Community Forum

~Puzzling Coat~

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
kasey1732
Visit My Farm

Re: ~Puzzling Coat~

Post by kasey1732 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: i dont know :lol:
Here's a quick rundown of hints to look for, when looking for, or dealing with pearl.

--> A single cream (palomino, smoky black or brown & buckskin) CANNOT be carrying a pearl gene.
--> If the horse is not champagne and the eyes are not clearly dark, the horse is either a double cream or a cream & pearl.
--> Pearl is recessive, meaning that the bloodline will show 'plain' looking horses then suddenly a double dilute and then again plain looking horses (when bred to other plain looking horses). So the pedigree will look rather normal, as like this horse's pedigree: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2308442 (there's also some brilliantly strong duns there too).
--> Pearl can be easily mistaken for double cream, with the same pink skin, except pearl offers darker manes (then double cream) and has dark eyes (with the exception of the tiger eye gene).
--> A double pearl can never come from a single cream, regardless of the color.
--> Two solid-colored horses can produce a double dilute pearl foal.
--> One solid-colored horse and a double dilute can produce a double dilute pearl (which means each parent carries a single pearl gene (the double dilute then is a cream & pearl or a double pearl).
--> Two double dilutes can produce a double dilute pearl (which means both parents are a cream & pearl or also double pearl).

:mrgreen:
Definitely adding to my notes, Thank you!
"Remember to count the strides"
╭══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╮
»kasey1732»
╰══• ೋ•✧๑♡๑✧•ೋ •══╯
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:33 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:33 am