AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Tall Pines Chat

Post by AppleofHiseye178 »

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:
Thank you for explaining that. I will definitely keep this chart and look my arabians over and see what their numbers are. They seem to have really good breeder comments. Raid-A-Bandit has 87.5 speed and 90.7 stamina (breeder comment score) lol and his intelligence score is almost perfect at 97.8. That is very encouraging. Sadly I wish my horses lived longer. I didn't mean to ask the same question over and over. We just have so many forums going on all of my accounts that I am getting confused on which reply is where.
Yup, like I said before your Arabians are super nice quality, I've used Raid-A-Bandit, love him. I always take a second look when I see one of yours :D I can tell you put a lot of thought into your breeding.
Now that you have a freezer acct. you can keep all you special ones there. Up to 211 horses if you want :D
Your not asking the same over again, I didn't see the question about stud right away till I saw what you said here. I put him up for you.
I don't visit that other farm as much since I switched to Racing and Thoroughbreds.
OH!! I had a dumb moment. I didn't even realize Westview Stables is yours too. Honestly, I have to give credit to some of the other players for helping me with my Arabians.
Muller
gave me a REALLY nice stallion awhile back which REALLY helped my group to be what it is. Someone else gave a very High HGP Mare. Which both of them have past now. I set out with this plan to reprove the Arabian breeds that were to breed standard.. since the AC ones have red stats and were not high quality. Being that Arabians are such a popular breed on here there is so many studs. Most of them were too tall to fit my goal. So I started producing what I could with what I could find. with the help of some very generous people who sold me their retired breeding stock. my strategy has always been to stick to STANDARD and look for whatever is better than you have. So far so good. Thank you for the compliments. It makes me want to work on my Arabians more. I think I am going to wait for CaptianObvious/THoughtfulKisses foal gets here, and then I will work on the thoroughbreds some more. I think I have some studying to do. It is definitely a new ball park than I am used too.
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
Yup, like I said before your Arabians are super nice quality, I've used Raid-A-Bandit, love him. I always take a second look when I see one of yours :D I can tell you put a lot of thought into your breeding.
Now that you have a freezer acct. you can keep all you special ones there. Up to 211 horses if you want :D
Your not asking the same over again, I didn't see the question about stud right away till I saw what you said here. I put him up for you.
I don't visit that other farm as much since I switched to Racing and Thoroughbreds.
OH!! I had a dumb moment. I didn't even realize Westview Stables is yours too. Honestly, I have to give credit to some of the other players for helping me with my Arabians.
Muller
gave me a REALLY nice stallion awhile back which REALLY helped my group to be what it is. Someone else gave a very High HGP Mare. Which both of them have past now. I set out with this plan to reprove the Arabian breeds that were to breed standard.. since the AC ones have red stats and were not high quality. Being that Arabians are such a popular breed on here there is so many studs. Most of them were too tall to fit my goal. So I started producing what I could with what I could find. with the help of some very generous people who sold me their retired breeding stock. my strategy has always been to stick to STANDARD and look for whatever is better than you have. So far so good. Thank you for the compliments. It makes me want to work on my Arabians more. I think I am going to wait for CaptianObvious/THoughtfulKisses foal gets here, and then I will work on the thoroughbreds some more. I think I have some studying to do. It is definitely a new ball park than I am used too.
There are a lot of really nice people here in HWO. It's a nice friendly environment. It's hard switching from one venue to another. You do such a great job with your Arabians you should not give them up. Just start working on building your Thoroughbreds slowly the same as you did with Arabs. And you know you don't have to be tied into racing with them, Since you like to keep to the standard maybe you could work on one of the other events that don't require as high speed. Use the good stats that you have already accomplished to your advantage. Consider working on improving their stats for Endurance since you are well on your way to those numbers and they need to be bombproof. Also easier to keep BP without needing a barn. Hunters or the Driving events are good for bombproof thoroughbreds and Arabians too. Your strategy is good and has worked for you; just apply it the same way with thoroughbreds if you still want to pursue them.
Thoughtful Kisses just turned 4 tonight. I sent her to ShowCountry to be bred with Captain Obvious. I'll bring her back tomorrow and start getting her ready to foal. I bred 4 of my other black mares with white legs and only one had only a white face mark besides white stockings, not colorful like dad. The white stockings seems to be dominant but full white patches probably needs the mares to be more colorful too.
"Make Hay While The Sun Shines"
AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
OH!! I had a dumb moment. I didn't even realize Westview Stables is yours too. Honestly, I have to give credit to some of the other players for helping me with my Arabians. gave me a REALLY nice stallion awhile back which REALLY helped my group to be what it is. Someone else gave a very High HGP Mare. Which both of them have past now. I set out with this plan to reprove the Arabian breeds that were to breed standard.. since the AC ones have red stats and were not high quality. Being that Arabians are such a popular breed on here there is so many studs. Most of them were too tall to fit my goal. So I started producing what I could with what I could find. with the help of some very generous people who sold me their retired breeding stock. my strategy has always been to stick to STANDARD and look for whatever is better than you have. So far so good. Thank you for the compliments. It makes me want to work on my Arabians more. I think I am going to wait for CaptianObvious/THoughtfulKisses foal gets here, and then I will work on the thoroughbreds some more. I think I have some studying to do. It is definitely a new ball park than I am used too.
There are a lot of really nice people here in HWO. It's a nice friendly environment. It's hard switching from one venue to another. You do such a great job with your Arabians you should not give them up. Just start working on building your Thoroughbreds slowly the same as you did with Arabs. And you know you don't have to be tied into racing with them, Since you like to keep to the standard maybe you could work on one of the other events that don't require as high speed. Use the good stats that you have already accomplished to your advantage. Consider working on improving their stats for Endurance since you are well on your way to those numbers and they need to be bombproof. Also easier to keep BP without needing a barn. Hunters or the Driving events are good for bombproof thoroughbreds and Arabians too. Your strategy is good and has worked for you; just apply it the same way with thoroughbreds if you still want to pursue them.
Thoughtful Kisses just turned 4 tonight. I sent her to ShowCountry to be bred with Captain Obvious. I'll bring her back tomorrow and start getting her ready to foal. I bred 4 of my other black mares with white legs and only one had only a white face mark besides white stockings, not colorful like dad. The white stockings seems to be dominant but full white patches probably needs the mares to be more colorful too.
There really is. You are right. Thank you. I will take the unbeaten path. I will attempt at making 5* thoroughbreds the best that I can. It will take awhile. If it doesn't look like dad, it will be okay. I'll be happy with whatever it ends up being. I think I am having Sellers Remorse.. Is that normal? Like I sell a horse, and then regret it..
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
yeah, I think it's totally normal. I've surely had it too.
One of those foals by Obvious is a 5* and I don't want to keep it. The stats are just OK, nothing special and I need to make more room on my farm. If you want it you can have it, free of course, before I rehome it. It's a black filly with white stockings.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3812742
I also have an older 5* mare you can have too. She has decent stats for breeding.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3745254#
If you think you can use them let me know and I'll put them in the market.
PS,,, you can change the name just keep tall pines on the mare.
AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
One of those foals by Obvious is a 5* and I don't want to keep it. The stats are just OK, nothing special and I need to make more room on my farm. If you want it you can have it, free of course, before I rehome it. It's a black filly with white stockings.
I also have an older 5* mare you can have too. She has decent stats for breeding.
Yea I'll take them!! By the way you should stalk my thoroughbred account. I am working on Tranquil Raven and Dusty Duchess competitive career. if my 14 yrs tabby cat would get out of in front of the computer.. lol Man, cats.. :lol:
Also I would consider Raven to be a good all-around horse. He is doing well in just about everything so far.. He may not be 5* but he is definitely well bred for competing. You are doing an excellent job. Knight is still my top love though.
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
Yea I'll take them!! By the way you should stalk my thoroughbred account. I am working on Tranquil Raven and Dusty Duchess competitive career. if my 14 yrs tabby cat would get out of in front of the computer.. lol Man, cats.. :lol:
Also I would consider Raven to be a good all-around horse. He is doing well in just about everything so far.. He may not be 5* but he is definitely well bred for competing. You are doing an excellent job. Knight is still my top love though.
Lol, silly cat.
That's great! Glad they are doing so good. I do try to breed a well rounded horse. Not focusing on just speed like some do. My personal goal is to have at least 30 plus in strength and agility as well as high scores in speed and stamina. I don't always get that but it's what I want. And I'm working on bettering HGP. I might ask to use some of your studs to help me with that.
The girls are up!

Update,,,I took a hint from you and bred a few of my mares to Speedy and Whisper Wink :) to try to improve HGP and balance.
AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
Lol, silly cat.
That's great! Glad they are doing so good. I do try to breed a well rounded horse. Not focusing on just speed like some do. My personal goal is to have at least 30 plus in strength and agility as well as high scores in speed and stamina. I don't always get that but it's what I want. And I'm working on bettering HGP. I might ask to use some of your studs to help me with that.
The girls are up!

Update,,,I took a hint from you and bred a few of my mares to Speedy and Whisper Wink :) to try to improve HGP and balance.
Yay! Awesome! You can you use whatever stud you want of mine. Yes I really like speedy. I’ll try to make a list of all the high HGP studs that I find and use. I am super excited to see what they look like. I am actually going to breed whisper wink to dusty duchess as soon as she turns four. I think they will be a great pairing. Also There is a Tobiano thoroughbred on the market named Historical… something. Anyhow he isn’t 5* (too tall) but his HGP is 68k
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
Yay! Awesome! You can you use whatever stud you want of mine. Yes I really like speedy. I’ll try to make a list of all the high HGP studs that I find and use. I am super excited to see what they look like. I am actually going to breed whisper wink to dusty duchess as soon as she turns four. I think they will be a great pairing. Also There is a Tobiano thoroughbred on the market named Historical… something. Anyhow he isn’t 5* (too tall) but his HGP is 68k
Yes! that would be great if you find some Thoroughbreds with high HGP that are not BP and not too expensive.
I'll be looking forward to seeing how the Whisper Wink/Dusty Duchess pair turns out. Should be good. I'll let you know how my breedings with him do. I do like the tobianos, I could use some more flash in my stock LOL :lol: I've got some endurance horses that are a North African Barb/Thoroughbred mix but no full thoroughbred tobianos.
Thank you for taking those 2 girls off my hands, i really need to downsize my farms; but you didn't have to pay anything for them. Thanks though :D if you breed that foal to a Tobiano with lots of white, especially on the head you just might get some of Obvious's color come through.
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: Yup, no prob 8-)

The 178 is from Psalms 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings," :D
That's great! I have lots of passwords that are Bible verses ;)
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Hannah771 wrote:
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:

The 178 is from Psalms 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings," :D
That's great! I have lots of passwords that are Bible verses ;)
:)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 11:11 pm

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:11 pm