useful it's like *chef's kiss* YES
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote: Yessss!!! And it's just like that skeleton meme with the skull going 'yes yes YES' and then if it reveals something useful it's like *chef's kiss* YES
You know it! :twisted:

It's just like that.
*Smug*
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
I have managed to get make an excel formula that reads the text from Silverine's BR to a score chart and gives me the number so I don't have to manually input this!! Of course all of the gendering in the BR made it harder than it should have been *sigh* but anyway I just use find and replace to sort that out. It should make creating the charts significantly easier! I'm going to try and see if I can insert the information easily from HWO - perhaps then people can send in data for me to add to the chart.
MNOP
1Name Score
2(insert) (insert)
3Conformation and BR
4Speed (insert) Strength (insert)
5Strength (insert) Speed (insert)
6Stamina (insert) Stamina (insert)
7Intelligence (insert) Movement (insert)
8Balance (insert) Tempo (insert)
9Movement (insert) Balance (insert)
10Agility (insert) Agility (insert)
11Tempo (insert) Intelligence (insert)
12Confo BR
14 Score and name =CONCAT(N2;" ";M2)
15 Speed Confo =N4
16 Strength Confo =N5
17 Stamina Confo =N6
18 Balance Confo =N8
19 Movement Confo =N9
20 Agility Confo =N10
21 Tempo Confo =N11
22 Strength BR =VLOOKUP(P4; Sheet3!$A$3:$B$49; 2; FALSE)
23 Speed BR =VLOOKUP(P5; Sheet3!$C$3:$D$49; 2; FALSE)
24 Stamina BR =VLOOKUP(P6; Sheet3!$E$3:$F$49; 2; FALSE)
25 Movement BR =VLOOKUP(P7; Sheet3!$G$3:$H$49; 2; FALSE)
26 Tempo BR =VLOOKUP(P8; Sheet3!$I$3:$J$49; 2; FALSE)
27 Balance BR =VLOOKUP(P9; Sheet3!$K$3:$L$49; 2; FALSE)
28 Agility BR =VLOOKUP(P10; Sheet3!$M$3:$N$49; 2; FALSE)
29 Intelligence BR =VLOOKUP(P11; Sheet3!$O$3:$P$49; 2; FALSE)
Last edited by Malakai10 on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Name Score
1085 RSÆ Glaze's Phenomenon Remedy 00:40.25
Conformation and BR
Speed 55
Strength 34
Stamina 36
Intelligence Conformation does not affect Intelligence
Balance 29
Movement 30
Agility 29
Tempo 29
This stallion seems as strong as average.
This stallion is unbelievably fast!
This stallion's endurance is higher than average.
This stallion walks in a perfect manner.
Your stallion keeps time well.
I haven't seen this stallion trip once.
This stallion is sprightly, you should be proud!
Bloody stallion is smart! Too smart!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Malakai10 wrote:..
Excellent!
Although that still looks like a bunch of nonsense to the naked eye! :lol:

Once it's start being used, it should make it much smoother. And a lot easier to read. :D

I did link this into my quicklinks. Don't know why I didn't before. -_- Just being thick, I think. :D Under breeding section.

Also... *ahhh* *contented sigh* OCD-like feelings settling. :P
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote:..
Excellent!

Once it's start being used, it should make it much smoother. And a lot easier to read. :D

I did link this into my quicklinks. Don't know why I didn't before. -_- Just being thick, I think. :D Under breeding section.

It's so satisfying once it all goes right.

I was thinking of perhaps doing box and whisker diagrams at a later point, perhaps of the horses average confo and BR combined. I don't know if it will reveal anything but perhaps it will.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Malakai10 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Excellent!

It's so satisfying once it all goes right.

I was thinking of perhaps doing box and whisker diagrams at a later point, perhaps of the horses average confo and BR combined. I don't know if it will reveal anything but perhaps it will.
I've gone and made this topic to post my charts in!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 5:10 pm

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:10 pm