Community Forum

CLOSED

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

UniqueFarms wrote:Hey! Was wondering if I could add another position to my role. Now I want to be a breeder, no need to be any specific type of breeder so why not apply for the 3 out of the 4 types of breeders.

BREEDER FORM-
Username(s): UniqueFarms, UniqueFarmsHolding, UniqueFarmsBoarding
Do You Meet The Preferred Note: Yes, I do.
Why You Want To Join As A Breeder (Optional): So I can give back and help more people than before.
Other: -

CHALLENGED BREEDER-
Why You Think You Qualify (Optional): Because I was able to successfully breed a Gotland (191 population) a little while ago.
Why You Want To Join As A Challenged Breeder (Optional): So I can see myself with more success.
Proof of Experience (Optional): Above.

SPECIFIC BREEDER-
Project Includes: Gotland, and Konik because you need Konik's to breed a Gotland.
Preferred Breed: Gotland.
Why You Want To Join As A Specific Breeder: So I could see myself with more success or just to help others more.

Ping to the leader for them to see
“Gabby_Woodlark” wrote:Ping
So sorry I didn't see this sooner, notifications are a huge hassle for me ^^'

You're accepted in :)
Last edited by Gabby_Woodlark on Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:So sorr I didn't see this sooner, notifications are a huge hassle for me ^^'

No worries! I can barely keep track of my inbox! Am I in for all 3?
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

UniqueFarms wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:So sorry I didn't see this sooner, notifications are a huge hassle for me ^^'

No worries! I can barely keep track of my inbox! Am I in for all 3?
Yup :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

UniqueFarms wrote:Thanks for the updates! Not sure if I'm the only one who reads them, but whatever. Just wondering if the forest horse is an AC? I would take him/her if it is an AC horse (Dam & Sire 'unknown').

I think everyone in the RBRC has almost, like... I don't want to say it this way, but kind of abandoned it. No-one is active here unless something exciting is happening. I also want to agree that it's good to go back to your own personal projects once in a while. Most people, I would assume, will get bored of breeding, and breeding, and breeding horses that they are not necessarily interested in, but want to do it for the community.

I've taken many breaks from breeding horses Incorporated with the RBRC, and I actually have moved them for a holding account so I could actually get stuff done :oops: .

Also, I found on the market, a Dole Stallion for sale for $100. The seller was 'Sandalwood Project' I believe. It had the RBRC tag on it so I wasn't sure that's who bred it. Turns out, you bred it. Not sure if you want him back but here he is.
My Forest Horses aren't super close to AC; Cedar's at 58k HGP and noted as a +3, so one or more of his four grandparents are AC. Same with my highest mare (61k). My current highest colt (also 61k HGP) is 4+. I think I still have some AC mares that you can have if you'd like them, though. This one's AC and has been up for sale for a little bit, probably because she's an older horse.

Indeed. I haven't heard much from anyone save for you and Gabby, so I figure everyone else is taking a break from the game or has quit the club without leaving a head's up. I appreciate the member count, but the lake built upon the sweat of our labor is suspiciously dry. Therefore any Lats I personally make will only be offered to the active members such as you and Gabby. It'll then be up to you guys to decide if you want to pass them out further; I won't be keeping any of them since I plan to breed them all over again once they pop up in my quests. Latvians aren't a bad collector's horse, but ultimately it's just taking up space if it's a breed you'll never use. Regardless, it seems only fair that those who are more active in the current goal horse get the first pick of the current goal horse.

No worries about taking breaks. I had a point where I stopped taking turns for nearly a month because I needed one and just responded in the forums. Everyone gets burnt out sometimes; I've been considering many a project to do after this just for the fun of it, and I might pause from the Miniatures to mess around with Turkmenes again just to see if I can't get that elusive sooty dapple to show up.

I did sell them a bunch of Doles; they're going to be used in one of rosie's PT competitions where you get a foal, get it trained, and enter it in a lot of competitions. At the moment they're working on improving HGP, so that's likely why they got rid of that one. You can keep it if you'd like; I'm to the point where I'm done with the Doles and moving on completely to North Swedish Horses. I'm currently selling all of the Doles on this account by the way, so if you'd like any more you can have some. They're all $1 for fellow club members since I won't be donating this batch of income and instead will be keeping it to fund my efforts.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:I've been here. Extremely quiet, but here. I've been working on my Dole × North crosses. My best is a 4* LHH evaluated girl who's a Part Dole × North (71%). HGP has been slowly rising, it's currently in the 40ks.

The LHH Doles are being frozen as when I finally have a purebred North with good eval and HGP, I can breed them all together and hope for the best outcome.

:D
If you need any Norths let me know; I can offer coverings to a 57k HGP one, but I have a 48k HGP one that's better for preparing for Latvian evals. I also have fillies and colts that're in the 40k-55k range.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

EclipticEnd wrote:...
I totally get it. Not a-lot of people have AC horses just sitting around, assuming they would have no use for them. Once in a while I will just go on the Sales Market to try and find an AC horse that newbies are selling for cheap, instead of using 25 PT to do so. Lately, I haven't been very fortunate on that, so I've been asking around a small bit. Of course its not the end if I end up having to buy one for 25 PT.

I can totally see why people aren't as intrigued as in the beginning just because of our repeated drudgery. Just some ideas on how we can reassemble this club/group; We can have options on which breed we should start with, Getting everyone's input on things our leads do/say, or even the simplest thing is that we can make a 'Question of The Day' sort of thing. That could include "How's everyone's progress doing?". Or so simple like "How is your day going?", that could really encourage people to keep coming back and being active on here.

Yes, taking breaks really doesn't hurt anybody. So I just suggest things to keep people checking up on here atleast once a week, or have small giveaways that conclude 'Whoever has bred the most -----, gets this 58K HGP Dole (or whatever breed we would currently be working on).'. I think that would really encourage people to just be more motivated and might even make them want to try new things!

I will probably permanently stop Dole's if I'm being completely transparent. I am working on a farm project that includes breeding a Gotland from AC horses. I am pretty far along on that so I doubt I will have any time dislodged for Dole's. I will keep a couple mares and a stallion on my holding account, or will get age them out.

I will gladly take your AC Forest Horse for my Gotland project if that's doable with you.
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

UniqueFarms wrote:-
All good ideas in my opinion. I'm not a leader but I can try doing some of those things. Don't worry about the Doles, I think we've got them covered enough for the remaining time that we need them.

Forest horse is up for offers. : )
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

EclipticEnd wrote:I'm not a leader but I can try doing some of those things.
As a leader, I give you permission, as long as everyone else is fine with it :D

Also, I need everyone's opinion, should I add a group ping to the main post? It could have everyone in one big ping, separate pings based on role, or both.

Let me know, guys, your opinions matter ^^
brightspace16
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by brightspace16 »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
EclipticEnd wrote:I'm not a leader but I can try doing some of those things.
As a leader, I give you permission, as long as everyone else is fine with it :D

Also, I need everyone's opinion, should I add a group ping to the main post? It could have everyone in one big ping, separate pings based on role, or both.

Let me know, guys, your opinions matter ^^
yes! I think both of those would be useful. That way we could easily reach the right people.
Gabby_Woodlark
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

brightspace16 wrote: yes! I think both of those would be useful. That way we could easily reach the right people.
Thank you for your input :D I'll make my final decision when either a leader agrees or another two members :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 5:07 am

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:07 am