Community Forum

The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: RBRC Role Application/Changes

Post by EclipticEnd »

Steinböckin wrote:Hey there!

I'd love to join the community as I started to breed rare breeds since the day I joined.

Username(s): Steinböckin | Funke
Do you meet the Requirements?: Yes
Why you want to be a Breeder: (Optional) Always loved the rarer breeds and the challenge (+ the excitement when I got a new breed)
Other: Already Have some of the less then 100 breeds, for example Aenos, Arenberg-Nordkirchen, Bali, Batak, Fouta, Java, Manipuri Pony, Maremana, Murgese, Spiti, Taishuh, Sumbawa, ...
Most breeds I have more then one horse and would love to help anyone who also is breeding in this cummunity

Also would love to gain a higher rank if it's possible at one point (no specific breeder tho)

Cheers xx
Super sorry for the wait; I must've missed the notification.

You're certainly accepted! If you need help gaining any recipe horses then let me know. The current target selected by the group is Irish Sport Horses. We're working on making Irish Draughts for them since those are rather rare. Information on the recipes can be found here.

The community's become rather quiet recently, but I think it's mostly just that other members are taking breaks to focus on their own projects for a while or (like me) have some IRL events that are making them less active online. Regardless, it's good to have another member join and I'll help however I can!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: The Rare Breed Repopulation Community (2023 Edition)

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hiya all!

I know it's been a while and interest in this club may have decreased a bit, but remember the Latvian Harness Horses? They're now in the low-mid 60,000 HGP with the highest being 67k HGP. I intend to get them to 65k-67k before I release them. I wanted to check again on who all wanted a horse. Heartland2001 wanted a colt and filly if I remember correctly. Did anyone else in the club want a couple of Lats? They won't be discipline or conformation specialized, I've just set about raising the HGP on them.

I'll be releasing them to the public after the club gets their share.
Heartland2001
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Heartland2001 »

EclipticEnd wrote:Hiya all!

I know it's been a while and interest in this club may have decreased a bit, but remember the Latvian Harness Horses? They're now in the low-mid 60,000 HGP with the highest being 67k HGP. I intend to get them to 65k-67k before I release them. I wanted to check again on who all wanted a horse. Heartland2001 wanted a colt and filly if I remember correctly. Did anyone else in the club want a couple of Lats? They won't be discipline or conformation specialized, I've just set about raising the HGP on them.

I'll be releasing them to the public after the club gets their share.
i would still love a colt and filly let me know when you send them out
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hello, friends. I'm returning to the game after about a year hiatus, and wanted to say that this project looks very interesting! I'd love to join in some capacity, as working toward rare breeds is my main focus here, but I'm trying to figure out what would fit the best and how to actually participate correctly.(Processing information is not super easy for me, so apologies if it takes extra explanation before I catch on.)

Between my accounts (and now partially helping to run my partner's accounts as she's still stepped back from the game a bit) I've been working on several rare breeds by myself. It has been a slog, but I've enjoyed it. I would love to continue the breeds I've been working on, as well as having ways to contribute to and benefit from the various things that the club offers? In my breed projects, I tend to start from the bottom and work up, so I currently have small populations of the foundation breeds and recipe horses all the way up toward my goal. I saw that Andalusian and Galloway were on the list for goals, and those are two of the breeds I'm very slowly working my way towards, so right now I've got small Sorraia, West Barb, and Exmoor herds. There are other rare breed goals I'm juggling as well, but these seemed the most immediately relevant to folks.

Besides just general "how do I go about jumping in" questions, my biggest question is wondering about the "brand" we need to use. I don't tend to use brands on my horses, so would I have to change that fact if I wanted to join the club?

Thanks!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

redster wrote:-
Hiya, welcome back to the game! You're very welcome to join if you like, the club's just gone pretty quiet as I think most (if not all) of the members are working on their own things right now. Also, no worries! I'm more than happy to explain things so ask all the questions you need. : )

Yes, the club offers a membership role for people who are working on making breeds that they choose at their own pace. That'd be the Specific Breeder role. As a Specific Breeder, your job is to just play how you normally would and do whatever breeding projects you'd like. It's very much a work at your own pace on your own projects role. It's specifically made for people who are making breeds or have a project with rare or semi-rare horses. The horses you work on don't have to be on the club's list, though you're welcome to tackle some of them if you'd like.

Having any role in this club will open any club benefits to you. There's a list on the main post, but I'll copy it here for context: Sharing Studs, Donating Horses/Time/Money, Trading Horses, Selling Horses, etc. The club has it's own treasury with donations from other club members to help with any financial issues regarding your breeding projects. If you need a horse that's a tad expensive, for example, then you can ask any of the Treasurers for assistance. Now that I have premium, I'm happy to offer conformations. If you need help getting/finding specific horses, we're here to help with that and may be able to offer studs. Things of that nature are considered benefits. There's also the occasional club contest, but with how quiet things have been I haven't hosted more than one.

As for branding, the club does have this official brand: ❖║R•B•R•C║❖ . This is moreso for group project horses that the other breeding roles might work together to create. As a specific breeder, you would not be required to use it; your horses are your horses. If you ever donate a horse to the club for use with the main goal breeds, it might end up with the brand on it to help other members remember that it's a club horse and not one of theirs, moreso as a preventative measure so they don't unintentionally forget and keep it.

To sum the brand up: if it's a group project, a horse being borrowed via other club members, or a horse being sold on behalf of the club then the brand should be used. If it's a solo project then it's not necessary to use the brand as you've done all of the work.

Sorry for the big blocks of text. Let me know if you have any more questions or would like to hear more about any specific thing!
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

EclipticEnd wrote:...
Oh! This is great, thank you so much. It does all clarify a lot of things for me. And that's very reassuring about the brand; that makes total sense.

I guess my only other questions would be: is there a list of what breeds everyone is working on or horses that are known to be available to stud etc., or doesn't that kind of thing really get logged? And would I need to list all of the accounts that I use, and if so, would I also have to list my partner's accounts that I'm semi-managing right now, or could I just list our two main ones to keep things simple?

Thanks again for these replies. I know things are pretty quiet at the moment, but I'm full of excited energy right now anyway, haha. :lol:
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

The only real list of breeds would be the goals listed here.

There's not a specific list noting what other Specific Breeders are doing as projects, but that's a great suggestion that I might add in the future. While there was a horse registry made for the club via one of the other leaders, I don't believe it remained updated and it has since become somewhat abandoned. I haven't remade it as I tend to forget to keep things updated, such as checking if horses have been rehomed, sold to different players, aged out, etc. The silence in the club has also been a factor.

For finding studs via the club, it's mostly just been asking if anyone has a horse that evaluates for a specific breed. For example, Mongolians are Przewalski Horses and Tarpans, so if I were looking to breed one and need help finding a stud, I'd post in here and ask if anyone has any Prze or Tarpans for Mongolians.

I'd say that things aren't overly logged at the moment. If that's something that interests you as well as other members then I'd be happy to look into fixing it; no one's asked so I haven't worked on registries. I appreciate that you've brought it up. : )

I would suggest listing all accounts that you use; it's mainly insurance for other members to know who's offering on club horses and such. For example, if I were to offer on a club horse with my secondary then the holder of that horse could check the member list for that username and confirm that it is indeed a member's account.

No problem, I don't mind answering questions and it's great to see some new interest in the club!
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Ha, yeah... from my own experience having run various things in the past, keeping things like registries of horses super updated would be a pain. But seeing a list of what breeds are being worked on by various people would be kind of cool maybe, and I imagine that would only need to be updated when someone requests to add something to the list. One of those "you don't need to tell us what breeds you're working on but it would be cool to see" kind of things. It might help to see if there are already people working toward a goal or keeping successful herds of certain breeds. But it might also just be my collector brain that would have a big interest in something like that.

Oh, also, I saw mention of there potentially being freezer accounts or something? Every once in a while I'll breed a rare breed that I don't intend to make, or I lose interest in a breed once I successfully check it off my list. Is there an account where we "bank" some rare breeds to add to the group's collection?
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

That's very true. I can certainly add specific player names to the completed breeds section to show who worked on what breed. We haven't done many insofar so it's an easy change.

I've been considering doing some group pings to check on other players. I can add a query as to what they're working on and add that as well. It'd certainly be easier than a registry! Perhaps allowing them to post a link to one of their best horses as an example of their breeding would be ideal as well.

The Collector role is meant for players who wouldn't mind boarding rare horses for other members. They're also meant to ask around and locate buyers for horses that the club intends to sell.

At the moment those would be Gabby_Woodlark, Iris Rock Stables, UniqueFarms and UnpredictableDragon. I haven't heard from any of them in a while (though I'm aware Gabby's taking a year long break from the game) so I'm not sure what the status is on that. I'd make an account for that myself but I'm sticking to the two accounts rule. With all of my projects as well as my Sponsorship I unfortunately don't have room to dedicate to that. They're going to be pinged as well to check up on how they're doing and if they'd still like to do this, so I'll have a more definitive answer for that eventually.

At the moment I can say that I'm working towards Miniature Horses; I'm trying to breed some Falabellas at the moment. Once those're done I can make the Minis. After that I'll probably be working on this club's breeding goal.

Edit: I've gone ahead and added who helped complete what breed here to the best of my ability. I've also gone through this topic and our older version and noted who's working on what project (Specific Breeders only). You can find that on the main post of this topic. I appreciate the suggestions!
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Ah, cool!! Yay, that's fun to see. And ah yeah, I get the Collector thing more now. If I do happen to find any spare rare guys as I continue to clean up our accounts, I'll give a shout-out here either way, just in case anyone does happen to want to take them.

Thanks again for all your help! I'm now officially re-excited about our old rare breed projects. :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:56 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:56 pm