Community Forum

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by EclipticEnd »

redster wrote:-
Sounds good. He wasn't technically made for RBRC work so I'll be leaving my brand on him instead of the club's. He's up for offers and completely free.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

EclipticEnd wrote:
Sounds good. He wasn't technically made for RBRC work so I'll be leaving my brand on him instead of the club's. He's up for offers and completely free.
Thank you so much!!! I'd been having a heck of a time trying to keep good Body Size on my Tarpans and Mongolians, so I'll be so happy to have this boy help out with that problem.

(Now to go make sure I actually have room...)
Steinböckin
Visit My Farm

Post by Steinböckin »

EclipticEnd wrote:Yili
Heya!

I have a 5* Yili Stallion
, but also a bit lighter 3* stallion
and a way lighter 2* stallion
for one who has a fitting mix!
I also have some russian dons, but all are far from being suitable but you can check them out if u want

Ping me if you want a stallion or a stud or whatever you guys need!

cheers~
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Steinböckin wrote:-
Fantastic! That'll make things a lot easier.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hello friends! I don't know if anyone is interested, but I've just accidentally bred another Dulmen. :lol:
He'll likely be sitting around in my account until I decide to either sell him or put him up for stud. So, if anyone has an interest in taking him for any reason, let me know!

Wishing Potion
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Neat, those're pretty rare!

I don't currently have any use for a Dulmen, but maybe someone else here might. Congratulations on the rare foal!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hey, all! I've updated the target breed to Yili due to some interest in the community. Irish Sport Horses have been put back into the Future Breeds category.

I'll be casually working on this until I have the space to be more serious with my breeding. Right now I'm breeding a single pair of horses to work toward Karabairs for Russian Dons and Kazakhs as I don't have a lot of room to devote towards this yet. I know that one or two other members are also working on this breed as well.

Yili are somewhat difficult via the Orlov Trotter side of their recipe. Orlovs require Mecklenburgs which are rather rare I believe. If anyone wants to work on sourcing Orlovs or Mecklens then that'd be wonderful! Ideally the Collectors should do this, but any and all members are very welcome to as well.

Steinböckin has offered the use of some Kazakhs and Russian Dons, but sourcing even more of these breeds would also be great.

If you'd like to help out then you can check this for a better idea of what your role should be working on. Breeders and Challenged breeders should be working on the main breeds (Yili, Orlovs, Russians, and Kazakhs) and Extra Breeders should be working on recipe crosses which are detailed there. Extra Breeders, you're looking to get at least a 3-4* evaluation with those recipe horses if you can.

If anyone needs some funds, let me or one of the other fund holders know. You can see who's holding how much money on the main post under the Finances section.

If you intend to help out then please reply to this message so others working on this breed know! Your efforts can be casual such as holding/buying horses or more active such as breeding recipe horses.

Cheers!
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Haha... and now I've accidentally bred a Hucul. :lol:
Like the Dulmen from yesterday, if anyone wants him for any reason, let me know.

Gravelights
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

...And now I've accidentally gotten a Cheju!
I wish I was as good at making the breeds I'm aiming for as I am at accidentally breeding even rarer ones. :roll:

At least Chejus are used in the recipe for another breed (and this one is a filly!) so like the others, let me know if anyone would like her.

Watchful Bones
Stick
Visit My Farm

Post by Stick »

Hey y'all. Don't know if anyone is working on Chinese Ponies or Tibetan Ponies, but I'm trying to work on my stock to get them more in line with maybe achieving a successful Hequ. So, I'm looking for purchases and/or studs that are some combination of tall height ratings, big build ratings, and high pony type ratings. Or, potentially looking for help affording more breedings with a couple very expensive studs on the market that have these ratings. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm