Community Forum

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:Updates from me:

I've got 100% Dole foals being born! I'd have to look at them to see what their evals are but I think I should have a few 3*+ for either Lat or Norths. I'm going to work on getting them to 4-5* evals before I start working on Norths more seriously.

I'm having a slight space issue between doing Doles and working on getting the low HGP quest done. Once I get some good evals I might pass them over temporarily so that I can age things out in my farm and get space back before getting into breeding if there's someone who'd be willing to hold and return some Doles for me. My other account's very full of Tarpans at the moment and I don't want to get rid of them right now else I'd use it.

I've got some interesting colors going on. A lot of champagnes, but also some seals and some blankets. A lot of them have tiger eyes as well, which is a bonus. Their HGPs are settling in the 40-50k range at the moment which is lower than I wanted, but it is what it is. Once I get Norths being made and finally some Lats, I'll probably take a break from RBRC specific breeds to work on my breed quests.
I'm taking a ton of courses on my two frozen accounts but I'm not using the space. Although I can't take any pregnant mares, I can hold around 18 extra horses if you want to send some over :)

(Also, no problem about the break, I know you have other projects that are important to you :D )
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:I'm taking a ton of courses on my two frozen accounts but I'm not using the space. Although I can't take any pregnant mares, I can hold around 18 extra horses if you want to send some over :)

(Also, no problem about the break, I know you have other projects that are important to you :D )
Perfect, I'll let you know when I have a finalized group to start passing over.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
horsegirl008~2 wrote:Okay, my first mission is underway! I bought and bred a Forest Horse mare to a Dole Gudbrandsdal stallion, so hopefully we'll get a North Swedish Horse! Fingers crossed ;)
Forest Horse mare: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3722291
Dole Gudbrandsdal stallion: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3734862
I'm also waiting for this little gal to reach breeding age so I can try to make a mini!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3741794
That's perfect :)

The mare is a 3 for the North Swedish, but the stallion is N/A. I'd recommend one of the studs we already have as they are in the 3/4 range :)
Sounds great! Could you link a few studs you'd recommend?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

horsegirl008~2 wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote: That's perfect :)

The mare is a 3 for the North Swedish, but the stallion is N/A. I'd recommend one of the studs we already have as they are in the 3/4 range :)
Sounds great! Could you link a few studs you'd recommend?
You can try this one of mine if you can't find a better match; it's the best I personally have right now for your mare.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
horsegirl008~2 wrote: Sounds great! Could you link a few studs you'd recommend?
You can try this one of mine if you can't find a better match; it's the best I personally have right now for your mare.
Thanks! I'll use him as soon as my mare pops :)
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Update:

I have my first Dole that evaluates as a 5* North Swedish! She's a Cremello Filly with favorable Size and Type stats. Her HGP is decently high; I think with the right stud her foals can cross over 50k.

I'd like to get a few more 5*s before I start North Swedish; we'll see what I end up with by the time she's aged up. If I don't have enough 5* evals then I'll use her to help fix that.

I do have a few 4* evaluating Latvian Doles, but I think they're both 97% rather than 100%. While the 97% works, I'm going to keep refining and see if I can't get 4-5* evals on 100% Doles instead.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

I have a 50% Dole 50% Forest horse colt for sale if anybody wants him for their project! Well, he's not for sale yet but he will be if you ask :mrgreen: I don't care how much you offer :)

Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:Update:

I have my first Dole that evaluates as a 5* North Swedish! She's a Cremello Filly with favorable Size and Type stats. Her HGP is decently high; I think with the right stud her foals can cross over 50k.

I'd like to get a few more 5*s before I start North Swedish; we'll see what I end up with by the time she's aged up. If I don't have enough 5* evals then I'll use her to help fix that.

I do have a few 4* evaluating Latvian Doles, but I think they're both 97% rather than 100%. While the 97% works, I'm going to keep refining and see if I can't get 4-5* evals on 100% Doles instead.
hi i was just wondering if you had any Haflinger studs the i could stud to thanks in advance :D
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Heartland2001 wrote: hi i was just wondering if you had any Haflinger studs the i could stud to thanks in advance :D
I don't think I've gotten to that breed yet, but when I do I 'll let you know. :)
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Heartland2001 wrote: hi i was just wondering if you had any Haflinger studs the i could stud to thanks in advance :D
I don't think I've gotten to that breed yet, but when I do I 'll let you know. :)
oh well i was just browsing you side acc and i thought i saw one :D
Heartland Stables Breeder Of Quality TBs And More
Image Image
If You Fall Off You Have To Get Back On To Overcome Your Fears
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:35 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:35 pm