Community Forum

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Heartland2001
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by Heartland2001 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: Will do (:
You can start working on the breed linked above the post you quoted :D
okie dokie
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeds for Breeders To Work On

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:Dol Gudbrandsdel

This is what everyone should start working on. 5* or 4* Friesians shouldn't be too hard to get.

***Will be updated once we get a pair of the breed, so keep checking this post***
Here's some quick breed info for everyone:

Dol Gudbrandsdel = [ Arabian x Forest Horse ] x [ Friesian x Thoroughbred ]

Eval:
Height = 14.0hh to 15.1hh
Build = Medium Light to Medium Heavy
Size = 45% to 65%
Type = 60% Horse Type to 60% Pony Type

===============================================================================================

Forest Horses should be in the 4-5* evaluation range by default with these specifications. There should be some cheap ones in the Market; they might not have the best HGP though. If HGP is a worry then let me know; I have a list of some higher HGP studs that you can make more Forest Horses with. If needs must then I can loan out my two 4* ones (both 0.1-2hh too tall) but I'd definitely want them back afterwards. I would highly recommend using a Forest Horse mare and mixing with one of my Arabian studs for the [Forest Horse x Arabian] half of the equation.

Arabians and Thoroughbreds might be harder with this, Arabians in particular as they tend to be Light/Very Light with very little size and very much Horse-Type. I kind of have that covered, though!

I have a 3* Arabian stallion (x) that I can put up for stud. He's just barely too light build-wise and only has a 1% size (yikes). You might be able to get a 4* [Forest Horse x Arabian] cross out of him with Size being too small due to that.

I can also offer a [95% Arabian x 5% Shetland] mix that could possibly be bred to make a better Arabian eval for this. He's a stud as well; he's 17hh, Heavy, 46.5%, and 90% Pony-Type. He's in the upper range of everything save for size, but size is always an issue with Arabians. The best you could probably get without more crossing might be a 4* eval from him with size being under the mark. He only has to be bred to once via a pure Arabian mare to make a 100% Arabian foal.

I can tell you with a large amount of certainty that there's no public studs that'll match better than that; trust me, I had to breed mine because there was nothing over Light, let alone Pony-Type. As a note, all of my stud fees will be a $1,000 default.

I have a 4* Friesian stud (too tall) that I can offer coverings from as well.

And the best I have for TB is a 2* stud.

I'll edit this as I go through public studs. I can't really breed and take turns right now because of my internet, but I can help out in this way!

Public Studs:
Note: I've checked and none of these are private studs as far as I can tell. The owners also don't say not to crossbreed, so they should be all good!
ℍℍ Caramel Sprinkles || Friesian || 5* || Fee: 35k
|δφ| Coachella Valley || Friesian || 5* || Fee: 30k

Rebel || Thoroughbred || 3* (Height, Size) || Fee: 25k
Almost 4*; Build is slightly too light.
Zorro || Thoroughbred || 3* (Height, Type)|| Fee: 5k
Almost 4*; Build is slightly too light.
Copper || Thoroughbred || 2* (Height) || Fee: 500
Almost 4*; Build is slightly too light, Size is only 6% off.
JHC Soaring Checker || Thoroughbred || 2* (Height) || Fee: 10k
Almost 4*; Build is slightly too light, Type is only 7% off.
{HHR} Rain Forest || Thoroughbred || 0* || Fee: 400k
Almost 4* Height is barely too short, Build is slightly too light, Type is 3% off.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:...
Extra Breeder
Username(s): Iris Rock Stables (Main), Iris Rock 2, Royal Dressage
Do you meet the preferred note: I can do everything, but I am working towards getting premium.
Why you want to join as an extra breeder: Because I think it's a fun task to do, but yet still challenging. And also because rare breeds won't be as rare
Other: Nope

Breeder
Username(s): Look above lol
Do You Meet The Preferred Note: Yes I do
Why You Want To Join As A Breeder (Optional): Only because if I can't get the role of being a extra breeder, I at least have a role in some other one
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Iris rock stables wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:...
Extra Breeder
Do you meet the preferred note: I can do everything, but I am working towards getting premium.
Why you want to join as an extra breeder: Because I think it's a fun task to do, but yet still challenging. And also because rare breeds won't be as rare

Breeder
Why You Want To Join As A Breeder (Optional): Only because if I can't get the role of being a extra breeder, I at least have a role in some other one
You're in :)

PS: Would you just like to be an Extra Breeder or a Breeder or both?
Iris Rock Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Iris Rock Stables »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
Iris rock stables wrote: Extra Breeder

Breeder
You're in :)

PS: Would you just like to be an Extra Breeder or a Breeder or both?
Extra breeder will be my choice :)
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:

Eval:
Size = 45% to 65%

===============================================================================================

Forest Horses should be in the 4-5* evaluation range by default with these specifications. There should be some cheap ones in the Market; they might not have the best HGP though. If HGP is a worry then let me know; I have a list of some higher HGP studs that you can make more Forest Horses with. If needs must then I can loan out my two 4* ones (both 0.1-2hh too tall) but I'd definitely want them back afterwards. I would highly recommend using a Forest Horse mare and mixing with one of my Arabian studs for the [Forest Horse x Arabian] half of the equation.

Arabians and Thoroughbreds might be harder with this, Arabians in particular as they tend to be Light/Very Light with very little size and very much Horse-Type. I kind of have that covered, though!

I have a 3* Arabian stallion (x) that I can put up for stud. He's just barely too light build-wise and only has a 1% size (yikes). You might be able to get a 4* [Forest Horse x Arabian] cross out of him with Size being too small due to that.

I can also offer a [95% Arabian x 5% Shetland] mix that could possibly be bred to make a better Arabian eval for this. He's a stud as well; he's 17hh, Heavy, 46.5%, and 90% Pony-Type. He's in the upper range of everything save for size, but size is always an issue with Arabians. The best you could probably get without more crossing might be a 4* eval from him with size being under the mark. He only has to be bred to once via a pure Arabian mare to make a 100% Arabian foal.

I can tell you with a large amount of certainty that there's no public studs that'll match better than that; trust me, I had to breed mine because there was nothing over Light, let alone Pony-Type. As a note, all of my stud fees will be a $1,000 default.

I'll edit this as I go through public studs. I can't really breed and take turns right now because of my internet, but I can help out in this way!

Public Studs:
Note: I've checked and none of these are private studs as far as I can tell. The owners also don't say not to crossbreed, so they should be all good!
Thank you for that; I'm currently going through my herds xD
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:

Eval:
Size = 45% to 65%

Public Studs:
Thank you for that; I'm currently going through my herds xD
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3683296
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3677319
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2935583
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3618101
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3621266
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3673074
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3618457
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3617876
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3606981
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3627541
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3643590

Are my TBs with some eval
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've edited my post with more public TBs as well.
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
If you guys want me to start working on getting some horses from the market let me know. I can also put some on my freeze for later if needed!
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

UnpredictableDragon wrote:
End wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
If you guys want me to start working on getting some horses from the market let me know. I can also put some on my freeze for later if needed!
Yes, we need to start as soon as we can :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm